225 Main Street, West Yarmouth, MA 26730

Travelocity Orbitz.com Booking.com

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Good location for day trips

We've traveled a lot and this place met my expectations. Their web site is pretty accurate about the accommodations and activities they provide. We got a super post Labor Day rate plus a senior discount for the four nights we were there. This place certainly seems like a great place for a family to stay because of all the things to do on the property. The location is ideal for day trips and just a very short drive to the ferries in Hyannis. In fact, it's only about 1.5 mile walk into Hyannis which is probably a good idea because there is such limited parking there during the day.
    We found the rooms a bit dated but certainly clean. Towels were fresh and fluffy - all the lights worked and there were plenty of electrical outlets. The breakfast room didn't have windows so we couldn't see the morning sun but it had plenty of tables and was adjacent to the TV room. We could also take our breakfast outside very easily and enjoy our coffee overlooking Lewis Bay. They had a flat screen TV on the wall in the breakfast room also, and there was always plenty of fresh and tasty coffee and creamers available here. Continental Breakfast included make your own waffles and boiled eggs and fresh apples and oranges. We enjoyed the fire pit in the evening which overlooks Lewis Bay.
    I did my morning laps in the outdoor pool several times and the water and the pool areas were always clean. To me this is how people and families have enjoyed summer visits and memories to Cape Cod over the years. It reflects a nostalgic life style.
    Not too many restaurants nearby within walking distance but there are plenty in Hyannis. If you want to pick up snacks or a few groceries turn right out of the resort and there is a Stop and Shop and a Shaw's grocery store on Highway 28 about four lights from the Bayside Resort. We had to ask for help to find them, but we did!
    We didn't spend time in the resort during the day so we felt this place was a good fit for us.
    Robin was welcoming and helpful when we arrived - and others at the front desk helped us with a few needs too. We enjoyed our stay and our time on Cape Cod.

Unique Quality: Two nice pools here - everything is very clean.

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

do not go there

This was really an happy choice. Very basic on a very busy freeway, sad breakfast buffet in the basement and very basic services. Since Cape Code offers a wide range of opportunities, I will not raccomend you to go there. Just the location, more or less in the middle of the Cape, was ok. We took just 10 minutes drive to go th Hayannis harbour to take the ferries to Martha's V. and Nuntacket.

More about Bayside Resort Hotel

Summer stay at the Bayside Resort Hotel MA

by TripAdvisor Member ljn_uk

Recently returned to the Bayside in West Yarmouth MA for a 3 night stay in August 2005.

Yes the location could be better (the Bayside is located on Rt28 W Yarmouth) but if you are looking for a good clean base (with good amenities) to tour the cape the Bayside delivers. This as our 4th stay at the Bayside - We have stayed at several of the other motels along rt 28 and the Bayside can't be beat.

Pros:
The accommodations are spotless, the facilities are great.

The free breakfast is nice (especially when eaten outdoors overlooking the water on the bayside's 'beach'. The breakfast includes: Tea/coffee/Juice, Cereal, Bagels, Muffins, donuts, yoghert & fruit.

Amenities inc: Indoor & outdoor pools & Jacuzzi & Sauna (all of which were spotless), Indoor & outdoor bars (friendly service) - As previously mentioned the pools are more private than some on Rt 28 (some you can see directly into the pool area as you drive by!!)

Cleanliness - Due to time difference I woke early & often encountered staff cleaning - their attention to detail was impressive.

Staff: Very friendly & professional

Rates: I felt the rates were very reasonable & packages are often offered.

Cons:
A lot of families stay there - so at certain times of the day the pool does get busy with children. This may bother some more than others.

The location: there is little you can walk to and Rt 28 is the 'commercial strip' but the flipside is shops & restaurants are within easy reach. Be aware you will need a car if you plan to stay at the Bayside

Summary:
Enjoy the Bayside but go with realistic expectations - As a previous poster said - this is not a 5 star hotel. Rt 28 is not like rt 6a - you will not enjoy scenic strolls from your hotel - this is not the quaint/cute part of the cape (you will need to get in you car to reach that but it can be found 15 mins away)
The Bayside is one of the best choices in the area & the rates are excellent value for money (tip: if you plan to travel to the cape register on their website as they regularly email you with special rates & packages)

The Bayside Resort is the Best!

by TripAdvisor Member TrishaHam

I am not sure where the negative reviews came from, but surely not people who actually stayed at the Bayside! My husband and I just got back from a 4 day stay and we did NOT want to leave! First off, the hotel is nice and clean. The room was a jacuzzi suite, clean and complete with champagne to greet us. Maid service was excellent. The Moby Dick Bar onsite is one of the coolest little bars you could ever find. Miguel, the bartender, is friendly and fun. Be sure to visit him; you will not be sorry. We used the 6 dollar discounts to nearby restaurants and enjoyed some great food. There was an Italian restaurant/sports bar across the street (within walking distance) where you can eat, drink and play Keno. Fun, fun, fun. I am so glad we stayed at the Bayside and highly recommend it. I would be happy to answer any questions as well.

