1200 St Antoine Street, Detroit, Michigan, 48226, United States
Travelocity Expedia.com Orbitz.com

More about Greektown Casino Hotel

Nightlife in Motown

by BrianMotown about Greektown

Detroit's Greektown neighborhood is dotted with stores and restaurant's on downtown's eastern edge. There is a large casino within the block. Greektown is safe and should be visited while in Detroit.

Classy, high-end hotel, for the price of a budget hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member PandBBear

After reading tons of bad reviews about this hotel I was a bit worried at check-in. We were able to make a reservation last minute during the Final Four weekend. The hotel was beautiful! The rooms were gorgeous. The staff was extremely nice. The casino was okay. The restaurant on the 3rd floor was amazing! My husband and I really enjoyed our stay! We'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Security

by TripAdvisor Member DetroitAce

I guess I can't complain too much the room was free but there was a few things that really botherd me about my stay. First of all one expects there to be the ut most security when they stay at a hotel.When my husband and I left our room for a few hours of gambeling some one entered our room sat around on our bed and were probly using the phone which was sitting right there. The bed was in pristene condition when we left and never had been sat on! That made me nervouse. The second incident hapened the second day of our stay. My husband and I had our do NOT DISTURB sign on the door as we were napping for another night of gambeling. Suddenly there was an urgent knocking at the door (not a polite tap) urging us to open the door. It was the mini bar police wanting to take inventory. I only took one Seira Mist out! She claimed I took more then realized it got moved. THEN when we checked out Greek Town Hotel still tried to charge us for it ! The room was very clean but there is no bath tub only a shower which disapointed me as I am a bath person. The furniture is cheap and the decor reminded me of a 12 yr old boys bedroom. I thought they would put thids hotel togather with a touch of class but instead it looks like something a teen would decorate. I would say if your to drunk to drive home its a great place to stay!

Very very nice..............

by TripAdvisor Member Amerellis

We just got back from a two day free offer my husband received in the mail. I read some of the other reviews and feel I have to comment. First, I have to agree that security did seem to be absent. When I came up from gambling late at nite there was no secutity near the elevators like there is at Motor City. But you do have to use a room key in the elevators and maybe they have cameras all over the place. Maybe it is just that they are still new and need to have us all complain. Next I have to agree with the person who said that the restaurant in the hotel was wonderful, it was very nice and we used our comps there. We ate dinner there and my husband had a stuffed checken breast and I had ribs. Then we had breakfast which was very nice and opened at 6 am for us early risers. There didn't seem to be very many people yet in this restaurant but I assume it is because most people don't know it is there. They offer a simple breakfast buffet for 9.99 that my husband had and it was very nice, I like simple and fresh. We had a small corner room with windows on both sides with a nice view. We could see the river. I thought the room was lovely and very efficent. It is decorated in retro style which maybe some people aren't used to yet. I noticed one woman said it was cheap but I thought the opposite. I did think that the room that we had could have used two accent chairs or at least two chairs that we could both use to eat our breakfast at the desk on. I felt the room was more set up for one person than two persons but then of course what do you want for free, right? :) Overall, it was a lovely stay. I love Greektown and I love the vacation destination feel of Greektown. They have lots of fun slots, wonderfrul food and it is only an hour from where we live. I am sorry that the man who reviewed this casino and had such a bad experience said not to come there. I would have been upset like him if I couldn't get into the rooms but I would have been thrilled that they ended up comping the rooms.; Whenever we are dealing with new places we have to expect lots of gliches and I suspect that glitches are responsible for your poor experience. I hope you will give them another try. I would surely go again but be careful that if you stay for two nights that you make your money last and not spend it all on the first afternoon.

Really liked this hotel but was skeptical after reading other reviews!

by TripAdvisor Member Pina Colada5

Loved the location in Greektown. The hotel was great, we were on the 26th floor, room was fantastic, very clean and comfortable. The only thing was the fridge with the blue lite which we just put a towel over it and put the office chair infront to block it in the middle of the nite. The staff was prompt to deliver extra towels and helpful with directions. Really liked this hotel!

Great rooms, but this hotel has the worst service.

by TripAdvisor Member mpsvsu

Let me start by saying I'm not one of those people that expects to be treated like a king every time I walk into a hotel.
That being said, this was the absolute worst hotel experience I've ever had, and probably ever will have.

Here are the reasons:
- I booked my room 2 days in advance. Me and 2 other friends. Check-in time was at 3pm. I finally got my room at 10pm. That's not a typo. 10pm! What happened was a city bus full of guests decided to show up unannounced and the hotel decided to give them my room and 20 other people's rooms. There were some very angry people in the lobby waiting for their hotel rooms. What amazed me about this situation is that the front desk worker, Jason, just finished telling us a story about how the hotel deliberately over-booked their rooms a month earlier and people were left without a room. So, apparently, taking your money and not giving you a room is common at this hotel.

-I reserved a room with 2 Queen beds. All they 'had left' was a king size bed, and offered me a roll-away to put in the room. The room wasn't big enough to accommodate a rollaway.

-When we finally got our rooms, the elevators stopped working so we had to take the stairs to our 29th-floor room. Again, this is not a typo. We walked up 29 flights of stairs with our luggage!

