2501 Worldgateway Place, Detroit, Michigan, 48242, United States

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• bookworm101's Profile Photo

Any place else must be better!

Traveling with my mother on a morning flight, so decided to stay at the Westin at DTW.
    Chipped furniture, one robe (although charged for 2 guests), leaky paper cups.
    Since it is on the pricey side, I recommend that you look elsewhere.

Directions: Adjacent to airport. Has security entrance to airport (don't use if you plan to check bags).

More about The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport

Relaxin stay

by TripAdvisor Member Aurora100

I stayed here for one night during a business trip to the Midwest. I liked the hotel-very relaxing, soothing atmosphere. As typical for Westins, great bed and showers and decent hotel gym.

Restaurant has great food, but quite pricey. Ok if you're on an expense account.

My only complaint is that my room faced the atrium, which made it sort of dark during the day. Didn't matter at night.

I will plan on staying here on my next trip to Detroit!

Very pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member kimbs

I stayed here for one night and found the hotel to be very comfortable and convenient. The reception area is very stylish and well maintained. Check in went very smoothly. My luggage arrived promptly within 15 minutes of check in. The service at the restaurant was very quick and the food was excellent. The "heavenly bed" was just what I needed after my long flight from the UK and the "heavenly shower" was exactly what I needed to wake up for my early morning flight. The bellman was very friendly and carried my luggage to the check in desk inside the airport.

Overall, clean, reasonably priced ($99) and relaxing hotel.

I will certainly be staying here again in the near future.

Truly heavenly beds at the Westin

by TripAdvisor Member curlycat

We stayed twice at the Westin - once the day we arrived into Detroit and once the day we were leaving. This hotel is brilliant for relieving the stress and weariness of air travel. The beds were the most comfortable I had ever slept in and the shower was brilliant. The first time we stayed we had a room looking out onto the airport and I much preferred that. There was no noise at all, an interesting view and some daylight! This was my only problem with this hotel - it was difficult to see daylight - everything was very dim and I think you could probably have a whole stay there without seeing the sky. The second time we stayed we had an inside room, looking over the lobby. The room and beds and shower were still all brilliant, but I much preferred the outside room. Service was very good and the food excellent, although expensive. Lesson - do not use your room phone to make even a short international call - I was charged about $25 for less than 2 minutes!

Very solid hotel, but not close to downtown

by TripAdvisor Member MasterGee

This property is attached to the Detroit airport - convenient if you have an early morning flight, but not so convenient if you need or want to be downtown. The rooms are very comfortable (i love Westin's heavenly bed), the ambiance is very relaxing, staff is helpful, and wi-fi access works well. A great place to relax and get some z's before jetting back home.

Detroit Metro Westin

by TripAdvisor Member NMU_mom

Stayed at the Westin prior to our son flying to NYC on an early flight. Beautiful lobby area and very friendly staff. Room was adquate for our needs but the level of cleanliness of the room could be questioned. The bed and bath were wonderful but the carpet appeared to have not been recently vacuumed. Prior to registering we had dinner off the premises but found the late-night snack desire to be difficult to solve without spending an outrageous amount of money on the food with the in-room snack bar or room service. There are not any vending machines nor walk-in shops to purchase a candy bar, chips or soda. A little shop opened at 6am and we were able to obtain a light breakfast of bagels. Of course, once the traveler enters the terminal, there are many choices. The restaurant and lounge appeared lovely but not what we really wanted at that time of the evening. The hotel was quiet and very convenient for us. We would stay again but would come prepared with more for the late night cravings.

Wonderful stay

by TripAdvisor Member Mdep

Not a thing to complain about. Room was ready, cool, comfortable and quiet. The heavenly bed worked for me, all I remember is the alarm clock going off. In room Starbucks made for a snappy wake-up. The shower head has two nozzles so you get wet evenly from head to toe, and a curved shower curtain rod so you don't end up wearing the curtain like an evening gown. (I hate that). Didn't try the restaurant or 24 hr room service. If you're traveling on Northwest, you've got it made - the hotel has its own TSA lane. I was on Spirit, so I had to take a shuttle bus (every 15 mins) a long way to the LC Smith terminal (nearly 10 mins - leave time for this.)

