Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo East

Tags

Budget Travel Business Travel
See Amenities
Phlebas2's Profile Photo

Not too bad.. Just a little shabby

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 11, 2012

Overall the Fairfield has been my landing spot in Kalamazoo, when I find myself in town for business. I can't really think of any other reason to be in Kalamazoo.
It's not a bad hotel/motel for Kalamazoo standards. But a bit of a shock when you compare it to the prices and quality of Marriott Properties in other cities.
Too bad they don't enclose the pool.. It's useless 7 out of 12 months of the year.

Unique Quality: The place is a little odd, very 1980ish with external rooms on the first couple floors and "modernish" 3rd story addition internal hallway hotel floor stuck on the top. The lobby and dining area are recently updated, fairly attractive and functional.
Free breakfast with hot items and a free buffet style "dinner" is a nice touch,
helps you forget about the abandoned Waffle House in the parking lot,
and all the traffic noise from I-94.
The jacuzzi rooms are very dated, and apparently rarely used, but comfortable. the ground floor rooms are a little threadbare small and parking is a nightmare.
But all I've stayed in feature a microwave and minifridge.
Hey, it's not the Radisson.
Thankfully.

Directions: Sprinkle and East Cork, mearly yards from I-94.

Nice Stay

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 12, 2009

I was in Kalamazoo for three days and stayed at this hotel. For starters, the staff was great. A warm and friendly greeting when I checked in and the front desk staff was helpful when I needed directions to downtown. They also offer a nice dinner and breakfast. Very nice for someone on a budget. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Kalamazoo area.

Unique Quality: Complimentary dinner. Nice fitness center.

Nearby Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo East

• Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Kalamazoo Travel Forum

Need advice about Kalamazoo, Michigan? Visit the Travel Forum for Kalamazoo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kalamazoo hotel reviews