183 Main St., Rockport, Massachusetts, 01966, United States
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about Rockport Inn and Suites

Clean, updated and pet friendly

by TripAdvisor Member vicnlibby

We booked a room here rather last minute for Saturday of Labor Day weekend. If we could have, we would have stayed another night. The room was nice and spacious, clean and modern decor. The hotel is pet friendly, which is a huge plus for us on this trip. The front desk was friendly, and honored their newspaper ad for $99 a night even after we reserved at a higher rate. They accommodated our request to be put in a room near an exit door and on the end, just in case our dog barked, we didn't want to disturb anyone. They gave us 501 which was perfect with it's own separate entry and right in the middle of the complex, very convenient to the parking lot, grassy areas and the main lobby.

The breakfast was decent, with option to have waffles made for you. the only thing we noticed was that the room was rather small given the size of the property and there could have been more counter space, allowing more space for everyone to get their food. but all in all for a free breakfast it was nice and the personnel was very friendly and helpful.

Probably the only things I would say that fell short would be the walls seemed a little thin, we could hear the loud TV from the room below us and next to us, but it was fine when ours was on or the AC was on. the bathroom was a little small and it would have been extra nice to have a sink/vanity available outside of the bathroom so you can get ready while someone else was in the shower. Lastly, there is a great flat screen TV, but the cable was limited in channels without any HD, seems like a little waste.

With those minor things said, this is a nice place, affordable and a good value. we will certainly will consider staying here again.

great clean pet friendly hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lemow

The inn is clean, looks new, wonderful check in area with dining room, has a huge doggie area and they provide the poop bags, has several buildings that are all one floor. A nice indoor pool and pool area outside. The room was clean and the bed was great! The bathroom was clean and updated. The whole experience was a good one! I'd go there again and bring my dog.

A fine choice in Rockport

by TripAdvisor Member pugaroo

We really enjoyed our stay at the Rockport Inn and Suites. The room was large and clean and all the staff we met were very friendly. The free breakfast was fine. There was plenty of parking. The wireless internet ran great, and it was free. The swimming pool was large, heated and very inviting. There were tennis courts in the back of the lot. It was on a busy main road, and the walk to town was about a mile downhill. (Remember it's uphill on the way back). We visited in September considered the off season with fewer cars so we just drove downtown. One day we parked over on Beach St. and enjoyed a quiet and more enjoyable walk to town. This is more like a good motel rather than an Inn, so keep this in mind. We stayed four nights and would likely stay here again.

Great place at a good price

by TripAdvisor Member PatPod

We stayed there for just one evening, but it was a great place to stay. The bed is quite comfortable. The rooms are large and quite clean. The pool look quite inviting and made me wish I had packed my swimsuit with me. We enjoyed the breakfast very much. There was a great variety of choices including waffles made by the 'hostess'. All in all, I would not hesitate to stay there again!

Disappointing, to say the least...

by TripAdvisor Member mvg12691

I located Rockport Inn and Suites online; after having looked at several other hotels and inns in the area and doing some comparative rate shopping, we decided to go with RIS because it was fairly inexpensive and the rooms, based on the photographs posted on their website, looked very clean and comfortable. The furnishings appeared contemporary, and, indeed, the room itself was quite charming. The beds were very comfortable and there was even a flat screen tv, which is something most "budget" hotels and inns lack. Additionally, there was a fully stocked coffee nook and a roomy closet as well as a microwave (spotless!) and fridge. On first glance, the room seemed way above average for the price we were paying for the two night stay.
My husband and I were in town for a wedding, and after a 5 hour drive, were both thrilled that the room was so well-appointed and clean. After attending the rehearsal dinner, we returned to our room and slept well, ready to face the events of the next day. When we headed back to the room on Saturday afternoon it still had not been made up, we brushed it off as a minor inconvenience and set about getting prepared for the festivities in town, confident that the room would be cleaned after we returned.

When we got back to the room almost 6 hours later, however, the room had not been made up at all. I'm not a confrontational person, but I felt that this was just unacceptable and immediately called the front desk to alert them to the problem. While the clerk was friendly, responsive and extremely apologetic, he simply offered us fresh towels and that was basically it. The next day, I had soured on the thought of ever staying at this hotel again, which is really a shame since the town itself is so scenic and bucolic, and the hotel is only about 1 mile from the center of all activity-shopping, dining, etc. I really wanted this experience to be far better than it actually turned out to be. Unfortunately, I have to give this hotel a big thumbs down. One would think that in these trying economic times, it would be a top priority for hotels in small towns like Rockport to bend over backwards to make their guests feel at home. This was one of the most disappointing stays I've had in a hotel in a very long time. :( I don't think it's asking too much to at least have a clean room to come back to after being out all day, and I certainly don't think it fair to have to pay the entire rate for a two night stay in a dirty hotel room. The least they could have offered us was a refund on the second night-that would have probably been a lot classier than handing us a stack of towels and a half-a**** apology.

