Courtyard By Marriott Benton Harbor

Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Benton Harbor

short stop.... any suggestions

by davecallahan

we will be stopping in Benton harbor area for half-a-day in June on our way from Detroit to Chicago.
Only thing I could find interesting in the brochures was Pear Mill in Buchanan and an Emu Farm in Glendora. both are reasonable excursions from Benton Harbor but does anyone know whether they are worth the travel time?
are there any other sights we might spend a few hours seeing in the area?

we are into museums and nature (bird watching for example) and unusual things (like the emu farm). not much into nightlife/clubs or drinking .

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

RE: short stop.... any suggestions

by dtownkitty

What about visiting Grand Haven? It will be a very nice time of year to visit there. Its a cute town right on the lake. Holland, too.

RE: short stop.... any suggestions

by davecallahan

to Dtown....

good ideas about Grand Haven.... they have lighthouse and bicycle museum that look good BUT... we'll be coming along I-94 hitting battlecreek and kalamazoo sights as we go. so the 40 minute drive up to grand haven and 40 minutes back again sort of chews up most of the 4 hours we have left to sight see...

i was really looking more along the lines of interesting things near I-94

RE: RE: short stop.... any suggestions

by dtownkitty

Maybe the Meijer sculpture garden??? I haven't been there myself but i've heard its nice. Its in Grand Rapids. Or try the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo. http://www.airzoo.org/

by Anote

Hey about short stop before the city of big shoulder. Try 2 well known destinations - The city of David and Mary or the nature center not to far away. All conveniently located from I-94

by Anote

Hey, about short stop before the city of big shoulder. Try 2 well known destinations - The city of David and Mary or the nature center not to far away. All conveniently located from I-94

by Anote

Hey, about short stop before the city of big shoulders. Try 2 well known destinations - The city of David and Mary or the nature center not to far away. All conveniently located from I-94

by Anote

Hey, about short stop before the city of big shoulders. Try 2 well known destinations - The city of David and Mary or the nature center not too far away. All conveniently located from I-94

Comments