120 Jacob Street, Seekonk, Massachusetts, 02771, United States
Official Site Booking.com Travelocity

More about Historic Jacob Hill Inn

Lovely, Lovely Lovely !!

by TripAdvisor Member LINDA46

Jacob Hill Inn is a beautiful place - - so much to see and do in the inn itself, not to mention the lovely grounds... We can't help but think how nice it would be to visit the inn each season... The area is great - great restaurants, antiquing, shopping - and there is so much to see and do in Providence... Bill and Eleanora are doing exactly what they should be doing - INNKEEPING!!....

The Wonderful Jacob Hill B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Coastman3

My son and I visited the Jacob Hill B&B last month for an early Spring night. The owners uphold the English Country Inn tradition of remarkable hospitality and congeniality, doing everything that they can to make your stay totally comfortable. In fact, the bed and linen sheets were the most comfortable that I remember encountering on the road. Their love and enthusiasm for their Inn and its decoration are totally contagious.

Highly recommended.

The most exceptional Inn in New England and warm friendship

by TripAdvisor Member Sonnenberg

It is more than two years ago that our daughter in law suggested that we stay at the Jacob Hill B&B Inn during our yearly stay with our son’s family – and what did we find at Bill’s and Eleanora’s “establishment”: a warm and enthusiastic welcome – a set of well groomed lovely New England buildings with the most magnificent and very comfortable rooms – an outstandingly delicious breakfast beautifully served with harmonious classical background music and best of all interesting and amusing stories Bill told us of how it all happened. – In short, we come every year from Switzerland to New England and we certainly will stay nowhere else whenever we are visiting Melissa, Marc and Chelsea in Rehoboth MA. Thank you, Eleanora and Bill, for your exquisite treatment – for your warm friendship!
Elisabeth and Nino Treichler, Switzerland

Pretty, Private & Perfect for our anniversary!!!!

The owner/hosts Bill and Eleonora know how to make sure you enjoy your stay. We are so impressed with the Inn's buildings, king size rooms, breakfasts and grounds. Bill and Eleonora's love shows through into their renovation. Our stay was too short to enjoy all there is to do in the area. Bill knows all the good restaurants and shortcuts into Providence. We have taken every opportunity to recommend Jacob Hill to family and friends. We can't wait for our next chance to return for the comforts of home.

Can't wait to return...

My husband and I had the luxury of having the Inn all to ourselves. We truly enjoyed our stay from the beautiful accomodations to the wonderful breakfasts that Elenor prepared each morning. Oh, and let us not forget the chocolate chip cookies in our room each day. We not only came away from the Inn relaxed and recharged, but also with two new friends. We hope to return again next year!

Smiles All Around!

From the moment my husband and I were greeted at the front door by Eleanora and had her husband Bill waving to us from his sit-down mower, we felt like visiting family at this inn. The atmosphere inside is elegant, with very well cared for antiques and furnishings, yet there is no pretention here. The inn is obviously loved by its owners and they are, rightfully, proud of what they have created through loving renovation of a historic property. Our room was beautiful, extremely clean and comfortable. The hosts were eager to make our stay a happy one. They serve a lovely breakfast and checked with us each night to be sure we'd enjoy what they planned to prepare the following morning. There is an unusually comfortable atmosphere at this B&B as the hosts are truly interested in their guests and enjoy visiting with them. We left feeling that Eleanora and Bill would probably come visit US someday! We can not imagine anyone not enjoying their stay here.

College Reunion Weekend

When we pulled into the driveway, Bill spotted us, welcomed us enthusiastically, and helped us unload and settle into our beautiful room. We felt at home immediately, but we felt almost like family by the time we left three days later. Without imposing on us, Bill and Eleanora treated us to wonderful breakfasts and interesting conversation, advised us on back routes to avoid traffic problems, and directed us to sights around the area. Having attended college in Providence, I was familiar with the area and still learned from their local recommendations. Jacob Hill Inn offered a relaxing retreat close to Providence yet away from the city - a wonderful indulgence for a relaxing, romantic weekend as well as for social and tourist activities. We'll be back for the next reunion, but we'll seek excuses to visit again before then!

