2455 Carpenter Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 48108, United States

Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

• Horrible Experience

Beware this hotel! I had a reservation at this hotel booked some time in advance. Upon arriving I was requested to present an ID that had just been lost in luggage by an airline. I explained so and offered to send documentation after the weekend. I was told by Hasan that the rate would now increase over $150 and it would NOT be corrected after providing the documentation. I couldn't understand this and after going back and forth, I stated I didn't wish to stay any longer. I was told I would be charged regardless as cancellation period had passed. Per my booking contract, even if I did not show for this reservation, my card would be charged the rate I had originally booked, of one night. However, they were changing the rate of over $150 higher than that. As the desk clerk was fairly crude and unreasonable, I requested to call the parent company (chain). I was offered a phone that did not work/dial out. I told the clerk this. I was offered the phone and that it was now fixed. It did not and would not dial out. I was given the check in paperwork to sign with the higher rate. Being that this was a college football game weekend with all hotels sold out, I figured I would just check in and deal with the corporate chain after the weekend. As I was instructed to initial this new rate, I wrote in beside that it was not the rate I booked and that I did not agree with this rate and expected it to be reversed upon documentation provided. The clerk snatched the paper from me and wadded it up in the trash and gave me another. I did the exact same and he reacted the same also. Taking the paper from me and throwing it away. I was told, that here in America, I cannot write a note next to something I am signing. The clerk then refused to check me in or give me the room keys. At this point feeling uncomfortable by his threatening and outrageous behavior, I told him such and left the property. I then had to travel 30-40 miles to another hotel where I thankfully found a single vacancy at another brand. After this trip, I found this hotel had charged my card the amount of $150 more than the booking. Even though if I had not shown up at all, the most they could charge was the original booking rate. I immediately contacted the chain the morning after this happened and was told they could do nothing, it was up to the hotel. After speaking with the "manager" Colleen, it was even worse. She was argumentative, unapologetic and unreasonable. She finally agreed to watch the video of what happened and get back with me. She called the next day and was dishonest, stating that they video did not show the clerk throwing the check in paperwork in the garbage etc. Either she didn't actually have a video or she is being dishonest. She refused to refund my charge, although I did not get a room key, see what room # I would have been given or make it past the front desk. She stated that I had "checked in" by initialing the paperwork and making the note next to it. Although I was never given access to any room. Outrageous behavior and customer service attitude. I stay in hotels 50+ nights a year and have never encountered anything like this. I will not be staying with this chain and certainly not this property in my life. Beware. I have had to file a dispute with my credit card at this stage for this improper billing. * I am unable to give a fair review of bed comfort, cleanliness and room quality as I was not given that opportunity.

Unique Quality: Unable to answer due to incident

Directions: Near a couple restaurants.

More about Ann Arbor

Dawn Farm welcomes you to the annual Janboree!Dawn Farm welcomes you to the annual Janboree!

There's my girl....There's my girl....

U of M Football GameU of M Football Game

University of Michigan, Ann ArborUniversity of Michigan, Ann Arbor

Camping near Ann Arbor

by hi-c

Hi, I'm coming to Ann Arbor for a cencert and I'm looking for a campground that is near Ann Arbor. A quiet, cheap place where one wouldn't get bothered. Any suggestions? Thanks!

RE: Camping near Ann Arbor

by KalamazooJohn

I lived in Ann Arbor for years and can't think of any close camping. The state parks are nice and a good one is Hayes State Park near Onsted. It is 30 miles from Ann Arbor, west on US 12. Not a good place if there is racing at Michigan International Speedway that weekend.

Travel Tips for Ann Arbor

You have to take a tour of the...

by elbaker

You have to take a tour of the campus. It is beautiful. The architecture is amazing, especially in the Law School. Take your time and enjoy the flowers and the people. I miss the people in Ann Arbor when I am not there. There is the most imcredible mixture of cultures that it is absolutely fascinating to sit on the Diag and just watch the people and enjoy the sunshine.

Dexter Cider Mill: cold cider and warm donuts

by Bunsch

Let me encourage you to drive out of downtown Ann Arbor on a fall afternoon, just twenty minutes along scenic Huron River Parkway, to get a special treat at the Dexter Cider Mill. For more than 120 years, it has operated continuously, pressing cider in the traditional oak rack press (see photo), using three to five varieties of locally-grown apples. In addition the Mill makes all manner of apple-related products (pies, turnovers, strudel, caramel apples, jellies, apple butter, boiled cider) and the most delicious donuts (your choice of plain or cinnamon sugar). They also carry vinegars, barbecue sauces, mustards and pickled asparagus, and several locally grown products like popcorn and flavored packaged soybeans.

Once you've gotten your gallon and dozen, wander back to the Huron River where you can perch on a hay bale to munch and drink and watch the water sweeping past. If things get too crowded, you can drive a mile or so to the Huron River Metropark where there is more room to spread out.

The Mill is open from late August to mid-November, Wed-Sun 9-5 PM. On Saturdays from 11-5 PM and Sundays from 12-5 PM, you can also enjoy wine tasting from the Sandhill Crane Winery and purchase chocolates from the Backyard Gourmet.

Gratzi

by tiffm about Gratzi

A great italian restaurant right on Main Street in the middle of town. It has a really nice atmosphere and sometimes a violinist in the evenings. (it's not terribly cheap, but worth it for those special occasions) just about anything is good, but I'm partial to the Chicken Marsala

Red Hawk

by tiffm about Red Hawk

the Red Hawk is right next to campus and always draws a crowd. They serve eclectic American cuisine and have reasonable prices. The are in an old store (the type with the tin ceilings) the burgers, ravioli

Kelsey Museum of Archaeology

by Yorick12

A small museum which contains artifacts excavated at the university's Mediterranean and Near Eastern digs. Go and check the mummy ; it'll probably only take 10 minutes out of your day to visit.
Tuesday - Friday 9-4 Sat-Sunday 1-4