Tucker Inn

12 Center Street, Provincetown, Massachusetts, 02657, United States

More about Tucker Inn

A Joy to Stay At!

by TripAdvisor Member fleabagger

I can not say enough great things about the Tucker Inn. Contrary to another review, the hosts (one of which is the 4-legged kind) are warm, gracious, attentive and genuinely fond of their guests. The rooms are immaculate and are refreshed quickly and thoroughly. The furnishings are elegant and comfortable. Again, contrary to another review, the breakfast is simply delicious and prompt. On the two occassions I have been to the Inn, I have had a wonderous quesadilla and an utterly delightful linguica sausage omelet. The carrot cake muffins were to die for and my boyfriend loves the coffee. The rooms are quiet and, contrary to many P-Town establishments, there is PARKING! The Tucker Inn really is a wonderful place to stay! My boyfriend and I are planning on having our wedding reception there (with our female guests of course!). Oh, the 4-leggest host is the sweetest dog who is a delight to be around!).

Wonderful and charming

by TripAdvisor Member Travlersteve

We had a wonderful stay at the Tucker Inn. It is charming, romanic and the staff went out of their way to accomodate us in every way. The breakfasts were delicious and served in a beautiful inviting outdoor garden area which is peaceful and serene. The common areas and the room were nicely decorated, clean and comfortable and the location of the Inn was really convenient and centrally located. I would highly recommend the Tucker Inn and would stay there again and again.

Warmth, Charm and a DOG GONE good time!

by TripAdvisor Member stagehand

I can't say enough to recommend this lovely B & B. While no place can be all things to all people I can see nothing that would'nt appeal to anyone with discerning tastes and, moreover, a love of dogs. Finding accomodations while traveling with a pet is often times difficult at best. To find a place of such quality run by such a wonderful group of people is more than one could ever expect.
Aside from the charming house and comfortable rooms, the location is perfect. Half a block to Commercial Street and you're in the heart of town. There is no end of places to shop, restaurants to try and bars and clubs that are as varied as the people who frequent them. The beach is just a bike ride away. In any direction!
Let me say again how much we enjoyed our all too brief stay there.
My partner and I took our two dogs with us and we all had fun and enjoyed the company we found at The Tucker Inn. Thank you Howard, et al.

A "Do-Over"!

by TripAdvisor Member bullet35

My partner and I have finally found the perfect spot in Ptown for us... The Tucker Inn! From the moment we arrived we felt welcomed. Our room was charming and comfortable. Our gracious host, Howard, and his entire staff were attentive and helpful throughout our stay. The lovely meditation garden provided us with a relaxing, soothing atmosphere in which to spend some much needed downtime in the afternoons. Although just a short walk to the hum of Commercial Street, The Tucker's peacful ambience makes you feel tucked away in a private oasis all your own. Each breakfast offering was a delicous blend of healthy decadence which I found myself looking forward to every morning. We are already looking at the calendar for our 2008 visit back to The Tucker Inn.

Very nice & very friendly

by TripAdvisor Member scottinroch

Great place, great location, great atmosphere. Can't say enough nice things about the Tucker Inn.

Situated in a beautifully restored house this place is truly a gem. Just steps from Commercial St (with the wonderful library on the corner of the street), you are very close to anything you would want to see or do in the center of town, but far enough removed from the hustle & bustle so you can easily relax. There is a very comfortable seating area outside that is well protected should it rain (this is where the delicious & extravagant breakfasts are served) and just off of this is a relaxing garden with fountains, a pond (with fish) & comfortable chairs.

The rooms are clean & tastefully decorated. Ours included a small cube refrigerator, flat-screen TV, CD player & alarm clock. Room 1 is slightly cramped, but has a nice sized shower/bathroom compared to other rooms. Other rooms looked slightly bigger, but not by a lot.

The only caveat I would add is that you should be used to dogs being around if you stay here. Colby, the beautiful & very friendly live-in dog is definitely a presence in the house. He is very well-behaved & sweet. Howard, the owner of the inn, is a genuine people person & a wonderful host.

Loved my weekend at Tucker Inn.

by TripAdvisor Member NYTraveler007

A beautiful house, the accommodations were very nice, the outside space was beautiful, and the location is great. Breakfast was delicious (there was something for everyone) and the coffee was flowing freely! But the clincher for me was the atmosphere, relaxed and comfortable. Howard, Colby, and Chloe and the rest of the staff really know how to make you feel relaxed and at home.

Wonderful place to stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member theoze

Wonderful accomodations, great value, friendly staff, Excellent breakfast in a serene atmosphere. Inn Keeper Howard was first class friendly and professional! Location is excellent--walk to everything in P-town, plus parking available at the Inn. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Enthusiastic 5.0 Paws Up!

by TripAdvisor Member Chantal1NewEngland

Imagine this: An enchanted garden adorned with souvenirs from our Innkeeper Howard's adventures to the Far East & beyond; beautifully furnished & spotlessly clean accommodations; breakfast fit for royalty; perfectly wonderful people who support Howard daily; lively conversation with happy people devoted to their serene pets. A peaceable kingdom at the Tucker Inn is yours. This is truly paradise.

Tucker Inn: Very Nice Indeed

by TripAdvisor Member TaddyMarblehead_MA

The Tucker Inn has a stand alone cottage adjacent to the main house, off a private courtyard. The cottage is better than most in that it is well appointed (excellent bed, quality linens, nice kitchen accessories) and it has a full size gas fireplace. The bathroom design is quite well done too.

The location is tranquil and private in a vacation town which can be frenetic at times. Parking is private and accessible. In addition, the town library is right down the street.

The innkeeper is attentive and considerate, and efficient with booking. I plan on returning next year and recommend the Tucker Inn as certainly being above average.

Sunrise from MacMillan WharfSunrise from MacMillan Wharf