You get more than what you pay for!

by TripAdvisor Member PruneDog

We too were in town two nights for a wedding in early October and because we left the premises early Saturday afternoon, much after housekeeping begins servicing the rooms, our rooms were not made up during our absence either. It really wasn't a big deal as there were plenty of fresh towels upon our arrival on Friday to last us two nights anyway. Plus, the $5 tip ended up back in my wallet. The rooms are not huge, but offer more than enough space to spread out, especially the ones with a full length couch. As stated, the beds are wonderful with plenty of pillows. The bathroom is on the smaller size, but only contains the toilet and tub/shower. The counter and sink area outside the bathroom is plenty big enough to get yourself ready. Most of the rooms here appear to have outside access only, which may or may not be an issue for some people. The advantage is that some of these rooms allow you to virtually park right outside your door. The rooms are surprisingly quiet. As with most others, we knew when the shower was running next door. Our TV volume only went up to 40, which I'm sure was done on purpose to keep the noise from flitering into the next rooms. RIS was full on Saturday evening, but there were still plenty of parking spaces. The continental breakfast (cereals, muffins, toast, enflish muffins, fruit, bagels, juices, coffee, tea, hard-boiled eggs, etc) was great, as was the smiling lady who walked around the dining room asking if you wanted her home-made waffles. The fitness center contains 3 pieces of equipment, including 2 treadmills. Use your AAA card and knock off $10 or so a night. Great value for the price!

Go for the Suite - It's Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member kimbobb

I visited Rockport with an old friend that I have known all my life. We decided to splurge and take a 2-story suite. We were very, VERY pleased with our choice.

Upstairs, there was a king-sized bed with all the pillows that you see in the photo. A skylight allowed us to check the weather before we even got out of bed! We could see the moon and some stars over the course of the night. Seagulls, too! There were flat-screen TVs upstairs AND down, so we could have each watched something different, if we wanted. There was a couch and table upstairs, too, and a closet and a dresser both upstairs and down. Very comfortable for 2 of us, and we could easily have had 4 or more people in the space we were alloted.

Downstairs, we also had a large storage dresser under the TV, and a comfy chair and fold-out couch. There was lots and lots of room for luggage, bikes, and all the shopping bags we accumulated while we were here! A nice cabinet above the microwave and fridge, where we stored food and dishes, etc. Another huge closet with full-length mirrors on the doors. And yes, a sink and mirror OUTSIDE of the bathroom, so two people could primp and wash up at the same time!

The bathroom itself was small, and the fan only came on with the light, so it was a bit loud, but it was immaculate. My friend has OCD, and even SHE could find nothing to fault in there or anywhere else in our marvelous room. My only quibble was that the fan for HVAC was way up in the air and blew directly down on the downstairs couch. Not a deal-breaker, by any means, but I always try to mention the one or two problem areas that every hotel room seems to have.

The staff was fantastic. The desk people recommended good off-season restaurants in both Gloucester and Rockport. We intended to go to Maine, but stayed right here instead. It reminded us of the Cape or even Maine when we were much younger. Not the least bit commercial - very quaint and friendly. Dot, the waffle lady, is a real joy, as others have stated!

If you don't need to spend the money to stay right on the ocean, this is for you. Convenient to the grocery and liquor stores, the train to Boston, and the highway to drive to Gloucester or Salem. There's a greenhouse right across the street, so you have something to do while waiting for the slower person to get ready each morning! Please visit and keep this place going. I want to stay there next time!

Good For A Short Stay

by TripAdvisor Member carnival54

This Inn is really a better style Motel and is OK for a short stay. Our King room was clean and it was nice to actually have a two seater couch to sit on to watch the new 32” Philips Widescreen LCD TV. Our room had a micro-fridge, microwave oven, coffee maker and clothes cupboard with iron and ironing board. It had good lighting and the heater was efficient. My only criticism is that the owners should upgrade the shower/bath as it is a bit dated, but it worked OK.

Breakfast was good with the better than average selection of bagels, muffins and cereals. Traffic noise was minimal during the night, but could be annoying for some in the late afternoon/early morning. If so, request a room towards the rear.

What a wonderful Surprise...................

by TripAdvisor Member moonbeam5454

Went to the Rockport area to go whale watching, was in the gift shop at Capt. Bill's whale watching and was asking for a hotel close and a customer said that they were staying at Rockport Inn. I called and as luck would have it there was availiblity.
The staff, rooms and whole whole experience was a pleasent surprise.
i will be a repeat customer.

Trip to Rockport

by TripAdvisor Member Summeryanks

Stayed at the Inn for our first trip to Cape Ann. Hotel was in excellent shape and the service was outstanding. Basic breakfast in the AM for hotel guests with added bonus of fresh made waffles by Dottie the waffle lady. This place is in a great spot for easy back and forth to Rockport and Gloucester. Easy access to all points in Cape Ann. Went into the hot tub and pool area--just fantastic and relaxing. Very clean. Rooms extremely comfortable with comfortable beds and great pillows. Nice touch you can open windows on cool nights for fresh air. Grounds impeccably clean and housekeeping does a great job.

The fireplace has wood floors and a fireplaceThe fireplace has wood floors and a fireplace

COLORFUL KAYAKS IN THE HARBORCOLORFUL KAYAKS IN THE HARBOR

Aussie's new halloween collarAussie's new halloween collar

View From the End of Bear Skin NeckView From the End of Bear Skin Neck