100 CLEAR VIEW, Houghton Lake, MI 48629
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Houghton Lake

Gone Fishing!Gone Fishing!

Typical Houghton Lake summer sky/water sceneTypical Houghton Lake summer sky/water scene

Rustic Fireplace at the PinesRustic Fireplace at the Pines

Janet & LoriJanet & Lori

Travel Tips for Houghton Lake

Wild Berry Picking

by janetanne

Before the white man came to Northern America, Indians roamed the forests and paddled along the crystal clear streams in their Birchbark Canoes. They left no plastic bags, nor did they carelessly burn down the forest. No chemicals floated on the surface of their waterways. They killed the wild game as they needed and used every part of the animal from the meat to the skin to the horns and bones. The wild berries in the forest gave them their vitamin C and anti-oxidant supplements without swallowing a pill from a plastic bottle.
Today, the forests are still miraculously covered with the same wild blueberries, June berries and currents. If you hike into the areas where the vines are thick along the forest floors, shaded by the tall Jack Pines, you may be lucky enough to find these delicious berries. Tread lightly and pick carefully not to damage the delicate skins and to take the berries whole.
Ask any local where the best berry picking can be found. If again, you are lucky, they might share their favourite spot with you.
Best time for Picking is Late July, Early August.
Best eating...blueberry pancakes and maple sirup.
Best drinking...wild berry wine!
Best recipe...ask my father Nick!

Houghton Lake a nice Central Michigan Town

by Waalewiener

"Seafood Buffet Monday Night Soaring Eagle Casino."

We went to central Michigan and we had a great visit with Janet (VT name janetanne) and also Janet's mom & dad and of course '' Max'' the Dog ,who btw gets very good tasting Dog food (ask Janet for details about this dog food )haha ,woof woof mmm yummy yummy dogfood is yummy ..
It was great ,Mount Pleasant is located in Central Michigan ,it is a 3 hour drive for us from Windsor Canada and we go there for a visit a few times each year .
They have a native Indian run Casino ,named the '' Soaring Eagle ''.
Also there is the University of Central Michigan located here ,it is a nice town and a lovely area to visit .
Now Janet's parents live about one hour north of Mount Pleasant and that area
is real nice with a good size Lake called '' Houghton Lake ''.
Janet came to meet us at the Casino in Mount Pleasant and she had never been there and she loved the '' Indian Art '' displayed in this Casino .
The girls went shopping ,Hansi went Ching Ching in the Casino and the girls
did a little ching ching after our wonderfful Seafood buffet .
The next day we drove to Houghton Lake ,had a great visit with Janet and her parents .
We had lunch & Dinner at Janet's parent's house and it was a very ,very nice day and we made some great friends .
Janet ,Lori & I like to thank you and your parents for your wonderful hospitality .
I hope and I think we will meet again.

Lori & Hansi

"Group picture at the back Patio of the house ."

This is Janet, & Janet's Mom & Dad ,Lori & Hansi and yes Max .
Max has great taste in Dog Food I know that for a fact .
Oh BTW That coat Lori is wearing is not Lori''s coat .
Janet bought that coat and Lori was trying it on and had it still on when I took the picture .

"We spend a wonderful day with Janet and Parents"

I hope and I think we will meet again.

A wonderful day with Janet & her Mom & Dad 5

by Waalewiener

Hi Janet & Margaret & Nick
These pictures I put here for you guys
I hope you like them
Once again
Thank you for your great hospitality that you gave us during our
visit with you