3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

350 Quaker Road, Old Silver Beach, North Falmouth, Falmouth, Massachusetts, 02556, USA

Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 140% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• ANY MOTEL WOULD BE BETTER THAN THIS "RESORT/HOTEL"

I stayed for 2 days with 42 other travelers at this hotel. They never made up the room or changed the sheets or gave us a change of towels throughout our stay, Calling housekeeping was a waste of time since they never answered. Speaking to the day manager he asked if we put out the MAKEUP ROOM card and we all said yes. A representative came to our room sometime later and stated they would make take care of it when we went to dinner. They never came back to our room. In addition, I stated that the stopper in the bathroom bason didn't work either. Of course they would handle that immediately but again they never returned to do anything. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.The management didn't seem to care about any of our concerns.

Unique Quality: the indoor pool area was beautiful however it was in a separate building by itself. You had to go out of the hotel to get to it and it was windy and very cold since it borders the ocean.

Directions: old silver beach on cape cod

• False Advertising at its Best - Motel not Resort

At $318 a night for what is being marketed as a "Oceanfront Resort & Conference Center", we got motel accomodations, and an awful experience. The lobby smelled of mold due to an air conditioning vent that leaked right on to a very old carpet. We were in an ocean front room with dirty windows & old scrubby looking carpenting (you do not want to walk around in with bare feet). The patio door with no screen was hard to open and required some struggle to open when we wanted air. The balcony has no roof and has old carpet flooring so when it rains the water seaps into the carpeting and you could just imagine what grows under there. All of the blankets were cheesy looking and all had holes. The bedsheets were of very poor quality and would roll off of the mattress while you slept, so that you would find yourself sleeping on the bare mattress. The bathroom was very crampt and uncomfortable. The old air conditioner hummed loudly all through the night. The TV reception was poor and although they advertise as having cable TV, they only had basic network television. Additionally, we spotted a roach and when we complained to the Hotel Manager, he simply said that "that was very unusual for rooms on the 2nd floor" - which of course did not give us great comfort. We took one look at the eating/dinning facilites and knew that we should not eat there. I checked my family every day for any signs of bed bug bites, and when I returned home, I unpacked our bags outside because I was afraid of bringing any bugs into my home, and I had to wash everything in hot water. We will never go again and certainly would not recommend it. This is very unfortuntate because the beach location is truely beautiful, and can provide for the most spectacular vacation ever, if it the accomodations were not so horrific. This place needs to be knocked down and rebuilt completely, and it can become one of the greatest vacation spots in the country. The sorrounding town is beautiful, and has alot to offer.

More about Sea Crest Resort

What is this place? Fort Knox?

My sister and I were looking for a place for my parents to spend a couple of nights. (Who have severe arthritis and can not do a heck of a lot of walking)We decided to take a day trip to the Cape and check out a few places. Have been to Old Silver Beach with my 8 yr. old before and had a great time, so we headed that way first. Turned into the Sea Crest. Were immediately stopped at the guard shack. We told them what we were doing and asked if we could check out the rooms and see the distance from them to the beach, amenities, etc.and possibly make reservations. We were told NO! Handed a brochure and were told that reservations can only be done over the phone! So we then had to turn around and leave! What the heck type of cusomer service is that? Needless to say we will not be sending them there!

As long as it doesn't rain...

by TripAdvisor Member Summerforever

Here is the deal with The Sea Crest Resort... It's has one of the best beaches on Cape Cod and really that is all you can expect. Don't go there for the food,service or room decore. The only thing that you are paying for is the beach. The breakfast and dinner menu is very limiting and overpriced. Such as one beef dish, one chicken dish, fish and pasta. Very plain and bland. The view of the beach and ocean is the best part. Try the deli is not half bad. The service. I have never seen a more helpless crew of employees in my life. Some of them want to help you but clearly managment has sent the message don't bother. Front desk agents cannot and will not adjust rates if you do experience an opportunity. Even if you may have ordered the wrong movie or dialed a wrong phone number, you will be charged. Don't expect a welcome back or happy birthday greeeting. Don't expect anyone to open a door for you or your pregant wife. Moving on to the room decor. Just image a room at The Motel 6 from 1983. Nothing great, just the very basics. It might be clean but I would bring my own linen and remove the bed spread right away. The outdoor pool is nice. Stay away from the indoor pool, hot tub and locker rooms. I will spare you the details. The prices vary from $180 to $300 a night, peak season. Not cheap but remember you want to go there because of the beach only! There are only 40 or so ocean front rooms out of 266 rooms. The standard rooms has no view what so ever. Some ocean front rooms are smoking, up stairs, no elevators and two double beds. That can make a romantic get-a-way for 300 bucks a night not really worth it, good luck if it rains. If you still want to load up the family wagon for a weekend at the beach, I would due the following things. Pack a cooler full with food and drinks. Bring a mircowave. They do have a little fridge. Get take out at the House of Pizza or get dinner at The Silver Lounge. Don't rely on the staff getting or provding you with anything. Double check your reservations and most importantly pray for SUN!

Where They Really Don't Care

by TripAdvisor Member gadgetgrrl

Nice beach, pretty nice beach bar scene. The conference facilities are marginal: the rooms are more musty and faded than at any other conference I've attended and there's a pervasive bathroom smell near some of the smaller rooms. What really gripes me, though, is that even at $200/night this place really doesn't care about its customers. I still can't believe the manager wouldn't credit me $1.50 for a cup of coffee when they ran out of room coffee - how cheezy is that?! Two fire alarms (an hour apart) emptied the buildings one night due to someone smoking in their room. I got the impression that happens regularly - the staff were just shrugging their shoulders. My recommendation is to park at the public beach next door and come on over to the beach bar for a lemonade... but if you stay here, you'll be disappointed.

