7 Beaver Dam Road, Scituate, Massachusetts, 02066, United States

ExteriorExterior

Delicious New England ChowderDelicious New England Chowder

Minuteman MonumentMinuteman Monument

Travel Tips for Scituate

The photo accompanying this...

by Zmrzlina

The photo accompanying this bit is of The Quarterdeck, one of the most unusual shops in Scituate. You can find all sorts of seashells, little antiques, imported gewgaws and Scituate memborabilia in this little place. And there are great views of the Harbor off the back deck.

Leighdie's new Scituate Page

by Leighdie

I actually lived here until I was 7. I had the chance to return and absolutely loved it. The people were friendly. I loved walking on the jette smelling the ocean breeze. We enjoyed watching the clamers dig up clams as the tides receded. The seafood is wonderful. And I learned that you don't pick the biggest lobsters. They are tough and do not have a lot of flavor. Always choose the smaller ones! I am going back this fall.

The Army of Two

by Zmrzlina

Just a brief outline and I will be back with a real story later...

War of 1812...the British are in Scituate Harbor early one morning....Rebecca and Abigail Bates, young daughters of the lighthouse keeper, are concerned...no adults about...the girls take up drum and fife and play as loud as they can...the British naval commander thinks there is a whole army on the shore and retreats!

This is a true story...but I think...no, I am quite sure...it has been "folklored" into a much bigger story over the years.

Comments