Inn on Washington Square

53 Washington Square North, Salem, Massachusetts, 01970-4020, United States

More about Inn on Washington Square

Quaint, lovely, & warm

by TripAdvisor Member MrMrsMnj

My husband and I stayed for a weekend and we were floored when we walked in the door! Bobby keeps such a lovely inn, victorian decor, and a sweet dog! The common room was warm and cozy, and the bathroom was so big! That was indeed a plus! Our walk downtown was short, and all the museums are walking distance. It was nice to walk around the Salem Common across the street in the mornings, we met some nice couples out walking their dogs, Salem is such a friendly town! We missed the craziness of October, so we were told, and had a nice, quiet weekend full of sleeping in, dining out, and wonderful memories. Thanks Bobby for everything! You are an amazing host!

We will be back!!

by TripAdvisor Member natidean1

My husband and I traveled from Newport to get away for a weekend. This was the first bed and breakfast that we have ever stayed at. The hospitality that the owner provided was second to none. The room and house was clean and welcoming. For the price we paid to stay at this historical building WE WILL BE BACK!!

We will DEFIANTLY be back!!:)

by TripAdvisor Member ErinPadgitt

I am a travel agent in Marietta, Ohio and have always wanted to stay in Salem for Halloween. Last year (2007) around Halloween time we decided to get online and do some research on places to stay. When we came across the Inn on Washington Square we were sold! When I called, the innkeepers were so helpful not only about their B&B but also activities that we should plan on, sightseeing suggestions, etc. As the year progressed some things came up and had to make a few changes to the dates we would be coming in on, etc and they were more than willing to accommodate us. This was far one of the BEST B&Bs we have stayed in. The pictures online do not do the Inn justice. It is well maintained, innkeepers more than friendly, location superb, and the decorations for Halloween...AMAZING! It really gave us the "Halloween" feeling we were hoping for. I will not only suggest the Inn on Washington Square to my clients but I will also without a doubt be back myself. I recommend booking this fairly newly owned property early because once people stay here they will not stay anywhere else!!!:)

I had the most wonderful weekend ever

by TripAdvisor Member Debi94ther

I live in Gig Harbor in Washington State. I called up The Inn at Washington Square and booked my room. The Inn at Washington Square was my Great Grandfather and Great Grandmothers house. I am very involved in my lineage and was looking forward to spending time in the house. When I walked in I instantly felt so warm and wonderful. The home is filled with antiques and pictures that provided the feeling of the 1900’s.
I was greeted by the owners and given the million dollar tour. Bobby and Paul are number 1 hosts. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. The sitting room is at the top of the stairs in the front of the house and a wonderful place to read a book or just watch the Salem Common. I look forward to my next trip back east and staying at The Inn at Washington Square.

Scared us to death!

by TripAdvisor Member Luv2bewitchU

We came out to Salem on a business trip and was so happy to have chosen the Inn. The 2 owners were the nicest and most hospitable people, making us feel at home. I don't think we'll ever stay in a regular hotel ever again. It's the first time we decided to stay at a bed and breakfast. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and my husband nearly jumped out of bed the first night we arrived. We were almost asleep when we both saw shadows go across the room and we felt ice cold. I swear we both saw the wedding dress in there move. They told us the place was haunted but I didn't believe it at all. The bed was comfy, immaculate, beautiful antiques wow. I am going to tell everyone to go up there. But if they are chicken, I'm going to warn them it is loaded with ghosts!!!
110% great time!

