Carriage House Provincetown

7 Central Street, Provincetown, Massachusetts, 02657, United States

Inn at 7 Central
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• Loved It!

On our last trip to provincetown we were greeted by our amazing host, Angus, at the ferry - what a welcome! The ferry is the best way to get to ptown from boston dropping you off literally on the dock of the bay. We have been to provincetown every year for the past fifteen years, a lot of the time at the carriage house. It has a wonderful mix of guests, some faces we see every year and some new that are just passing through.

Owners and staff alike are ptown locals and know all about the town, very helpful for those new to it's charms. We've noticed a distinct change in the clientelle from 100% gay during our first few August visits to a pleasant mix of gay and straight making it more interesting for everyone I guess. The Carriage House is a very welcoming environment where anyone would feel at home.

The town seems to be headed upmarket as we noticed similar guesthouses are similarly priced. With the cost of eating out and entrance to clubs going up each year we hope that provincetown doesn't price itself out of the market.

Unique Quality: Angus the manager - always there to help!
    An amazing breakfast, interesting people to talk to. close to everything.
    The dining room and kitchen where breakfast is served were lovely.
    Close to golf, beaches, dunes etc

Directions: Center of town, westend..

• rinkdink's Profile Photo

Ptown's best B&B

Without a doubt the best place in ptown to stay, sure there are finer inns with spas and all the luxuries you could eat! but for relaxation in a comfortable and friendly environment you cannot beat the carriage house in provincetown. Did I mention the price? not too shabby...even in high season, the most we have ever paid in August was $275. Off season or early season are more like $125-$150. They are going to kill me for this, their rates are probably higher. Anyway you get the point, check it out, great rooms, fab breakfast, nice hosts. Angus is the funniest guy on the planet and bradley is the cutest golden retriever around.

Unique Quality: rooms with private entrances, great location, great breakfast, fresh quiche and waffles made to order. Hot tub, friendly.....

Directions: beginning of west end, just off commercial street, center of town.

• beaverbrook's Profile Photo

Best in Ptown

Wow! what a great B&B, to be honest it really isn't a B&B, yes it's small with just 12 or so rooms but the facilities and the property itself are more like a hotel, the only difference would be they do not have a restaurant or bar. They serve an excellent breakfast and have a beautiful decked area outside to eat. The rooms are pretty and larger than other places in town we noticed. Everything is thought of from the fresh lemonade on check-in to the delicious belgian chocolates we received as returning guests. We wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Unique Quality: Great beds, great coffee, beauitiful sunbathing area with outdoor hot tub and great location.

Directions: Center of town, beginning of the West End.

More about Carriage House Provincetown

my favorite place

by TripAdvisor Member mrs_dalloway

simply, THE place to stay in provincetown.
to choose one of the stylish rooms is always difficult but the new charming & cozy suite with a large private sun deck has become my favourite room.
after several enchanting & refreshing visits it rather feels like ‘staying with friends’ than at a hotel - thanks to ken, angus, david & bradley.

Great space

This hotel is located in the center of town. It has great space with an outdoor hot tub, and
a parking lot. The location is ideal for being able to walk around to all the great shops, restaurants, galleries, etc... We did not try the breakfast but it looked very good. The service, and cleanliness of the hotel was excellent. We enjoyed our stay, and look forward to returning there soon.

Perfect - I'd never stay anywhere else in P-town

My partner and I spent 5 days at the Carriage House in P-town this past Memorial Day weekend. It was our second stay there, and I would never stay anywhere else in P-town again - it's just that perfect.

The location is ideal: just off Commercial Street and a short walk to all the best restaurants, bars and other venues, plus of course tons of shopping, all within a stone's throw. There's also a great full-service gym with day-rates just two short blocks away. It's so close to Commercial Street, but just far enough off the strip that it's amazingly peaceful and quiet any time of day.

The inn itself is just stunning - from the moment you walk in the front door, you know you've found a very special place. Every detail is thought out, from the lovely decor to all the conveniences of home, including free internet access in the common area, wireless access if you bring a laptop (the fastest connection I've had in years, by the way!), complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and lemonade available any time of day, tons of free movie rentals to watch in your room, and lots of cozy little sitting nooks scattered around the property. The outdoor deck is just beautiful, both in the morning when it's sunny and bright, and in the evening when lit up by candles.

Both times we've stayed at the Carriage House we've loved our room - spacious, bright, super-comfy beds and linens... and we couldn't live without our private outdoor deck with lounge chairs. Everything is clean, bright, comfortable and beautifully decorated.

Finally, the breakfast - YUM!! I woke up each morning in anticipation of it. Delicious coffee, an overabundance of granola, fresh fruit, homemade quiches, muffins, bagels and much more - all made even more delicious by eating al fresco out on the sunny back deck.

Thank you, Ken, David & Angus for another perfect visit. We will be back soon!

A wonderful, relaxing inn

I recently stayed at the Carriage House Inn for last year's Holly Folly in December, and had such a good time that I decided to come back to stay for the Memorial Day 2006 weekend.

Ken and David have created a very inviting and relaxing environment. From the moment you arrive, you are made to feel as welcome as you would be at a close friend's home. The room that I stayed in was large and beautifully appointed, with a huge, comfortable four-poster bed - I slept well and felt refreshed each morning. The room was always very clean, and the bath towels and compilentary shower gels/shampoos were high quailty.

The breakfast that was served each day was plentiful and quite delicious - from quiches to breads/muffins, granola with yogurt, cereals, etc. You could relax at the dining or outside tables to catch up with the latest newspaper, or comfortably interact with other guests.

Thye have an extensive collection of videos which you can take to your room to watch - I caught up on a few movies that I had wanted to see. While I am not a slave to my PC when I am on vacation, it was especially nice to be able to log on to check my e-mail once or twice while I was there. Easy and free!

The location - outstanding! Right off of Commerical street with easy access to all of the shops, restaurants and bars in town.

The very best part of this inn are the extra touches that are provided - like fresh lemonade in the afternoon, complimentary soda (always stocked!) in the fridge, and thank you mints in the room. Classy, friendly, without being ostentatious.

I look forward to staying here again!

A Real Winner

we stayed at this guesthouse many times as well as others over the years. there are only a couple that we will stay in and this is one, the attention to detail, the friendliness and great breakfast make it a real winner. They have always made my girlfriend and I feel at home and welcome , the only drawback is they have just 12 rooms so it can be hard to get in if you don't book in advance.

A relaxing getaway

'We stayed at this hotel recently and it has become one of our favorites in the Provincetown area and for the price you just can't beat it. Having read previous reviews I knew what I was getting into. With the recent renovations and addition of a suite with roof terrace everything was in top shape and we were very satisfied overall. Only complaint is no parking with my room, it comes only with the deluxe rooms, but the town lot is not very far so it wasn't too much trouble. It's location is great for those who enjoy walking -- everything is within walking distance. Rooms were clean and comfortable and service was excellent.

Wonderfully Relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member lunaduna27

The Carriage House (CH) was a welcome addition to our holiday week; from the moment we arrived until the time of departure we were totally relaxed. Because of the atmosphere, owners and staff (we loved Bradley) it is a place we will visit again- and we won't even wait until next year to do it!

Most importantly the CH was immaculate
-The owners/staff were wonderful (just the right balance of interaction)
-Excellent free breakfast served at convenient hours (until 11 YES!)
-Many places to sit and relax-from private to places for interaction
-Large free eclectic video library
-Entire property well decorated
-The most delicious fresh homemade lemonade we have ever tasted was served free every afternoon {sodas, juices, coffee and teas all day free to drink}

We'll be back.