The worst expereince I have ever had

by TripAdvisor Member karenarmsford

I have never had such a bad experince witha hotel before. I stayed at the Sea Crest for two nights and paid extra for an "ocean view" room. My view was not of the ocean, but instead was a repulsive view of the roof. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk, and asked that they either move my room or remove the additional fee, they assured me that it would be taken care of. It was not, and I was forced to pay the additional fee against my will (it was charged to my visa card without my permission).

The reservations mangager treated me in a completely unprofessional manner, and approached me instantly as the enemy, as did the hotel manager. Not one person tried to understand where I was coming from; at no point was I treated as a customer. This is a disgrace for an institution in the service industry. The fee, a total of less than $50, does not make such a difference to a large opertation like The Sea Crest, but does matter to an average person. Would it have been so hard fro them to remove the fee, and made me a happy customer? Instead they can be satisfied in being "right" and never having me as a customer again.

Suprised by the great experience!

by TripAdvisor Member beachlady

I just stayed at the Sea Crest Resort for a brief 2 day mini-vacation. I had stayed here before off season and it was just OK. This time my family had a very good time and thought it was alot of resort for small change. We are usually 5 star travelers and expect alot. We like Miami and the Islands...

The beach was excellent - I would say that it rivals Megans Bay in St Thomas....the pool and bar area are very well laid out and good, inexpensive food is available ($5 for hamburger and fries...it's triple that in Miami! I would advise people to bring a cooler for the drinks - a diet coke is $1.50 at the bar and $2.00 in the machine...Chowder at Oscars is really yummy! There are many picnic tables to eat at and feel the cool ocean breezes...and many close take out places. Try Cookes in Mashpee...GREAT clams!

The staff is not very flexible and no upgrades were available (I love Marriotts for this) but I will say that the Manager Essie made an attempt to say hello to me everytime he saw me called me by name. Very impressive.

I called another lesser quality resort on the Cape to unquire about a reservation and the price was $200 more a night! We paid less than the difference for a standard (no view) room but it had been recently updated and was very nice. I'll be back in 2 weeks it was ssooo relaxing and nice.

Not as bad as these boards report

by TripAdvisor Member dylanmcd

I really wanted to cancel my reservation after reading the reviews. But i was meeting a large group of friends from out of town and decided i would tough it out. I have spent 10 years on the road for work - staying in 4-5 star hotels. This is not one of those hotels. This is an AVERAGE, somewhat dated room. But......our room was clean, the grounds were immaculate, the staff was there the second we needed them - ie bellman at our door within 3 minutes of calling - printed directions to every restaurant we went to...easy check in-attentive service at brunch. The beach is wonderful....i went there to "sleep" in a room - and not live it in. I was pleasantly suprised - location, location, location.

One TERRIBLE Night of Sleep (or lack thereof)

by TripAdvisor Member Tiredtravel

At first glance our ocean-view room appeared clean and I didn't mind spending the extra bucks for the beach access and sunset. However, my romantic evening quickly turned to one of disgust upon discovering several suspicious live bugs under the mattress.
Why did he check under the matttress, you may wonder. I happen to own a pest control company and have made this a standard process when staying in any hotel. Now to add to the paper-thin walls and listening to the baby cry next door (9:30pm), we had an infestation to deal with.
I contacted the manager who was less than sympathetic and moved us to another room-with a view of roof tops. He also failed to document the occasion, as we discovered in the morning.
Our next room, now 11:30pm, tired and disgusted, was equally noisy and lacked any sound-proofing. It sounded like the man next door was in my bed (and he woke up bright and early at 6:00am to provide his commentary on his blaring television.
If you are looking for a good nights sleep the beach is a better bet than this noise factory-and there are probably less bugs.
Oh yeah, breakfast is NOT included, though when I inquired about this at the front desk there was no mention of a fee. Go happy, leave tired and hungry.

Alot of money for the location only

by TripAdvisor Member madimattmom

I was so disappointed when I got to this "resort". I went with my husband and my two 8 year old kids. The lobby looks great but as soon as you start walking around, everythink looks so old and dirty. It's not actually dirty but I was disgusted by the looks of the place. I'm sure back in the day, this must have been a fabulous place but it needs alot of money put back into it!!!

The room is just as yuck, let's not even talk about the bathroom. We were expecting two beds but they gave us a bed and a couch with a pull-out mattress, that was extremely uncomfortable. It just didn't feel clean. You do not get what you pay for at this very pricey hotel. The location is the reason, the beach.

Thank God for the two ping pong tables that we played with and indoor and outdoor pools.

Breakfast isn't included either and they only have regular coffee. Every morning I had to drive into town to get a latte. Ok I'm spoiled but I like a strong coffee in the morning.

The only thing I did enjoy was Falmouth. It was really nice to be away from all the tourists. The people at the Sea Crest were mainly from Boston. We also had fun at Martha's Vineyard, bring your bathing suit, there is a really nice beach there.

Great family property

by TripAdvisor Member JacksonDublin

Brought my family to the Sea Crest during school vacation week. Great property for families - they had free activities planned throughout the week such as face painting, puppet shows, make your own sundaes which my kids loved. The rooms are not luxurious - but they are comfortable, clean, spacious. The staff really make the difference - great service throughout our stay.

Comments