SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast

Wow!!Wow!!

Entrance to Frederik Meijer GardenEntrance to Frederik Meijer Garden

Ariel View of G.RAriel View of G.R

Mom and Me in ChicagoMom and Me in Chicago

mini-VT meet, May 3rd anyone?

by dracko

HI, folks! I'll be in Grand Rapids the weekend of May 3rd. Anyone local interested in a mini-VT meet that Sat. afternoon? I was thinking a lunch or something with the local members.. Anybody up for that?

-Roman.

Re: mini-VT meet, May 3rd anyone?

by Kodi01

Hi Roman,

I have one planned for July....

by dracko

Yeah, I remember! Unfortunately, it now looks like I won't be able to make that one. :(

by Kodi01

I might not either...lol

I will ask my friend in GR if she wants to meet you, not sure she reads the forum..

Have fun in GR! My hometown!

by dracko

Sounds like a plan! My sister lives there, so I end up visiting once or twice a year :-) It's a nice town, if a bit quiet from what I've seen so far. Who knows, we might run into each other yet.

Travel Tips for Grand Rapids

When here, you absolutely must...

by ryguy28896

When here, you absolutely must try the restaurants. Out of everywhere I've been in the world, GR has the best restaurants. Detroit is the second best, but it's just too old-fashioned for me. Don't get me wrong, I like old-fashioned cars, but other than that, it's not my personal choice. Some of my first conscious memories are from when I first lived out here. I was just over a year old, our first house we bought in this city, and me and my brother went to pcik some flowers for my mom. They weren't wild flowers, mind you. They were fake, and in a flower basket just next to the patio door. Now, unbenownsed to us, my dad was right next to us taking a photo of the whole scene. That is the first and fondest memory I have.

Vitales

by hoser_71 about Vitales

I've been to a couple of the locations and they each have different atmospheres. The Leonard St. locaion has a personal feel while the Comstock Park locaiton is definately a sports bar.

I really like the Comstock Park location because they have numerous big screen tv's and are willing to show just about every game. The place is usually packed full of out-of-towners trying to watch their home teams play. I've spent many Sundays watching the Minnesota Vikings there. Their pizza is some of the best I've had. I crave it every so often and miss it when I'm on the road. The pizza is a regular hand tossed type of crust, and doesn't look spectacular, but they have just the right combination of ingredients

Laughs Heard Around the World

by KiKitC

"Clowns of America International Convention"

Again, it was a convention that prompted my trip to Grand Rapids, Michigan. We were there to attend an international clown convention, where the funniest people from around the world meet to share ideas and stories. I'd have more to tell about Grand Rapids, if I hadn't driven all the way there, just to get sick at the convention. I'm not saying I got bad food at a Mexican Restaurant (obviously, Grand Rapids needs Mexicans, as finding a good place seemed hopeless) but it could also have been the sick clowns from Spain, but I spent the second day of the convention sick, sick, sick. My husband had to drive me home (not fun driving 11 hours with a queasy stomach.

Comments