Daniel Webster Inn

149 Main Street, Sandwich, Massachusetts, 02563, United States
Dan'l Webster Inn
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Daniel Webster Inn

The Daniel Webster Inn is terrific!

by TripAdvisor Member pgca

The Daniel Webster Inn is an exceptional place located in the heart of Sandwich's historic area. The room was fantastic and the service was excellent. It was a great place to relax away from home.

A place to rest

by Pawtuxet

Here is the Daniel Webster Inn...where you might take lodging or dinner. It is well situated in Sandwich, just around the bend from the Sandwich Glass Museum. Sandwich is reached by travelling on 6A, which is the old road on the north side of the Cape. Much nicer scenery than the Mid Cape Highway. A benefit from moving slightly slower.

Honeymoon at the Dan'l Webster

by TripAdvisor Member JKCamelotCT

Our "superior" room was smaller than I expected it would be, and the bathroom was downright tiny! We had to walk outside the main hotel to what looked like a cabin with a car port underneath to get to our room. Our canopy bed was comfortable and the little balcony outside our room was charming. Dinner in the restaurant was fantastic - I especially loved the short-rib dumpling appetizer and the chocolate cake. The restaurant itself is situated in a greenhouse like atmosphere and made for a beautiful evening as we ate underneath the stars without being chilled by the October air. The spa and restaurant staff is way more friendly than the front-desk staff. The ladies at the front desk were pretty off-standish and abrupt. Also, we discovered that we had a few nonsense charges when we checked out (i.e. a $20 telephone usage charge when we did not even use the telephone and other bogus room fees). I would probably wait about twenty years before visiting the Dan'l Webster again. We are in our late 20's and were by far the youngest couple there.

Expensive but well worth it

by TripAdvisor Member KathyFramingham

My niece's wedding was recently held at the Dan'l Webter Inn. The wedding was on Sat night(on the lovely grounds outside the main dining room) with about 80 people in attendance. Several family members, including myself, stayed the entire weekend arriving on Friday and leaving on Sunday. I cannot say enough about the weekend. The weather was perfect, the entire staff at Dan'l Webster took care of every little detail of the wedding, paying particular attention to what the bride and groom wanted. They were attentive but in the background so you knew they were there if you needed them but they were not intrusive. The hotel accomodations were great in that they put all 10 hotel rooms located side by side so we were not running all over the place to get to each other's rooms. The Spa people did makeup and hair on Sat afternoon for those who wanted it and were quite pleasant and did a great job on both. The food was excellent for all of the meals we had there. The sirloin served at the wedding was the best ever and everyone was raving about it. I can only say that everyone in our family left there with a feeling that it was a great wedding, and a great weekend and we have a lot of fantastic memories from it. There are a few shops within walking distance although there is a nice gift show in the Inn also. Pricing on hotel rooms is a little expensive but I can only say from our point of view, it was well worth it for this very special event in our family. Would highly recommend the Dan'l Webster Inn if you are looking for something special, relaxed and family friendly.

Peace and Quiet on the Cape

by TripAdvisor Member MaryDoherty

We chose this Inn so as to be close to the Summer Camp where our daughters were working. We found it a quiet and serene retreat from the action of New York where our holiday had begun and rash of sightseeing we had enjoyed while staying with friendds in Delaware. Our family room was large enough to accommodate my husband and I, a teenage son and the 2 daughters who were able to spend a couple of nights with us on time off. We were impressed by the quality of the food especially the sea-food and the friendliness of the staff. No doubt our good impressions were influenced by good weather and the exchange rate which favoured the uk £ and made all our purchases very affordable, but we also thought that the beds were very comfortable and the gardens and the pool area very pretty. The Inn was within easy walking distance of a couple of museums and was surrounded by delightful houses and cottage gardens. We were well placed for doing some trips on the Cape and very much enjoyed our few days there. We had read on this website of rooms that had a window onto the corridor but luckily we were located at the top of a quiet staircase and had no such window. It is also worth noting that during our stay my husband I were easily among the youngest people there and we are in our 50s.! The teenage son was not so impressed but undoubtedly this clientele helped to maintain the calm atmosphere of the place

Everything I dreamt of in Cape Cod

by TripAdvisor Member serenityseeker_7

Since I was a child I have had a yearning to visit Cape Cod. This was our first visit and I am so glad we chose this hotel. It epitomises everything which Cape Cod means to me. Serenity, beauty and grace - the hotel is set in beautiful grounds, it is so peaceful and the staff are truly lovely. The room was large and more than comfortable and the dining rooms were very pleasant, the staff continually fussing over our 4 year old daughter. We used the pool daily and it was always well maintained and spotlessly clean. The spa was also very nice with lovely treatments and a very nurturing and welcoming atmosphere. I have never felt more at home in a hotel than this. It is also excellently located for sightseeing and a great base for travelling - we spent a night in New York but coming back to the Dan'l Webster Inn the next day felt like coming home. Gorgeous location. Fantastic accommodation and wonderful staff - what would could you ask?

