452 Main Street, West Yarmouth, Massachusetts, 02673, United States
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

More about Town 'n Country Motor Lodge

Don't stay at this place!

by TripAdvisor Member beaches707

Wow, what to say. We were looking for a heated pool. Called up and they told us it was heated to 85 degrees. Got there and found the pool temp was 70 degrees. Asked the pool maintenance guy who said the heater was broken. Complained at the front desk said they didn't know anything. This combined with the fact that he room was a dump we decided to leave after the first night. Was told we couldn't leave early unless the manager ok'd it but he wouldn't be in until the morning. Next morning went to the front desk several times and was told he wasn't in yet. After finally having all I could take I demanded they get the guy on the phone. He told them he wasn't coming in that day and to just give us our money back. It was such a relief to get out of that place. Our recommendation is too avoid the Town and County like the plague. Very poor customer service, dirty old rooms, still not sure if they have a heated pool or not (or if they even care about it). Moved up the road to the Yarmouth resort. Totally pleased. Reasonable prices, nice clean room, great customer service. What a difference......

Loved this place

by TripAdvisor Member Retired53

We have been to the Town and Country many times. It is nothing fancy , but we always have the best of service. It is centrally located and near to everything we want to go to. We have been going for the last 10 yrs. We also always get good deals which is more important to us than staying in a fancy place.

Beware!!!

Watch out for this place, they have a serious bedbug infestation. After the first night, I thought I had been attacked by mosquitoes, but then, the next morning I was completely covered by horrible, red, itchy bumps. It wasn't until I got home and went to see a doctor that I found out they were bedbug bites. For me to have so many bites, they had to have had a problem for quite some time. When I called to complain, they seemed unconcerned about the problem and didn't even ask what room I had been staying in. I was told that they would have to get back to me and after a series of phone calls was only refunded one night. Stay away from this place!

Good Time at Town N Country

by TripAdvisor Member swolf624

We were very pleased with our five night stay at the Town N Country. At $55 per night for a very large room, it was a great value. Is it the Ritz? No. But the room was clean, there was plenty of water pressure and the service was excellent. When our upstairs neighbors were making a racket, the staff put an immediate stop to it. Visually, the first pool is unattractive, surrounded by a chain link fence, but it was clean, with plenty of towels and chairs. The indoor pool was very nice, great for kids. I don't think the other reviews were fair, although the non-upgraded rooms did not look nice from the outside. They overdo it a bit on the chemicals, and the upgraded rooms were "bathfitted," meaning they put a shell on the entire room, so if you push against the wall, it moved. So what?, I say, being 10 minutes from Hyannis and several beaches was worth it.

We would stay here again, but we may try a different hotel for aesthetic, not functional reasons (e.g. pools not visible from Route 28).

OK, decent place for the price

by TripAdvisor Member Jawayi

This is just a basic motel with fridge in-room. Overall, the motel is pretty old and the room we had smelled somewhat foosty. They have an outdoor (was fenced and closed at this time) and an indoor pool (which I noticed was used a lot at night). Desk staffs are ok, not the friendliest bunch. Free coffee and tea 24/7 at the office. We found a great internet deal on this one, so the price was really good. Oh, you only get soaps in the bathroom (no shampoo) so bring your own.

Horrible

They gave us a room out back and parking was out front. The room was dark and dingy, we walked in and there was a big fan going trying to dry the carpet (from what we don't know), and it smelled very musty. I can't believe they actually tried to rent a room in this condition. Everything (carpet, drapes, etc.) was old and dirty. The room definitely did NOT look like the room on their website, very deceiving. We checked out immediately and will never stay there again or recommend it to anyone.

Horrible horrible horrible

by TripAdvisor Member honeyyyyy

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel in August last year.

We dont have high standards whatsoever, and normally always stay in cheap and cheerful hotels.....this hotel certainly was not cheerful.

On arriving at the hotel, we were met by the most unbelievably moodiest receptionist i have ever met....we thought that was a bad sign as she clearly hated her job (probably from all the complaints).

We were given the keys to our room, and i actually felt sick upon entering....it absolutely stunk of mould. The surfaces of all the units were slightly wet so we wiped them down, but 10 minutes later they were wet again because the room was so damp. The bed sheets felt horrible to touch as they too were damp....no way could we have slept in them. Furthermore, when we pulled back the bed sheets there were black hairs in the bed....what sort of hairs i'm not quite sure.

We decided that no way could we have stayed in that room, so we went and asked reception if we could move....my boyfriend told a little white lie and said that i had asthma and the smell was making me wheezy, so they moved us straight away....However, they just gave us new keys and barely uttered a word, they didnt even apologise for the state of the room. The other room wasn't quite as bad, but it was a so called 'deluxe' room.

If they hadn't of moved us, we would have had to stay in another hotel and lose our money (as we had paid in advance over the net so it was non-refundable). It was far to bad to just 'put up with'.

If anybody has already booked this hotel, then i'd advise you to cancel asap.....i reckon any good reviews on this hotel must have been written by the hotel owners.

Would stay here again

I moved to the Town 'n Country after an awful 1 night stay at the Howard Johnsons down the street. The room was clean and furniture/carpet newish. Staff okay but not overly friendly. My room was away from the road and was very quiet. Check their website for discount rates. I stayed here for $33.00 per night and it is a real bargain compared to most motels along this strip.

Eight great nights

by TripAdvisor Member jipc

Ok, this is an iconic Cape Cod roadside motel- not a Hilton or Hyatt. We spent 8 nights here and it was perfect. Clean, safe and close to everything. We had a room in the back on the second floor- quiet- away from road noise and people. Enough room to put a chair outside and enjoy the peace. Karen and her staff couldn't have been nicer. This little place felt like home everynight when we came back from our daily adventures. I would stay here again without hesitation.

We stay here every year!

by TripAdvisor Member KayCe234

This is a great low priced motel for a family vacation. We have 3 kids and have a hard time finding hotels that allow 5 in a room. We also don't have alot of money to spend on vacation. The Town & Country is the best for both reasons! They offer larger family rooms that have 2 double beds and a pull out sofa and a fridge. The rooms are pretty decent - no great shakes but for the price you can't beat it. The employees are all very helpful and friendly. Their are 3 pools - 2 outdoor (one is heated) and 1 indoor that also has a hot tub, there is a game room with a few video games and best of all there is a Burger King, 7/11 and Friendly's right next door!

We have been going here for the last 4 years and keep coming back!

Comments