Blue Spruce Motel

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 102 reviews
Hotels.com Expedia.com

Dishonorable - Greedy - Rude

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 6, 2011

7/3/11 I called the Blue Spruce Motel to reserve a non-smoking room with (2) queen sized beds for 9/2/11. Allan, the desk clerk, told me that the owner, Tom, was away and I should call back next week and speak with him.

7/6/11 I called Tom, the owner, and he made my reservation for the non-smoking room with (2) queen sized beds located on the 2nd floor for the night of 9/2/11. This was secured with my credit card. I asked Tom to email me confirmation, which he did. See Below:
____________________________________________________________________________

PLYMOUTH, MA 02360-5115
508-224-3990
FAX 508-224-2279

Dear *****.
In answer to your recent request, we are pleased to
reserve 1 room at the Blue Spruce Motel.
For a deposit refund a notice of cancellation is required 3 day (s) prior to scheduled arrival on motel rooms less a $10.00 administration charge, less than 3 days loss of one night stay.
We have scheduled your arrival for 09/02/2011 and departure for 09/03/2011 On day of arrival, room availability cannot be guaranteed until after 2:00 pm.
On day of departure check out time is 11:00am.
Please let us know if you will be arriving after 9pm, we will make arrangements to leave a key out for you.
Our swimming pool is for registered guests only.
There will be a $200.00 charge for smoking in a non-smoking room. Sorry no pets allowed. 1 room with w/two queen beds second floor non smoking @ $149.00 plus 11.7% room tax = $166.43 this amount will be charged to your credit card 30 days prior to arrival.
Please feel free to contact us if you have future questions.
Sincerely,
Tom,
The Blue Spruce Motel
Reservations

9/2/11 At 9:00am I called the Blue Spruce Motel and confirmed my reservation by phone.

9/2/11 At 4:00pm I arrived for check-in and was given a key for unit #124. Unit #124 was on the 1st floor and did not have queen sized beds. I explained that I had paid for a 2nd floor, non-smoking unit with 2 queen sized beds. Tom initially told me that he moved me because thought I would like this new room better. When I told him I wanted the room that I had reserved and paid for, he told me I couldn’t have it because he had given it to a customer who walked in before I arrived. I asked him to move that customer to unit #124 and give me the room that I had paid for and reserved 8 weeks earlier. He then proceeded to tell me that he wouldn’t move the new customer because he would make more money from the new customer as they were staying longer. I took out the confirmation email to show him what he had confirmed to me and he became angry and rude. He told me if I didn’t like it, he would refund my money and I could go somewhere else.

Beware!

Completely Revamped

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 14, 2010

If you stayed here once several years ago and didn't like it, don't let your past experiences sour you to the thought of returning. The Bluespruce Motel is completely redone. They now serve complimentary continental breakfast. Their rooms come equipped with flat screen TVs and the carpets, comforters, curtains; everything has been updated. There is wifi access in all rooms and the office. The rooms are kept impeccably clean. If you once did not enjoy your stay here, I can guarantee your stance on this lovely place will make a complete 180 upon returning.

Unique Quality: Something that really stands out to me is the fact that this place is family owned for 30 years. While I was in the office eating continental breakfast in the office, the owner's daughter was there learning the family business. I know to many people this type of thing doesn't matter, but I just found it heartwarming to see that the whole family is behind the operation.

Directions: Manomet

• Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Plymouth Travel Forum

Need advice about Plymouth, Massachusetts? Visit the Travel Forum for Plymouth and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Plymouth hotel reviews

Stay Away...
PLYMOUTH ROCK
explore the Plantation
Things to Do
View the harbor from the hill above town
Mayflower II
1749 Court House and Museum
Back to 1627 in Plimouth
Things to Do
Largest Menu in Plymouth..
Restaurants
Another good Japanese place..
Restaurants
Good lunch & refreshments!
Hot & Fresh Sandwiches
Mexican Cooker & Bar
Restaurants
The "catchy jingle" place - Fresh made to order!
Restaurants
A good lunch stop in downtown Plymouth
Great Chinese Food!
All You Can Eat Chinese Food
Cheapest Lunch in Plymouth
mexican menu
Plimoth Plantation: 1627 Pilgrim Village
Pilgrim Hall Museum
Things to Do
Try tricking the costumed guides!
Explore the interiors
Shopping at Plimoth Plantation
Shopping
Boat cruise or whale watching?
Plimoth Plantation: Wampanoag Homesite