Annabelle Bed & Breakfast

4 Grove Street, Sandwich, Massachusetts, 02563, United States

More about Annabelle Bed & Breakfast

A Little Bit of Heaven in Sandwich

by TripAdvisor Member CIndyLouWhoBoston

My husband and I visited the Cape last weekend to attend the funeral of my 99 year-old great aunt. I found Annabelle's Bed and Breakfast online and called to see if they had a room available. It must have been my lucky day as we were able to book a room for the following night. Paula, the Innkeeper, was there to greet us with a warm smile at the door as we arrived the next day. The house is gorgeous! She is a talented horticulturist and decorator. The living room and dining room are perfectly designed to ensure comfort and relaxation in a very pampered and upscale setting. Nice combination. I developed serious kitchen envy and almost missed meeting Paula's husband, Brian (sorry!), as I made mental notes of exactly what I hope will be my dream kitchen one day. After a quick tour of the place, she escorted us to our room, Endless Summer. We loved it! Our room had an incredibly comfortable four-postered queen size bed topped with a feather bed. The sheets were of exceptional quality, high thread-count cotton damask and felt like silk. The bedroom and bathroom were both outfitted with beautiful antiques. The jacuzzi tub was a welcome relief after a long day. Before heading out to dinner, we joined Paula, my 78 year-old aunt, and a friendly young couple for a glass of wine by the fireplace in the living room. The conversation was lively and fun --- so much so, that we wanted to stay for several more hours but had to leave for our dinner reservation. The next morning, after a very peaceful rest, we enjoyed a spectacular crab, cream cheese and egg souffle created and handmade by Paula, herself. It was accompanied by delicious rosemary potatoes, asparagus, and fruit. The outstanding breakfast was matched by a perfectly set table that was featured in Cape Cod magazine over the holidays. Throughout the house, the attention to detail is magnificent. It was such a pleasure to meet Paula and Brian -- they made us feel right at home and yet, very special. We look forward with great anticipation to staying at Annabelle's again later this year, perhaps when its many gardens are in bloom!

Absolutely Wonderful B&B!!

by TripAdvisor Member travelerBoston07

When emailing the inn they were very prompt in answering all of my questions. We went for my husband's birthday and the owners did a great job making it special. We were greeted with a warm welcome and shown around the property. After being shown to our room, we were served a romantic fireside wine service in the parlor. They were very helpful in making recommendations about where to eat and even had the menus available for us to preview. I said I wanted somewhere "different, but not too expensive and close by" and all the suggestions Paula gave me were exactly that. She even provide a map and directions to the restraunt. It was snowing and when we returned from dinner the driveway up to the inn had been freshly cleared. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The fireplace and jacuzzi tube were an added bonus. We had breakfast in bed and it was a delight. Both my husband and I agree that is was the best breakfast we have had. We wanted a relaxing night and Annabelle provided just that. The inn keepers and staff were attentive to every need, yet we hardly knew they were there. We will be back for sure. Definitely recommend! It was the best B&B we've been to.

A Special Anniversary at Annabelles B&B

by TripAdvisor Member CrystalBoston

This was our first experience at a Bed & Breakfast, and it was the best weekend we've ever had! I can't wait to go back again this summer and would recommend Annabelles to anyone who wants peace, quiet, and privacy in such a friendly atmosphere.

Delightful B & B

by TripAdvisor Member recruiter01845

Great location, walk into town. New home with old world charm. Wonderfully warm & friendly ambience. Delicious breakfast with beautiful presentation. Lovely, cheerful rooms with all the amenities. Charming hosts that cater to your every whim. What more can I say - perfection is hard to beat. Enjoy!

Wonderful B&B Experience!

by TripAdvisor Member Starman7

My wife and I had the good fortune of staying at Brian and Paula Murphy's outstanding B&B on the weekend of April 14, 2007. It is located on a quiet hillside in Sandwich, MA--the 1st town reached while driving to Cape Cod.

Our stay was for a "significant" birthday (that is: the year ends in a zero), so I was looking to go all out. Annabelle was absolutely ideal for this situation.

Romantic and beautiful surroundings, elegance and exquisite attention to detail (for both the physical Inn and the service) are the hallmarks of this B&B. Paula assured me on the phone that they were "professionals" at this sort of thing... She was spot-on.

The in-bed breakfast was an incredibly nice touch, and my wife absolutely loved it. The food: gourmet, delicious, presented wonderfully. Our stay was full of "little" surprises...

The location is very accessible for Cape Cod, pleasant restaurants are within strolling distance, the B&B is at the very center of the village of Sandwich. Check out the nearby museums, gardens. Take a relaxing walk through town. The ocean is a few minutes drive. We did all of these.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Anabelle is more than a cut above.

Love this Bed and Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member nocmh

We had a wonderful stay. We stayed at Annabelle's in December and could not wait to go back in April! I can't wait to stay during the summer when the weather is even better. The rooms are beautiful, the staff is extremely warm, and the food is amazing. Can't imagine there is a better bed and breakfast anywhere!

Perfect romantic getaway

by TripAdvisor Member georgerinv

We had a wonderful time there over a long weekend to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. Our room was quite nice with a wonderful large bathroom. The innkeepers were quite knowledgeable & helpful in planning day trips, as well as dinners out at local restaurants in the Cape Cod area. They were also very attentive to details in everything, and kept our anniversary in consideration at all times. All in all, a wonderful spot and we are planning on recommending the Annabelle B&B to our family/friends.

The most enjoyable BB we have ever experienced

by TripAdvisor Member AuntieMimi

We had the best weekend of our lives. The Annebelle experience is ideal for anyone who needs a time to feel pampered and totally relaxed. The elegence of the home, the gourmet breakfasts, beautiful views, and enthusiastic hostess are just a few of the many amenities to this B & B.

The location is perfect if you enjoy wonderful restaurant selections, nature, shopping or sight seeing all can be done with a short walk.

This was our first visit and we can't wait to return.

Fabulous Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member asanders5363

My husband and I, his sister and her husband, and his brother and his wife spent a wonderful weekend at the Inn. The Inn is lovely and Paula and her husband seem to be born to be innkeepers. They made us feel so welcome and at home. The room was exceptionally clean, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. We thought they had done a marvelous job restoring the house and were quite surprised to find out it was built eight years ago. The breakfasts were incredible. We asked for recipies but Paula is planning to write a cook book some day and, very politely, declined to share her recipies. We thoroughly enjoyed exploring Sandwich and Paula and her husband helped us select excellent restaurants. Our family has decided to make this an annual weekend get away.

Comments