An oasis

by TripAdvisor Member Sweetpotater

My layover turned into an overnight when my flight home was canceled, and I was dreading taking a shuttle to a dumpy hotel to spend the next 20 hours. Then, two gates from my own, I saw a Westin sign! I followed the hallway and right there, in the airport, was an attractive hotel with beautiful water features and bamboo and calming dim lights. At $119, I stayed right where I was.

My room was comfortable -- the king-sized, well-pillowed bed reminded me of W Hotels we've stayed in. The hotel was very accommodating to us weather-stuck travelers, giving us free in-room movies and free internet. (The "business center" is two terminals in the gift shop.) The gift shop had the underwear and reasonably priced t-shirt I needed, and I ordered a massage in my room! It was great. The tub was deep and clean and nice.

Everything was really great. I had appetizers and cocktails at the bar -- everything was quality. What started off as a huge inconvenience wound up a nice little retreat.

A Great Airport Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member pleasantpeninsula

Although it should be obvious, please note that this is a hotel at the Detroit Airport. It is not convenient to anything else you might want to see or do in Detroit. This is not meant as a criticism, but is something you should know if you are not familiar with Detroit.

Now, about the Hotel: this is absolutely the best Airport hotel we have ever stayed at--and we have stayed at a bunch of them in over 30 years of traveling. We live in Michigan, so we know the Detroit area and the Detroit Airport very well. The only downside we can see is cost. There are cheaper places to stay at the Airport. We had a "Park and Fly" package, which included 8 nights of Valet parking. We felt the total package price was very reasonable and a good value, given the quality of the Hotel and it's very convenient location. If you are considering this package, know that you need to book it in advance. When we arrived there was a sign at the hotel entrance saying, "Valet Parking Full". Since we had reservations which included parking, they had saved room for us. Otherwise, we would have had to find parking on our own.

The Hotel is new, clean, and in good condition. As has been mentioned before, it has nice public areas.
Our reservations were in order and check-in was quick and efficient. Our room was clean and comfortable. The "heavenly" beds were indeed heavenly, so we slept well. Our room was on the runway side of the hotel, so we did hear some take-off noise, but not enough to keep us from going to sleep or to wake us up during the night.

We were up at 0700 the next morning for our flight. The restaurant was open, but not the coffee shop. There was a coffee maker in the room, so we had coffee in our room.

There is a TSA security checkpoint at the hotel, which was very convenient and not too busy. I would warn you that it is not open 24 hours a day--you might want to check it's hours if you are leaving early or late. However, you can not check-in your luggage for your flight at the hotel. You have to go to your airline's check-in. We were flying Northwest (which is adjacent to the hotel) but which is still inconvenient if you have much luggage. A hotel porter helped us take the luggage all the way to the check-in, but be sure you leave enough time. Checkout from the hotel was fast and efficient.

Upon our return we used a Skycap to help us with our luggage. If you have much luggage, you might want to consider this. The baggage claim is on the lower level, while the hotel is on the upper level and (again) some distance from the baggage claim. The Skycap was able to telephone the hotel and have the parking valet bring our car, so it was waiting for us when we got there. That worked out really well.

We can't comment on the restaurant or any of the hotel's other facilities since we didn't use them.
The staff we encountered were all pleasant and helpful. When we fly from Detroit we almost always drive down the night before and stay at the airport. Unless things change, the Westin will be our only choice for a hotel.

Wonderful for a night's stay

by TripAdvisor Member haji

If you need to overnight at the airport to catch a flight or arrive in town late, this hotel is a great choice. It is attached to the main terminal and you can catch a 24 hour airport shuttle to/from the second terminal as well. You can check-in and pass security directly from the hotel for certain airlines. The lobby decor is an exceptional feng shui theme. There is a restaurant in the hotel as well. The rooms were very clean and very comfortable. I was worried about airplane noise, but I never heard a single one while I was in my room. The staff is very polite and the service is great.

Comments