82 Bradford Street, Provincetown, Massachusetts, 02657, United States

Hotels.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Costs 68% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Just Outstanding

I have stayed in many places in Provincetown and on the Cape in general and I must say that Crowne Pointe is by far the best choice for accommodations. The Inn, Spa and Restaurant are all top notch. Its all welcome and a fantastic choice! Enjoy

Unique Quality: The restaurant is over the top... try the Kona Porterhouse Steak!

Directions: In the center of town

• leffe3's Profile Photo

Old fashioned comforts

Crowne Pointe is a converted sea captain’s mansion built at the turn of the 19th century and is perched on a small rise about half a block behind the main P'town drag (excuse the pun :)).

It is a luxurious delight, if a little bit fussy and 'fru fru' for my personal tastes (lots of net curtain and floral motifs). But extraordinarily welcoming - coffee/tea and a magnificent array of home-made cakes/buns etc welcome you on arrival.

Unique Quality: Staying here out of season means that I cannot give a full picture of the place. The outdoor spa whilst still in use was always empty, there was the (pleasant) air of end-of-season, the clocks ticking slower etc..

But the rooms were extremely comfortable (upstairs front as opposed to any of the garden suites), although there are several options from standard through to luxurious. But all rooms are individually decorated, lots of heavy Egyptian cotton, candlewick and brass. Each room has its own entrance - so no trekking through the main house fearing waking the landlord! And breakfasts were sumptuous.

Directions: 5 minutes walk from the ferry

More about Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa

The Best Place to Stay in P-town PERIOD!

Have you been to P-town? Perhaps you stayed at The Brass Key, The Beaconlight, or another upscale establishment. If you stay at Crowne Point, I bet you never return another place again. Crowne Point is so much better than the other choices. Daily, you are served a different hot breakfast each day of the week. Of course, there is also fruit, cereal, and home baked muffins or breads. In the afterrnoon, there are complimentary cookes and other baked goods. Iced tea and coffee are available all through the day. At 5 p.m., there is wine and cheese which is included in your room rate. Other pluses are a small heated swimming pool and there are also two outside hot tubs. Insdie there is a complete spa. Hotel guests can use the sauna, steam bath and indoor hot tub at their own leisure. For a charge, there are wonderful massages, manicures, pedicures, and facials. This fall, the establishment will beging serving dinners to the public. Rooms are large and well appointed. There are two room cleanings daily and there is turndown each evening. Many rooms/suites have a fireplace, jaccuzis, two TVs, microwave, stove, refrigerator,, coffee maker, outdoor terraces, and other amenities. I especially recommend Crowne Pointe and bet that you will be very happy in this "crown of P-towm."

Baffled by over the top reviews

by TripAdvisor Member mentaltraveller

Lured by the luxury website and glowing reviews, we splurged on the Pamper Me Twice package Summer 2004. But were very disappointed on arrival with the cramped, dark and noisy room, very small bathroom and even smaller "porch". The porch was supposed to be a "feature"--it was so small that the back of air conditioner from the room sticking out into the porch was virtually in your lap if you tried to sit at the tiny table for two. You had to be careful not to fall backwards down the step from the tiny table, it was perched so precariously in the space.
The room's lamp and desk and porch light were broken on arrival. An ugly shag carpet, and a chair with shot springs. The wine and cheese was extremely basic and not much of it: no choice of wine (1 white/1 red, there you go) and the same two cheddars for a week. However, the breakfast was fabulous.
Half the staff were civil, half were aloof and unfriendly. Tipping is required, as the brochure pointedly says, but whether we tipped for the free ride from the ferry, tipped for the breakfast, tipped for the carrying of our bags 10 meters, tipped the maids twice a day, it didn't seem to improve things.
The spa was nothing exceptional. But the hot tubs/whirlpools were kept very clean. At the very small pool area, other guests blocked out most of the available deck chairs with towels and then didn't use them most of the day, this left little space and the owner shrugged and told his own story of his own holiday problems.
When booking, don't believe the warm, friendly promise that "I'll put aside my favourite room for you, it has a special view of the lovely courtyard and a few extras, I can't see any reason you wouldn't get it" because the person you spoke to will stare blankly at you on arrival and you won't get the longed for room believe me. Final analysis, I agree with the previous reviewers here who referred to "pissy attitude" and "read the small print". Generally a "couldn't care less because we're fully booked for years" attitude.

