12112 S Beyer Rd, Birch Run, MI 48415
CountryInns.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about Birch Run

The Oink Joint DinerThe Oink Joint Diner

Onion RingsOnion Rings

Liz gives her look of disgustLiz gives her look of disgust

Travel Tips for Birch Run

We Came for the B.L.T

by cjg1

The idea of travelling to Birch Run began with a show called "Sandwich Paradise". The program showcased what they thought were some of the best sandwiches across the United States. Tony's in Birch Run was featured as having a B.L.T. that was so large it had a full pound of bacon on the sandwich. This sandwich wowed me and I convinced Liz that we should travel to Michigan to see this for ourselves.

We were doing a road trip weekend anyway covering three states during our weekend (Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan). Michigan was our second stop and Tony's was our dinner plan.

When we first walked into Tony's we tried to have an open mind. The place looked like a dive and I knew from Liz's face she was not thrilled. The menu was a bit interesting; listing chili as the only soup. I didn't think Chili was a soup but hey it's Michigan. I ordered my B.L.T and Liz ordered a Grilled cheese sandwich.

The B.L.T. looked promising when it arrived but was not good. I didn't think anyone could possibly ruin bacon but they sure did. Liz's grilled cheese was two large pieces of greasey bread with unmelted cheese in between. She took one look and was not even attempting to eat it.

Even though we left Tony's hungry and dissapointed we had some laughs. The customers were definitely "colorful' and the staff was "interesting".....I'm trying not to be rude in my descriptons but it was sort of a freak show. We left with hungry bellies but full of laughs.

Comments