As always, exceeded expectations

by TripAdvisor Member EricaLynn

My wedding reception was held at the Dan'l Webster in 2004 (with the ceremony on nearby Town Neck Beach – you can walk to the boardwalk and beach from the inn) after a number of prior wonderful stays at the inn. We returned this year to celebrate our anniversary. Despite the fact that our expectations rise ever higher with each visit, the Dan'l Webster has consistently managed to exceed those expectations with every stay.

We opted for a Jarves Suite, which I would highly recommend. I made the reservations online but then called the front desk to request the exact room we'd stayed in for our wedding. Because the reservation hadn't yet come through the system to the front desk, I wasn't entirely sure my room request would ultimately be matched up with the reservation. I shouldn't have worried though, as our request was accommodated.

The weather wasn’t great on the day we arrived, which was just fine with us – it gave us an excuse to linger in our spacious room to take full advantage of the fireplace, heated tile floor, and two-person jacuzzi. Having selected the “romantic getaway” package, we also enjoyed the strawberries and bottle of champagne in our room upon arrival. The in-room spa products, bathrobes, and selection of pillows completed the atmosphere of a completely luxurious, relaxing escape from it all. (In the past, I’ve also had the opportunity to stay in and check out a variety of other rooms [my wedding guests let me snoop], and I’ve been impressed with the comfort, quality, and charm stemming from the uniqueness of each room.) Once the rain stopped, we also made use of the in-room coffee maker to brew some coffee to sip outdoors on the room’s balcony, which overlooked a small garden.

The food at the inn’s main dining room is outstanding; a simple web search will pull up hundreds of detailed reviews in support of this fact. The setting is gorgeous – I particularly enjoy having a hearty breakfast in the Conservatory while staring dreamily out at the gorgeous garden surroundings. The Tavern is also a fabulous place for a more casual meal.

What ultimately makes the Dan’l Webster such a special place, however, is the service. Staff are without fail incredibly friendly, professional, and helpful. As others have commented here, the inn truly does quickly begin to feel like home, albeit an elegant one, given that everyone is so welcoming. (Which reminds me of another recurrent comment, regarding the age of the typical visitor – yes, there are frequently older people staying here, but my husband and I are in our 20s and often see other younger people at the inn.) If there is something that would make your stay more enjoyable, don’t hesitate to ask. I’ll never forget when, during our wedding weekend, a group of fifteen of us showed up at the Tavern unannounced for a meal during a busy period. Despite our lack of a reservation, we were all seated within minutes, and they even thought to provide our elderly group members with seating while they prepared our table. That experience is just one of many examples of why we’ll continue to return to the Dan’l Webster for many years to come!

Excellent Hospitality, beeautiful setting

by TripAdvisor Member redwrangler

Returning to the Dan'l Webster is always a treat - the Inn is beautifully furnished and the staff are unfailingly nice. The gardens and pool area are an oasis landscaped with an amazing array of flowers -and a koi pond, There is a spa on site and guests are able to use a health club located a few minutes drive away.

When you make your reservations ask the clerk to describe the specific room you will get as most of the rooms at the Inn have different themes or slightly different amenities - this trip, our room had a steam shower and lovely balcony - on prior trips we had rooms with canopy beds, whirlpool baths, mini suites, etc.

The Inn has its own restaurant - the food is great - (particularly the french toast) and the new health concious menu that features sushi and other non traditional new england fare. Sandwich is a tiny town and there are a few other restaurants and snack places within very easy walking distance.

Parking is ample and the Inn is a quick drive or longish walk to the beach.

Beautiful accomadations

by TripAdvisor Member rosiegConnecticut

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the Inn and would highly recommend it to couples for a romantic getaway. The service was excellent, the room was beautiful, lots of extra amenities (heated bathroom floor!). I also used the spa and found it to be a great experience

as long as your neighbor does not get amarous during the night

by TripAdvisor Member nh

Do not book the suite. The plumbing will keep you awake all night. We were unlucky enough to have a next door neighbor decide to take a hot tub at 3 a.m. The noise was so loud we lost all sleep and had to contend with a waitress the next morning that must have been sleeping in the same wing due to her horrific attitude and see you later excperience. Sorry, the Dan'l Webster has lost the charm and now it is a run of the mill hotel, if you dare

Comments