Super 8 Motel

1500 Riverdale Street, Springfield, Massachusetts, 01089, United States

More about Springfield

Amtrak Union Station, SpringfieldAmtrak Union Station, Springfield

Storrowton Village Meetinghouse 1834 Salisbury NHStorrowton Village Meetinghouse 1834 Salisbury NH

Wow, dancepads!!Wow, dancepads!!

City HallCity Hall

Travel Tips for Springfield

Packing Light for a Simple Overnight Escape

by cjg1

Most of our trips to SPringfield are just an overnight visit, so a small overnight bag or rollaboard will do. Dress according to the season. Shampoo, conditioner, lotion, hair gel, razor, shavingcream, deodorant, tooth brush and paste, contact lenses, lens solution and my glasses. digital camera, memory card reader and video camera always pack an umbrella

Springfield, Massachusetts - USA

36 Court St
Springfield, MA 01103

Downtown Information

Area Airport Information
Bradley International Airport (BDL)
* Distance: 18 MI/ 28.97 KM N
* Drive Time : 25 minutes

Area Train Information
Amtrak/Union Station

* Train Station Name: Amtrak/Union Station
* Train Station Distance 0.1 MI/ 0.16 KM

Area Convention Center Information
Springfield Civic Center (Mass Mutual Center)

Attractions
Distance From Downtown

* Six Flags New England/Hurricane Harbor (7 MI/ 11.27 KM )
* Basketball Hall of Fame (1 MI/ 1.61 KM )
* Club Quarter/Entertainment District (0.1 MI/ 0.16 KM )
* Hooters (0.01 MI/ 0.02 KM )
* Eastern States Exhibition (Big E) (4 MI/ 6.44 KM )
* Quadrangle Museums - science, fine arts and more (1 MI/ 1.61 KM )
* Dr Seuss Museum/Mulberry Street (1 MI/ 1.61 KM )
* Forest Park Zoo/Bright Nights (3 MI/ 4.83 KM )
* Olympia Ice Rink (3 MI/ 4.83 KM )
* Springfield College (3 MI/ 4.83 KM )
* American International College (3 MI/ 4.83 KM )
* Historic Northampton - shopping & restaurants (15 MI/ 24.14 KM )
* Yankee Candle Company & Car Museum (30 MI/ 48.28 KM )
* Old Sturbridge Village (35 MI/ 56.33 KM )
* UMASS/Mullin Center (20 MI/ 32.19 KM )

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Trail of The Whispering Giants"

These statues have nothing to do with totems, poles,
or Indian art, but rather symbolically represent a
composite of the physical images of Native Americans,
indigenous to each state, as seen through the eyes of
the artist.

Springfield had purchased one of the Whispering Giants
carved by internationally acclaimed, Smithsonian recognized,
eccentric artist Peter Wolf Toth. The Whispering Giant
stands at an enterance to Forest Park on the Longmeadow
side of the park.

The trail of The Whispering Giants currently consists of 67
carvings located in every state and two provinces of Canada.

Check Out our "Things To Do" tips for more info ....

Click On Photo To Enlarge

Real life or fiction? What do you think?

by KaiM

"Thoughts of a yawning traveller"

Hooka Hey. Isn't it a nice day to die? Hooka Hey. That's what the Native Americans shouted when they went to fight against the white soldiers. That's what Crazy Horse screamed when his men beat Custer's cavalry. I am not an Indian. But sometimes I feel like only death can stop me.
Excuse me. What? Stupid thoughts running through my brain. Perhaps it's because I'm tired after a hard and long day. 'Wanna change shoes wit' me?' No, that's definetely not my voice. Somebody's talking to me, disturbing the thoughts of silence. Sitting in a small bus terminal at 2 am can be interesting. Interesting like the Afro-American girl relaxing a couple of seats to my left. 'My sneakers are too small. Wanna change?' Change my large-as-a-board basketball shoues against her small adidas? No, that wouldn't be useful. 'I have been running the whole day in this pair of sneakers. I am really tired.' Yes, I know. I smile at her, saying something like: 'Oh, sorry. But I don't think your shoes would fit my feet.' She tells me about her hard day, but she doesn't know about mine.
Walking all day on 5th Ave. and through the Big Apple, taking the Greyhound to New Haven, taking another Greyhound to Springfield and missing my bus to Boston. Hooka Hey, that is a hard day! Well, I forgot to mention the fat lady who was thrown out of the bus for smoking and yelling all the time. I also forgot the drunken stranger trying to talk to me. Hooka Hey. But I did not tell her. I just smiled.
She leaves with a last smile that makes me really nervous. That is what I like about traveling by bus. You meet a lot of interesting people. People who annoy you, people who are tripping on your nerves and people you want to know more about.
But they are walking away. Why? Why not. That's life. People passing by. It's going on. A steady movement.
Now it's 2.30 am. I fall asleep. Dreaming about the past. About a girl I met in New Orleans shortly before I left the Big Easy. Take it easy. Easy like the homeless man in Atlanta who wanted me to buy medicine for him. Sorry, no time. I have to visit Martin Luther King's home. The poor man left. I feel uncomfortable, somehow bad.
I have a dream, but now I wake up. Alone in the terminal.
'Boston. All passengers travelling to Boston to gate 3.' The right destination, but not the right bus company. But hey, let's give it a try. Let me ride with your bus. Otherwise I would have to wait another five hours for my bus. The man at the counter agrees. Fine. I try to enter the bus. The driver is angry. He talks to the man at the counter. Loud and angry. Then he comes back. 'Come in. But don't try this again.'
But I'm just tired. Thanks. The bus moves on...

Comments