50 Capital Ave Sw, Battle Creek, MI 49017

McCamlyPlaza.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

• Credit card abuse

Was placed on same floor with numerous small children who constantly ran the halls and slam doors throughout the day and evening. At check-in, the desk person was the coldest and unfriendliest person I've ever encounter at a hotel. Having prepaid for my stay, I discovered several odd charges (less than $30 one day and $100+ another day) to my credit card when I returned home. Speaking with the hotel's HR person, I was told the charges were "random" amounts that the bank selects to hold for incidental charges. I knew this was BS, but I didn't argue. I confirmed with my bank that the hotel sets the amount, not the bank. I truly believe that this hotel has some serious issues with their staff and how they conduct business. I suggest that you monitor your credit card often after you leaving this hotel. Something is seriously wrong and they will not admit their ineptness or apologize. Its still too early to see if all the charges has been credited on my card.

Unique Quality: Our room had been recently updated, bed and furnishing were comfortable. However, there was no table and only one chair. Using room service mandated that we eat our meal in bed. This is NOT a four or three star hotel. its' appearance is quite deceiving. Hotel is in a convenient location, small valet parking area; self parking is off property and a good walk, only cash taken. No assistance with baggage and very sparse space for vehicles while checking in. Suggest that you inquire before booking if there will be any major events or activities scheduled during your stay, otherwise you may find your stay less than comfortable. I believe hotel should get a two and a half stars. at best: (3 stars for only the updated rooms / 3+ stars for location / 0 star for staff & billing / 2 stars for amenities. Will not return or recommend this hotel.

Directions: Located in the downtown area of Battle Creek adjacent to the Kellogg Institute and near their indoor family water park. No shopping nearby of any kind, no hotel store for incidentals.

• spartan's Profile Photo

Nice full-service hotel

Located in downtown Battle Creek, this is a nice hotel with all of the amenities that you will need for a comfortable stay.

Unique Quality: Please note that they have the monopoly on attractions in the area, so their prices may be a little high.

Comments