Marie Fuller

the inn on washington sq is #1 in my book

by TripAdvisor Member goode26

we stayed in the commom room loved it the bath was so big i didnt know what to do with myself,, loved that,, the room was very clean,, the view of salem common loved that too..bobby and paul will do anything for you,, we enjoyed talking to them..the first night we were their bobby and paul had a ghost investingation going on wow,,it was like watching taps from ghost hunters.. al we needed was some popcorn.... you feel so at home hear, we hav been to other b&bs hear in salem and we will not go any were else now,,, so if you are looking for a place to stay and some ghost i would come and stay at the inn on washington sq,,bobby and paul let us go through with the investigation team,, the ghost that we hear on evps will make you a beleaver....

thanks to paul and bobby inn on washington square

by TripAdvisor Member sweety3525

i called the inn on washington sq to book the honeymoon room,, what a shock to see the room that we had out of this world,, the room was so big and the hot tub was awesome,,,,when we talke to bobby and paul thay were so helpful to let us know where to go in salem,,and the house is somthing to seee...3generation of antiques of bobbys family.. and the most i fell in love with marley their dog.. please take my word this is a place to stay,, let me tell you somthing i will never forget bobby has papers that are framed from the 1912 titanic sinking that was his great aunts,,ps,,,the muffins are to die for,,,,, thanks bobby and paul for a wonderful stay and we will be back,,,,,,

Beautiful place...Gracious hosts!

by TripAdvisor Member SpiritGirl_7

I was at the Inn for an event. The owners are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet...Gracious and accomodating! Beautifully restored building and lovely rooms. The Inn overlooks the common and is a short walk to everything you want to see in Salem. Highly recommend it!

More then we could have ever asked for...

by TripAdvisor Member Novelisteye

My wife and I stayed here over a long weekend trip to Salem just to get away and have a weekend to ourselves. We could not have chosen a better place to stay. The Inn is right off the Salem Commons (Washington Square), and has a great view of it the entire park. It is decorated with antiques and heirlooms that go back over 3 generations in the owner's family, giving you the feeling that it all belongs there... not just a bunch of old things that have been gathered together for aesthetics. The owners, Bobby and Paul, could not have been more friendly and helpful. They pointed us to a couple of local eateries that weren't in the tour books, and it was sooo worth it! The Inn is close to everything we wanted to see and do, so we were able to leave our car parked right there the whole time... with all the local attractions, restaurants, and shops just minutes away on foot.

The service at the inn was perfect. The owners gave us all the privacy we could have asked for, but each time we needed something, or just wanted to chat, they were right there for us. Each morning a basket of baked goods and juices were right outside our door. (the banana bread was awesome!) When we ran into traffic the evening of our arrival, Bobby even called me on my cell to make sure everything was okay and we weren't lost. When it came time to leave, neither of us wanted to go... it was almost like we were leaving friends we had known for years.

And I can't forget their dog Marley! She is a perfectly well-behaved and lovable "Golden-Doodle". We have two dogs of our own that we had to leave behind for the weekend, and having her there made not having them around much more tolerable... but aside from giving her scratches and petting her when in the company of her owners, we never even knew she was there.

Our room was also incredible. We stayed in the honeymoon suite. It had a huge double jacuzzi tub, king size canopy bed, large glass walled shower, microwave, coffee maker, mini fridge, and filled with more heirlooms and antique furniture. It was done up very tastefully and beautifully.

So if you are looking for a great, cozy place to stay, close to everything, with owners that go out of their way to make you feel comfortable, then The Inn on Washington Square is a must when you visit Salem. We will definitely be back!

Beautiful, convenient and friendly~

by TripAdvisor Member suziqrdh

My husband surprised me with a trip to Salem and chose the most beautiful Inn in the area. We stayed for 3 nights at The Inn on Washington Square, and it made us feel like we never left home. Surrounded by gorgeous family heirlooms and beautiful furniture, a king size canopied bed, a large jacuzzi in the Honeymoon Suite where we stayed.... It was all just beautiful! Bob and Paul were very informative and gave us many suggestions of local sites to see, and they couldn't have been more gracious. Unobtrusive, yet available and courteous, they made our stay even more enjoyable and lovely if that is possible! And sweet Marley, their dog, made us smile and laugh and was extremely well behaved. You would never have even known she was there, otherwise! The view of Salem Common was peaceful when having a cup of coffee in the early morning looking out the 2nd floor windows and planning your days journey into the rich history that is Salem My only regret is that we couldn't have stayed longer, but I know that this Inn now has a place in our hearts and we will be definitely be returning in the future to stay many times over.

Comments