-When we got to our rooms the front desk called and said they found a room with 2 double beds. They weren't the queen sized beds we asked for, but it was better than having 3 friends of the same gender sleep in the same bed.

-The next morning I called the front desk to ask them about the 'complimentary breakfast' for hotel guests they advertise. They said it was at the 3rd-floor restaurant. It was called "Station 555," something like that. The people at the restaurant said they had no idea what I was talking about and that the hotel does not offer complimentary breakfast. I went to the front desk to ask them what the deal was, and they said "oh, I thought you were with the big group that arrived on the city bus last night." I asked her why she assumed I was a part of that group and she didn't have an answer for me.

-I was hoping the hotel could do something for us because of our trouble. The main person we were dealing with at the front desk, Jason, said he would put a note on our account and the manager would give us credits when we checked out the next morning. Sure enough, when I went to check out the next morning I got a blank stare from the person at the front desk. They called the manager over and explained the issues we had to deal with the night before. He basically told us to take a walk. Nothing. No credit for future hotel stays or anything. Keep in mind every communication I had with the front desk to that point were cordial and well-meaning.

I will never come back to this hotel. There are far better options in Detroit. They have nice new rooms and the hotel is conveniently located to local bars and Comerica Park, but in the hotel industry, service is king, and I was amazed at the level of horrible service. If you book a room at this hotel, you better pray more 'preferred' customer don't show up, because your room will be given away.

Fantastic Hotel right in the Heart of Detroit

by TripAdvisor Member 2009NewlyWeds

My wife and I made our way from the suburbs for our first overnight stay in Detroit at the Greek Town Casino Hotel. We were impressed from the time we walked in the doorway. It has a very beautiful and open lobby. They asked where we would like to stay and they gave us a room on the 30th floor... at the top. We were facing the South side and could see all of the sky scrapers, Comerica Park, Ford Field, The Ren Cen, and an overall amazing view of Detroit.

The room included a flat screen plasma, beautiful wood finished bathroom, a comfortable king sized bed and a nice desk. The artwork on the walls matched the sleekness of the building from the outside.

We did not use room service or any other services so we are not able to comment on the service besides the check in and check out, which was flawless.

I recommend taking a stroll outside to Hart Plaza, Campus Martias, the Ren Cen and booking this for a place to stay after a Tigers ball game. As for food, we didn't eat at the actual restaurant but did get dinner at the Casino's international buffet which I thought was glorified cafeteria food.

The only Con we found was that there was no pool at the hotel. Maybe getting a Jacuzzi room is worth the extra dough because of this.

Nice hotel. Great location.

by TripAdvisor Member tp-mich

My wife and I stayed at Greektown for a friend's wedding. Overall we really liked the hotel, especially for the low price we paid. The standard rooms are a little on the small side, but they have some really nice amenities and modern decor. They feature 42" LCD televisions, floor-to-ceiling windows, and comfortable bedding. The location of the hotel is great, close to all of the great restaurants in Greektown. I thought the customer service was pretty good for the most part. Overall, I would recommend Greektown for anyone who wants a nice hotel and convenient location in Detroit.

Beautiful room, great location

by TripAdvisor Member clsbend

What a big, gorgeous room. Big TV on the wall, huge floor-to-ceiling window, cool set-up in bathroom, with toilet and shower separate from sink and with great toiletries. A security guard occasionally strolled down the hall, and it all felt safe.

When we checked out, the desk clerk printed out mapquest directions to easily get us out of town.

We had never been here before, but got the $99 per night deal and each received $10 bonus cash. Also, you can easily walk to one of the many restaurants nearby.

Nice but???

by TripAdvisor Member crazygirls

Rooms were very nice but we had a room on the 28th floor facing the downtown.All we could hear after 10 pm is the sound of the bass of music which was very loud .We found out the next day it was from a club across the street and we could hear the music on the 28th floor! Next time ask for the river view.We also didn't know their are 2 floors to the casino we we thought one.We'd stay again but away from the music.

IN THE TERMINALIN THE TERMINAL

Views of WindsorViews of Windsor

People Mover StationPeople Mover Station

Mariners' ChurchMariners' Church

Belle Isle, Detroit

by JonPorter

Hello... I got some more questions about Belle Isle, Is it a safe place to visit on the weekends or at night in the summer? What about week days? Do alot of shady people hang out on the island?, like thugs, homeless people & drug addicts? Is there a certain area of the island that is best to avoid? Is there public pay phones by the Jefferson Ave. E. & Grand Blvd. E. area or on the island?

Re: Belle Isle, Detroit

by bilgeez

I wouldn´t go there at night at any time of the year. During the day it´s OK, but I wouldn´t go near the woods on the north end, it´s somewhat isolated and who knows who is hanging out there. Not many street people bother to go to Belle Isle because they have to walk over the bridge and that is too much of a hassle. I´ve never been bothered by beggars there, but I would watch out for gangstas. There may be pay phones on the island, but I doubt they work, they usually are vandalized and not repaired very quickly, if at all. Payphones have pretty much disappeared in the Detroit area for that reason, plus almost everyone has a cell phone nowadays. There are some restaurants and strip malls near the MacArthur Bridge on the City side that may have pay phones. What do you need to know that for? Don´t you have a cell phone? Or are you doing something illegal and don´t want to leave an easily tracable trail?

Comments