3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

25 Summer St, Plymouth, MA 02360

Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Friendly & Fun, if a Bit Outdated

My husband and I travelled here for a wedding and stayed one night in the beautiful queen fireplace suite. The room was clean and comfortable (especially with a memory foam mattress!). The jacuzzi was clean and spacious. The fireplace was convenient and easy to light (just flip a switch!). They even had a Keurig single cup coffee maker in the room, which was a treat. The furnishings/decor were slightly outdated and could've gone for a make over, but it certainly didn't take away from the experience. The swimming pool was awesome and surprisingly completely empty of children if you went early. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We certainly enjoyed our stay! One complaint was that the elevator was extremely slow and hot, but if you can manage the stairs, it is no problem! All in all, a great experience!

Unique Quality: Really fun indoor pool with a waterslide and whirlpool (which was limited only to ages 16+). Lovely fireplace suites.

• Cozy Warmth and New England Hospitality

Located in the heart of Historic Plymouth, on the site of the original Pilgrim Settlement, the John Carver Inn is just a short walk to all attractions, shopping and the breathtaking waterfront. Overlooking Brewster Gardens and across the street from Jenney Pond, the tranquil setting offers picturesque biking and walking trails to the waterfront.

The John Carver Inn is a full-service hotel with the cozy warmth and hospitality of a New England inn. The inn offers 79 spacious guest rooms and six luxury suites as well as the exciting Pilgrim Cove Indoor Theme Pool complete with period decor as well as a state-of the art fitness center...fun for all on-site as well as off.

Unique Quality: When we were there in 1993, there wasn't a Theme Pool but they did have a nice outdoor pool and since there was a heat wave while we were visiting, the pool was wonderful. The Hearth 'n Kettle Restaurant on-site served delicious food and the waitresses were dressed in period costumes. We would stay there again if we ever go back to Plymouth.

More about John Carver Inn

Take the Trolley

by Tryla

A convenient trolley service connects all Plymouth attractions in season. The John Carver Inn offers step-aboard service right from the front door. Ride all day for one low fare.

A great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member moon038

We needed a mini vacation and decided upon the John Carver Inn. It was a great place to stay for us and the kids. They LOVED the waterslide and pool. The location was perfect as you can easily walk to restaurants, shopping, the harbor and Brewster Park. They also give you a $10.00 certificate good for lunch or dinner at the Hearth and Kettle which has delicious food.

Average hotel

by TripAdvisor Member seaviewCranston_ri

Our stay at the John Carver Inn was enjoyable. I feel the price of the room was not worth it. Beds were terribly uncomfortable, room was in ok condition. We all (family of four) enjoyed the pool. We felt it was clean and the kids loved the slide. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel, which was very good. I would stay again for one or two nights but not for longer than that.

Nice comfortable stay for a business traveler

Being that I travel as a part of my occupation, I stay at alot of hotels. Most are just carbon copy chain hotels that give you a box called a room. Recently I had the pleasure of staying at the John Carver Inn. This hotel is anything but a carbon copy. This Inn is the true meaning of the word "Inn". Nice, quaint, comfortable, and cozy, it was a much needed break from most hotels that I stay at. The room was great, the pool (and the waterslide, which I dared to go down and loved it) was fantastic, the food in the Hearth n' Kettle was affordable and the portions were huge. The service of the staff was extrememly helpful. I had some wireless trouble and they sorted everything out. Staying in alot of hotels, I know that wireless can be a tricky thing sometimes, luckily they have a nice business center that can be used for free at any time, this was helpful. The staff was also very helpful in pointing me around town in order to get where I needed to go, and where to get some necesities for my trip. Did I mention that there is a 24-hour Dunkin Donuts a stones throw away? This was also a selling point. All in all I am extremely pleased with the John Carver Inn and will be sure to return on business trips or with the family once the weather gets warmer.

We'll go back again

We stayed two nights in January and enjoyed ourselves tremendously. The absolute highlight of the place is the fabulous pool with waterslide, waterfall, and hot tub. There was also a small exercise room with plenty of unused equipment. The hotel is about 1/2 mile from Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower. Being the off season, there wasn't much going on at those displays. We will return in the warmer weather. We want to tour the Mayflower and Plimouth Plantation.
We had adjoining deluxe rooms. Deluxe rooms had a front view which was preferred over the standard view.
The staff was wonderful without seeming put on. The life guards relocated themselves to better keep an eye on the kids in the pool.
The convenience of the Hearth and Kettle restaurant which is a stroll through the hotel lobby was a big bonus. The food is average family fair for the most part. We asked for the table by the fireplace for breakfast and felt like we had won the lottery. The breakfast food was excellent.
The package deal we got included $10 coupons for each of the days we were there. We would go down to the restaurant for a 9pm dessert or appetizer snack. Those were good as well. We had a 6 year old and 5 adults this trip. The pool and slide are good for all ages. I highly recommend the John Carver Inn and look forward to a return visit this summer. They have a mailing list; visit the site and sign up.---------

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lawman

We stayed in a deluxe room with was nice and clean, but a bit deceiving. The web site pictures of deluxe room are from a different hotel the cape codder in hyannis. Kind of deciving. Pool was great for kids, and location was very good.

Room not "newly renovated"

We are a family of four who stayed at the JCI for a weekend in October. This property advertises newly renovated rooms. We checked into a room on the second floor. The carpet was worn and soiled and the wallpaper was peeling from the walls. The bathroom was not as clean as it should have been and the shower head in the tub was perfect for people under 4 ft tall as it was mounted about 5 ft up the wall. The walls were also a little thin, conversations next door were easily overheard. There are positive things about this hotel. The pool is fabulous for children, the restaurant was excellent and the hotel was close to everything. The positives outweigh the negatives but we feel the room description in the brochure was misleading. This hotel charges top dollar for a sub par room.

Very enjoyable visit

I originally booked this hotel for three nights. I had to call three times before I could cancel the third night and then they cancelled the whole reservation. Luckily I had a feeling that something wasn't right and I called to make sure that they still had our reservation. They of course didn't and I was told that there were no more rooms available. After complaining they were able to come up with the same room that I had booked. Needless to say when we got to the hotel I was unsure about the place. It turned out to be wonderful. We stayed in four poster bed with the fireplace room. There was enough room for my 11 month old to walk in the room and burn some of her energy off and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very accomodating and pleasant. I will definatly stay here if I were going to plymouth again.

Comments