Beautiful inn, but service should be better

We found the Crowne Pointe to be lovely, conveniently located, and well-maintained. Others have noted the tasteful furnishings and amenities, and I wish we had been visiting during warmer weather so we could have enjoyed the courtyard, pool, and balconies.

There were a few disappointments, however: 1) The bedroom in our junior suite was quite small, so much so that we couldn't fully open the closet door. We expected more for that kind of $$$. The bathroom, on the other hand, was huge. Be aware that you can see directly through the fireplace into the bathroom in this type of room. 2) The wine & cheese service ended an hour earlier than the in-room materials stated. I arrived in the parlor about 20 minutes after they cleared the wine - 40 minutes before it should have ended. Even after we politely pointed out their error (to which the response was "oh, someone must have misquoted the hours"!), they declined to serve me a glass of wine - which was sitting directly on the other side of the counter. 3) One evening my husband and I were asked to clear the board game we were playing and leave the common area at 9:45. Stated closing time for common area was 10:00 - but we were told "we need to clean up in here." 4) Our exhaust fan rattled when the hostess showed us our room - she quickly switched it off and said something about getting maintenance to look at it the next day. No one showed up during our stay. 5) During the day, the door from the upstairs hall was supposed to be unlocked so we could get down to the common areas. Instead, it was locked, which meant we had to go outside, walk down a flight of steps in the November morning air, and enter through the inn's main entrance to reach the common area for breakfast.

No one we encountered was outright rude - no one was gracious and accommodating, either. The place itself is lovely, but the service was not of the caliber I would expect at an upscale inn. I don't demand royal treatment, but the Crowne Pointe should be aware that a little personal touch and attention to guests' needs would go a long way. The overall experience left us feeling a bit cold.

Loved the Crowne Pointe Historic Inn

In November 2004, my wife and I visited the Crowne Pointe Historic Inn in Provincetown, Massachusetts for the first time.

The Inn clearly exceeded any expectations that we had. The entire staff was extremely customer-focused and represented the epitome of customer service and satisfaction excellence.

Our room was beautiful and the amenities were indeed superb. In addition, the common areas were warm and welcoming. The food was delicious and included a great hot breakfast as well as all-day home baked treats and evening wine and cheese. And, to top all of this, the spa was truly a most serene experience with its treatments, mineral soaking tub, steam room and sauna.

We look forward with great anticipation to our return visit in the near future.

Beware! Very bad service!

The service is terrible from the staff at this hotel. Booked a reservation and confirmed my airfare. After confirming my airfare when it was time to pay the deposit, I was advised they have a 5 night minimum. Was never advised this earlier. Now that I can not change my airfare they are not going to accommodate me. Horrible service from a hotel that charges ridiculous amounts of money for a room.

Shame on you Crowne Pointe. What a terrible way to treat your customers.

A restful place

I spent three weeks at the Crownpointe Inn in Provincetown and liked it very much. Everyone was most helpful and kind; the food was delicious and the rooms most comfortable. Right in the center of Provincetown, it is an easy walk or drive to great restaurants, bars, shops and the beach. Great bookstores, too - the Provincetown Bookstore and one called "Now Voyager"! At the Inn one can sit in front of the fire in the great room or work in one's room or explore the wonderful Cape and come home to warmth and a supportive atmosphere. I understand some people even come to the Inn to write books. There is also the Shui Spa, Meditation and Massage and rest and relaxation in a special building devoted to mental and emotional relaxation. Thumbs up for this one.

A perfect engagement weekend

by TripAdvisor Member 2Bunnies

We stayed at the Crowne Pointe when we got engaged and the weekend was fabulous. The spa and bistro are both terrific and the room was cozy and had all the amenities we could dream of (e.g., warm fireplace, jacuzzi tub). Staff were very friendly and helpful! Complimentary morning breakfasts were a treat as well (try the almond and cheese pastries if they have them!). Would highly recommend!

Crowne Pointe is fabulous!!!

by TripAdvisor Member smather72

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Crowne Pointe Inn, located in Provincetown, MA. The entire staff there is amazing!!! The rooms were very elegant, done in a Victorian theme. They serve a tasty breakfast every morning with something that everyone would enjoy. We were actually stranded there due to a blizzard, and had to stay an extra, unplanned night. David Sanborn, one of the owners, was very accomodating, and saw to it that all of our needs were met. He even shoveled out our car the morning of our departure! We definately plan on going back sometime, but maybe in the summer!

Thank you, Crowne Pointe staff, for such a wonderful winter wonderland experience!!

Shelley Mather