2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

More about Quincy

Pho Yuen DongPho Yuen Dong

Pho at Pho Yuen DongPho at Pho Yuen Dong

And here's that cat....And here's that cat....

Loved the bathroom!Loved the bathroom!

Travel Tips for Quincy

I'm from Quinzee!

by donpaul77

"Where do I start"

Quincy has become a very interesting city. It's known as the Birthplace of John Adams and John Quincy Adams, but most Quincy-ites couldn't care less about that. I know most people won't look at Quincy as a tourist destination, but I think it deserves some attention from me, since I was born and grew up here!

It's a quirky place, so expect some quirky pages.

Quincy is all about Wollaston Beach, the Quincy Quarries, Norfolk Downs and Quincy Center. It's North Quincy, West Quincy, Quincy Point, Hough's Neck, G-Town, Squantum, Merrymount and Montclair. It's really important exactly what part of Quincy you are from ;)

When I was a kid, the Quincy population was mostly Roman Catholic Irish Americans, but now there is a booming ethnic population that has renewed some depressed shopping areas with new business and great restaurants. Now Quincy can be proud of its Sushi, Vietnamese and Indian cuisine

It's no utopia, but I still find myself going over the bridge to take advantage of what Quincy has to offer.

Birthplace of Presidents Galore

by shohman

"Quincy"

ok, so it was the birthplace of two Presidents: John Adams and his Son, John Quincy Adams. Originally part of the Town of Braintree, Quincy was annexed into it's own City. Located just outside Boston to the South, the City has invested millions into changing from a beaten down City full of empty shops to a cool little suburb.
When I was growing up in Weymouth (the next town over) I spent much time in Quincy Center at Napoli Pizza and Quincy Records and Tapes (still one of the coolest music shops anywhere)
My Sister and Brother still live in Quincy so I will build more tips with my next visit. (12/29 - 1/1)

"very old graveyards"

from before the country was even a country

"Quincy Center"

When I was growing up Quincy Center was the place to be. I would take the bus there almost every weekend. It's a bit run down now.

Comments