215 Charlton Road, US 20, Sturbridge, Massachusetts, 01566, United States
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Sturbridge

Salem Towne House Farm, Sturbridge, MASalem Towne House Farm, Sturbridge, MA

Fitch House, Sturbridge, MAFitch House, Sturbridge, MA

Bolton Friends Meeting House, Sturbridge, MABolton Friends Meeting House, Sturbridge, MA

Stage Coach and Tavern at Old SturbridgeStage Coach and Tavern at Old Sturbridge

Travel Tips for Sturbridge

1830 Massachusetts Village Life Revisited

by atufft

"Near the Junction of I-90 and I-84"

Sturbridge is located on US20, in Worcester County, at the junction of the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) and I-84, just north of a low range of hills that divides Massachusetts from Connecticut. The town was first settled in 1729 and is named after Stourbridge, England, but the chief attraction in town is the 1771 Publick House restaurant and hotel, and the outstanding 1830 village life recreation known at Old Sturbridge Village. The quiet relaxed atmosphere and casual tourism of the old and new towns is a pleasant contrast with urban Boston and tourist trap Massachusetts Bay colony restorations just 45 minutes away.

"Good opportunity for truckers..."

Off I-84, just 3 miles from the junction of I-90 and I-84 is a Pilot with plenty of parking space. I have walked in the depth of winter from the truck stop into Sturbridge. The Pilot permits dropping the trailer though, and I have also taken my wife and dog for a ride into town by semi-tractor. The Old Sturbridge has parking for RVs and plenty of space for a spare tractor. Publick House is a little harder, but we were able to find a spot to park before we ate. The food at Publick House is better than the truck stop, needless to say.

Comments