A superb experience!

by TripAdvisor Member anguilladreamer

We stayed at Jacob Hill for our son's college graduation, and we only wish we had discovered it four years ago! We stayed in one of the rooms in the renovated barn, and it was incredible! All of the rooms have been wonderfully decorated, and the common areas, which we always enjoy in a B&B, were warm & welcoming. The best part, though, were our hosts, Eleonora & Bill. They were friendly, helpful (especially with directions), and all around fun people to be around. Their motto is that guests arrive as strangers but leave as friends -- and it's true! We couldn't have asked for better accomodations or a better experience.

Service and serenity.

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then we recommend all to behold the beauty of Jacob Hill Inn, Seekonk Massachusetts. Jacob Hill Inn was our accommodation on the way to the Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum in Boston, Massachusetts, a forty minute drive from the inn. Being artists, my boyfriend and I not only were drawn to the museum but also to the exquisite eye for detail of Bill and Eleonora's Jacob Hill Inn. From the Early American décor of the main guest house to the newly renovated and ingenious restoration of a horse barn into yet another guest house and community room, Jacob Hill Inn is inspiring. Each nook and cranny of the Inn was decorated with antiques, hand blown glassware, as well as family heirlooms. Furthermore, the Inn itself is rich in history as we were told by our hosts and owners of Jacob Hill, Bill and Eleonora.

In addition, the guest services were of the highest quality, as well noted by their AAA four diamond rating. From the organic toiletries, hand rolled breakfast granola and midnight cheese tray left for us to enjoy in their kitchen at any time, Bill and Eleonora made us feel like royalty from the time they helped us with our bags to the informal hugs goodbye after our many tours and friendly conversations. It was hard to leave as our car drove out of the drive and away from the rolling fields of the picket-fenced grounds and the inviting poolside gazebo. We would encourage all to experience Jacob Hill Inn as we have discovered it is the finest home away from home.

Primo! Lovely stay.

by TripAdvisor Member JudyNewYork

What a lovely B&B. Kudos to owners Bill and Eleanora.
I visited Seekonk for an overnight midweek in July 2005 (from NY) and called the Jacob Hill Farm B&B while on my way to MA. Happily they had an availability.
I had seen their website… and was hoping it was as comfy and cozy as it appeared online. It certainly was… and then some!

I was greeted in the parking lot by Bill as soon as I stepped out of my car.
Bill made me feel very welcome. He led me to my “Colonial” room to unload my bags. It was the room I had remembered from the website as my favorite (in the price range I wanted to spend for the night). Lovely four poster canopied bed with a white bedspread that belonged to Eleanora’s grandmother, a loveseat that was proudly reupholstered by Bill and Eleanora and curtains made by Eleanora. Beautiful and amazing detail on the mantel fireplace made the atmosphere, of this, my room for the next 18 hours, warm and comfortable.

The bathroom was awesome with a double sink with marble top,
lights galore and whirlpool /Jacuzzi bath (not sure of the difference) and even a beday!. Now that’s classy. Although, I never have figured out how they work.

Waiting for me in my room were large chocolate chip cookies bottled water and a bowl of hard candy. A large platter of cheese and crackers and a glass of wine were kept cold until I arrived. Perfect, since I was tired and did not want to go out for dinner.

Bill gladly obliged my request for the grand tour of (available) rooms in the main house, the barn and the grounds. I was blown away by the barn. It has a very grand entrance and lovely staircase. The work they put into that beautiful building is incredible. All the rooms i saw are very inviting. I just might have a new goal to stay in every room at least once.

As for Bill and Eleanora, well, I wish they would abopt me because I want to move in. They both are warm and friendly and made me feel like one of their family. All their hard work and love of their property certainly shows. They have done a wonderful job.

Lastly I was treated to Eleanora's delicious and award winning French toast the next morning.

The only thing I hope to see when I return, is some sunshine. Visit if you can. Also while there, go down the street and visit Leonard’s Antique Store. An awesome place for antiques and reproductions and a very large selection of beds.

Comments