3285 Boardwalk, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 48108, United States
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Ann Arbor

Great live music all day by a popular band!Great live music all day by a popular band!

Relaxing at the hotelRelaxing at the hotel

Winter in Ann ArborWinter in Ann Arbor

University of MichiganUniversity of Michigan

Game Tickets

by orlandoglobetrotter

I'm going to be in Detroit during the weekend of the Michigan/Penn State game. I've never been to a Michigan home game but, being from Florida, I've been to Florida home games. Even at the big games here in Florida, there are usually people around the stadium selling tickets and the closer it gets to kickoff time, it's amazing how the tickets can get cheaper in a hurry. I would assume that, with the biggest stadium in the NCAA, there are a large number of people selling tickets near the stadium. If I were to drive over from Detroit that Saturday, what are my chances of getting tickets if I don't already have them and what kind of price should I expect to pay?

by KalamazooJohn

Until 5 years ago, I delivered mail in Ann Arbor, and the stadium was on my route. During those years, there were dozens of people hawking tickets on the street at every game. If it was not to be such a hot game, often tickets were nearly free after kickoff. If no legal challeneges have stopped the practice in the past 5 years, tickets will be readily available. I moved from Ann Arbor two months ago.

by bpritts

I agree with KalamazooJohn's note. If the game is OSU or MSU then tickets are probably not available without a 3 figure payment; but for most other games you can get them. If you really want to go, go to State Street between Hill and Packard - there are often scalpers there. Depending on how determined you are to see the game, you could stay right outside the stadium and wait until kickoff; as KalamazooJohn says, you might get tix for free, especially single tickets.

Best of luck.
Brad

by orlandoglobetrotter

I appreciate the recent post. Even though I was supposed to go last year, I didn't get to go. So, even though it normally would have been "too late" this post will actually end up being helpful as I'm planning on doing it this year instead. I really appreciate the specificity about where to go start looking (the street corner). That's good stuff...

Travel Tips for Ann Arbor

You must visit downtown. It is...

by Kbird009

You must visit downtown. It is really quaint and great shopping. I had a great time playing waterpolo in the university of michigan pool. I also played in the Ann Arbor High School pool. That was an experience i will never forget. I loved being there with so many different people from all around the world for the Junior Olympics National Waterpolo Tournament.

Sure the Arb is beautiful but try other parks!

by julieuzi

Go for walks in any one of Ann Arbors parks. One of my favorite places to take a quiet stroll is at the end of Island Drive. The address is:
1450 Island Drive

For other parks in the area goto the City of Ann Arbor Parks and Rec site listed below.

p.s. My Island Drive Walk has parking available.

I can't pick just one, so I'll...

by viaggiatore

I can't pick just one, so I'll go with three: The Moveable Feast, D'Amato's, and the Lord Fox.
The Moveable Feast is definitely the best meal in town. It's great for dinner with a loved one, but bear in mind that it's also expensive - valet parking in front (practically unheard of in downtown Ann Arbor) should tip you off to that. But at the same time, each meal I've had there has been worth every penny.

D'Amato's is easier on the wallet, but still great for the tastebuds. Wonderful Italian cooking (although with American-sized portions), a good wine list, and a quiet, intimate atmosphere.

The Lord Fox isn't in Ann Arbor proper, but rather in Dixboro, an outlying village to the northeast. What little there is of Dixboro is warm and charming, and the Lord Fox is no exception. The food is fantastic, they have a good wine list, and in the summer you can enjoy your meal seated outside enjoying the scenery. Absolutely anything. These are three restaurants you simply can't go wrong at. Every single item is good - the chefs rotate the menu seasonally and based upon the freshness of ingredients. I should make a special note that the tableside caesar salad at the Lord Fox is amazing... a must-try.

My weakness...is good bread.

by julieuzi about Zingerman's Deli

Zingerman's is the place to go in Ann Arbor for a $10 sandwich. Hey! It comes with a pickle. ;)

Besides having a great deli from which to choose your lunch it has tasty treats of all styles...gormet cheeses, olive oils, butters and jams to go with your choice of fresh loaves of bread. For those of you with a sweettooth they also have sweeter baked goods. Cup of Borscht and a nosher sandwich.

Walking around campus

by tiffm

University of Michigan is one of the largest public institutions in the US and is very highly regarded, both in academics and athlethics, Some great places to walk around and explore are State Street, The Diag, and the Law Quad. Just ask anyone who looks like a student where the places are.

Comments