Frankenmuth Hotels

• Dabs profile photo Dabs
  • Reviews: 4102

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Holiday Inn Express: Hotel in nearby Grand Blanc

On an October weekend when Frankenmuth is stuffed to the gills with visitors, I checked most of the hotels in Frankenmuth and they either didn't have availability or they wouldn't just let you stay for one night. I asked on a travel board if it was safe to stay near Flint and they advised against the ones at exit 117B off I 75 and suggested that I look in Grand Blanc or at the Hill Road exit. I found the Holiday Inn Express for $79 plus tax by booking a prepaid room. I probably could have gotten it cheaper if I had used Priceline.

The only downside is that we had to back track 8 or 10 miles in the opposite direction from Frankenmuth but that was just a minor inconvenience.

This seems to be a brand new hotel so everything was shiny and new. We were very pleased with our room, a comfortable king sized bed, a flat screen TV with cable. We didn't hear any noise in our room although my sister in law said she had some noisy kids next door to her.

The bathroom had a hair dryer, toiletries included shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap. The towels were large and thick, the water pressure was fine.

There's an indoor pool and a small fitness room with 4 or 5 stationary bikes and treadmills.

A contintental breakfast is included in the rate, juice, tea, coffe, cereal, fruit, toast, bagels, cinnamon rolls and donuts. There was internet access in the breakfast room.

• Opinion of Price: about average