999 Broadway, Saugus, Massachusetts, 01906, United States

IHG Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

• A wonderful chance to try "Urban Camping"

Odd review here. We never got to the hotel. We were flying out next morning, and got online and searched for airports near Boston Logan that offered a shuttle service. To be certain, rather than just book blindly through a travel site, I got the number and called the hotel to confirm that they did, in fact, have a shuttle and that it was operational Sunday evening and Monday morning. I was assured that they, in fact, did have such a service. I went ahead and booked the room over the phone even though the price was a few dollars higher than the internet price. My thinking was that having that small level of reassurance was worth a few bucks. So we dropped off our rental car (and in case anyone was wondering, the streets of Boston were built to contain the Minotaur), and called the Holiday Inn Express Saugus to schedule a pickup. "The shuttle doesn't run on weekends" is what this other person told me. So here's my situation - it's 1000pm Sunday night. Wife and I are flying out Monday at 8:00am. We have $2.00 cash to tip a shuttle driver - that's it. So, if we want to stay at this hotel, we have to find a cab that accepts credit cards, or walk the airport until we find an ATM. So, basically the best case scenario would've been us arriving at the hotel to check in at 11:00pm, and having to get up at 430am to make certain that we can arrange a cab back to the airport.
    We gave up and crashed at the airport that night. Best part? the hotel charged us twice on the credit card.

Comments