Better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member mizzjenkie

We weren't expecting much when we arrived so it was a pleasant surprise. The Bayside Resort Hotel is probably one of the more appealing ones on Route 28. We had a room with a sun deck, however I would have preferred it not to be shared between two rooms. The Continental Breakfast could have been better as well. Overall, the location is great, the rate is fair, and the people were very nice and friendly. If we were to return to the cape, I'd probably opt for one of the rooms with a jacuzzi :)

Nicest Hotel in the area

My husband and I just returned from Cape Cod were we stayed in the Bayside Resort. It is a very clean hotel and convenient to most towns in the middle of the Cape. The bed was not too good, though. I couldn't wait to get home to my own bed! Otherwise, I would stay here again but I doubt very much if we will ever visit Cape Cod again. I am glad we did see it, but it is not somewhere I would want to go to again. Our package included a continental breakfast which was adequate; cold cereal, bagels, muffins, instant oatmeal and assorted donuts. Coffee and hot tea available 24 hours, but the juice machine was only on during the hours of 7 AM to 10 AM, the hours the breakfast was available. There is a very nice indoor pool which was great for those with children (it rained a lot during our stay and the indoor pool was a godsend for those families). We took the ferry to Nantucket and found that to be a very quaint area, nicer than the Cape, actually, but expensive. There is a mall with movie theaters within a few miles, which came in handy for us. We caught a movie, what else do you do when it is raining? All in all, a nice "resort" except for the fact that the bed was hard as a rock!

Best of the Cape

by TripAdvisor Member irish6004

What a surprise! Of all the places on the Cape that are just a place to sleep, the Bayside Resort is a big step above the rest. A great value for the money, the Bayside offers great amenities, a prime location and a courteous staff. I just returned from the Cape after a week long vacation during the prime August travel season. While most hotels are interested in moving you in and out and turning rooms over as fast as possible, the Bayside offers a comfortable place to relax after hiking, biking, shopping or beachcombing. The pool is second to none, whether you're traveling with children or traveling alone. Rooms are well appointed with large bathrooms. But the best feature by far is the complementary breakfast! While most hotels on the Cape will offer a continental breakfast, it usually is never more than coffee and stale donuts. The Bayside truly delivers with a huge selection of items. I wasn't traveling with children but I can only imagine the money you would save on breakfast and lunch by taking advantage of what the Bayside offers. Much better than any of the chain hotels on the Cape and certainly one of the best values anywhere. Don't be fooled by the higher end hotels on the Cape, they only provide a pretty facade then surprise you with their lack of amenities.

please upgrade the rooms

The rooms are scarry! Very run down, unwelcoming, "cold". They need some serious work, to make them pleasant for a stay longer than a few seconds, forget about view. If you can put up with the room everything else is great. Indoor and outdoor pool, sauna. Arcade for the kids, family room next to it with TV and comfortable chairs and couch, free coffe and tea. You can walk out to the bayside from here to enjoy your breakfast or just a drink and the view of the bay. The place is really nice but please do something about the rooms!

Not for couples...

The Jacuzzi suite w/complementy champagne is a joke. Its just a slightly larger room with a bathtub in the corner and an old bottle of champagne in the small fridge. Not worth the extra money at all. I do wish we just went to a basic type hotel like a Comfort Inn or something. It would have been much less expensive. The town of Yarmouth itself is kinda dumpy. Nothing really stands out. My expectations of actually being "Bayside" were set with the other reviews. The view and the little beach out back is actually OK. It's actually the only nice view of anything we saw in Yarmouth. My wife and I got a drink and hung out in the sand at around sunset and that was OK. But it's mainly for parents w/kids looking for a location with enough to keep the kids busy so the adults can get a drink. Next time we will plan further ahead and I will stay in another town. I will admit the staff was very nice. The guy at the desk was very helpful on the phone and reminded us to drive safely while driving up from NJ.

Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member KiscoMike

We just got back from 5 nights at the Bayside. The main reason we booked this place is because it had an indoor pool and generally good reviews on TripAdvisor. The hotel met or exceeded our expectations on every level.

In reading this review, please understand that the rating is based on the price. No one is going to confuse the Bayside with the Four Seasons, but the Bayside was $125/night with a rollaway cot (midweek, high season - $145 for Friday night). For that price you get a clean room (not huge, but big enough for 2 full beds, a rollaway, a table and chairs and decent drawer and hanger space), a fairly large and clean bathroom, and well kept public areas. Was the room plush? No. Was the furniture luxurious? No. Was the bathroom full of marble? No. But everything is nice enough and what more can you expect for that price during high season?

The indoor pool was clean, a decent size, and had sufficient seating around it. Ironically, we wanted a place with an indoor pool because it rained every day during our Cap May vacation last year, but we had perfect weather every day this year. So we didn't need it during the day, but it was open till 11PM and the kids used it every night after dinner, leaving the day free for sight seeing around the Cape.

Unlike most of the other motels, both the indoor and outdoor pools are set back so everyone traveling down Rt 28 can't see your gut hanging over your bathing suit at the pool. The faux bay beach is a pleasant area to have breakfast or read a book.

The continental breakfast was nice (donuts, bagels, yogurt, cold cereals, coffee and juices), but we like a full, hot breakfast and went out most mornings anyway. The staff was nice as could be, helpful with local suggestions and ready with extra pillows and towels.

Overall, a nice family place at a reasonable price. We really had no complaints.

Clean Accomodations

Stayed at this property for a few days. It is very clean with helpful staff and complimentary breakfast included in the rate. We did not really utilize any of the services of the hotel as we basically just slept there.
It definitely looked better than alot of the motel type accomodations on Rte 28. There is a little pub onsite and two pools both indoor and outdoor.
The property was very clean and this is all we were looking for. The beds were definitely not the most comfortable but we would stay there again for the convenient location, the cleanliness and the helpful staff.

Not the Best

The hotel is located on a very busy strip. I agree with the other guest there is not much to see or do in Yarmouth. The hotel has a wet, musty odor. The staff, however was quite friendly. I had a bad experience in the pool, be very careful it dips form 4ft. to 8ft. Thank God there were people in the pool who could help me, but I was very disappointed that management or any staff didnot come to see if I was okay. So to me that ruined it for this hotel.

Comments