Holiday Inn Gateway Centre

IHG Priceline.com Travelocity

Travel Tips for Flint

guybert's new Flint page

by guybert

"Went through Flint in the summer of 93!"

Actually without trying to insult anyone that lives there, the impression that I got from staying there one night as we were passing through is not a very good one. It started out that we got to a Motel 6 and as I payed for the room, the receptionist at the desk gave me the carbon copies after passing the card through & advised me that I should destroy them promply. We get to the room & their was a large sign in front of every door advising you to make sure you do not leave anything in your vehicle overnight. As you get in the room & close the door, they have another large sign on the inside of the door advising you to lock & chain the door once you get in.
We also went to a department store down the street and realized that we were the only (white) folks in their. I had to show an arms lenght of ID to cash a travellers check for what we were buying. We then got out of there & went to Pizza Hut for supper & they actually refused to let us pay for supper with a travellers check. They advised they take CASH ONLY. I always thought that travellers checks were as good as cash? Well, between the two of us we got enough money together to pay for supper & headed back to the room for the night.
As you can probably tell, I hardly slept a wink that night & come morning I was sure glad to get the he.. out there! To this day, if anyone talks to me about Flint, I advise as far as I'm concerned, it's the ASHOLE of the world (as the saying goes).

P.S. I didn't take any pictures either.

---SORRY FOR ANYONE FROM FLINT THAT I MAY HAVE OFFENDED--I'm sure some of the people are very nice, but I'm not ever going to stop there again !!

Comments