Khardomah Lodge

Satisfaction Average

More about Grand Haven

Grand Haven LightsGrand Haven Lights

US 31 - Bridge Tender's TowerUS 31 - Bridge Tender's Tower

1946 Auto Box Car (57,000 lbs)1946 Auto Box Car (57,000 lbs)

Water & Coal TenderWater & Coal Tender

How to travel from Nashville,MI to Grand Haven and back?

by like1

I would like to know whether there is any public transportation from Nashville, Michigan to Grand Haven and from Grand Haven to Nashville, MI? Which public transportation to take and from where?
I can not drive.
How can I get to Grand Haven from Nashville,MI in the morning and back to Nashville,MI from Grand Haven at night(in the same day)?

by goodfish

Did a google on Greyhound bus routes and didn't come up with anything - and that would probably have been your best bet. My guess is that there isn't a public transit option.

by like1

If I have my friend drive me to Greyhound station at Battle Creek, and I take Greyhound bus to either Grand Rapids or Muskegon. My question is are there any public bus from Grand Rapids to Grand Haven, or from Muskegon to Grand Haven?
How can I travel from Grand Rapids to Grand Haven? and How can I travel from Muskegon to Grand Haven? and the other way around?

by goodfish

Not sure - I don't know what day or time you're traveling.

Here's the Greyhound website - perhaps you could do a search for routes on whatever day/time you need to travel?

Travel Tips for Grand Haven

Grand Haven, MI --- Our Home

by Terry&Carol

We grew up near Fremont, MI in Reeman. After college I went to work in South Bend, IN at Bendix working on aircraft landing gear, wheels and brakes.

We decided to move back to Michigan. We had been considering moving to Muskegon. Since one of the fellows who worked with me was familiar with Muskegon, I asked him where a good place to live in Muskegon was. With a big smile, he said without hesitation, Grand Haven. Of course he had grown up in Grand Haven.

When we started to look around GH, it reminded us of Fremont near where we had grown up. It had a small town feel even though it was larger than Fremont.

Grand Haven

by Newter

I didn't grow up here for the majority of my life. However, I moved to Grand Haven about four years ago. I wanted a more laid back setting and to, sort of, distance myself from the town I work in (Grand Rapids). If you ever have the opportunity to visit Grand Haven, do so in the summer time, preferably between July and September. The beach, especially at the Grand Haven state park, usually produces thousands of good looking people, most of which, have an open mind for fun. The boats (Grand Haven is Coast Gaurd USA) that float through this neck of the woods aren't your typical bass boats. Most of the boats that run around Lake Michigan during the summer are more like two story houses on water (usually with a chef on board). Just to witness the wild amount of wealth in this area of Michigan during the summer months is amazing. From the cars to the boats to the clothes, to a four hundred dollar sweater with a "Grand Haven" logo printed on it (from one of the inexpensive gift stores in Grand Haven), we've got it all. I must admit, as a full time resident, the tourists get to be much. But it sure beats the winter, because anywhere between 1/2" to 12" of snow can drop in a night's notice. In the summer, bring your boat. In the winter, bring seven layers of clothes, a snowmobile & a good cell phone.

Rosy Mound Walk - Lake Michigan and Return

by Toughluck

"Lake Michigan & Grand Haven Lights"

"Wind off the Lake"

"Fungi, life of all types takes hold"

"Skeletons"

Was this a tree that grew in the 'blow out' then died? or more likely, it existed even before the sand dune that is being blowen away. Even in death, there is a resurrection of sort. New life grows from the stable soils around the roots of this ancient.

"The Return - are you ready?"

"Heading home."

Trail across the top of the dune,

Comments