Howard Johnson Grand Rapids

Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Grand Rapids

montes loungemontes lounge

Outbuildings on the farmOutbuildings on the farm

Taps - PatioTaps - Patio

Meyer May HouseMeyer May House

Travel Tips for Grand Rapids

Visit the fish ladder. My...

by sinphara

Visit the fish ladder. My mother would always take guests to see the fish ladder, and it became a tradition. For dinner, Pietro's is the place to eat! Front door or Back door, the two separate atmospheres give you casual or fine dining. I miss driving the morning after a light snow, when there is about 2 inches of snow standing on even the smallest branches of trees. I also miss walking down a side walk with the light ice crunching beneath my feet.

Me personally? My favorite...

by ryguy28896

Me personally? My favorite restaurant in town is Outback Steakhouse. But that's just me. I know it's an Australian restaurant, but I still like it. A lot.
Just the atmosphere of the place is good in quality. The service is good, too, I don't have a favorite menu item. They're all pretty good. Especially the chicken/poultry by-products.

Meijer Gardens Butterfly House

by AIMEZTAVIE

"Catch Me if You Can"

Meijer Gardens is a botanical garden located outside of Grand Rapids, MI. There is an entrance fee, but they host special events like sleigh rides in the winter and art in the park events when it's warm. Every spring they open their Butterfly House. Thousands of butterflies are let loose to fly throughout the conservatory and you're free to wander through and see them all. Even if outside is cold and snowy, inside is hot and humid, so dress appropriately or you'll be too hot.

"You don't have to be a scientist to appreciate"

Even if you don't know anything about butterflies, you know how rare it is to get this close to them.

"Around every corner"

Imagine something like this every time you turned around! I took my 5 year old nephew and he was spotting them 4 and 5 at a time.

Amy's Life

by 3.aburton

Hi! Welcome. I've lived in G.R for 9 years now. Though I grew up near Chicago, I came here for college and stayed! I've taught 5th grade, library, and now I teach middle school literature and drama. Books are my passion, and I love the theater, so this is a perfect job for me. I also love traveling, and I take off for a new destination every chance I get. Two summers ago I backpacked Europe for a month, hitting Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France and England. It was the trip of a lifetime. I've also enjoyed other vacations, and you can read more about them on my pages! (The picture on this page is my mom and me just before I took off for London.)

Comments