Motel 6 Kalamazoo

3704 Van Rick Rd, I-94 at Exit 80/Sprinkle Rd, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 49002, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• Very seedy

I have been staying at this Motel 6 over a dog show weekend in May for years. It's getting worse every year. The receptionist on duty when I checked in was sullen and unpleasant. I was given a room with an air conditioner that barely worked, and was missing its cover, and looked dirty and nasty. The light over one bed didn't work because the switch had been broken off. The other bed was made up with a bottom sheet which had a large square torn out of it, leaving a big open square hole, exposing the matthress pad and mattress - this right under one pillow. As if all of this was not enough, I discovered the carpet was wet in a large area around the bathroom, including the space between the bed and the wall. Needless to say I insisted on a room change. When leaving this room I checked underneath the beds and found trash from previous guests that had never been cleaned.
    The next room was a lot better, the only issue being no ice bucket or plastic glasses and a little bit of trash under the beds.
    The grounds are not well kept, and the Dumpster by the rooms was overflowing when I checked in on Thursday. By Sunday it was ridiculous.
    I would not recommend staying at this motel. I understand the Econolodge next door is quite a bit nicer and similar in price.

Unique Quality: I normally am quite satisfied with Motel 6s, and have only found two that are truly unacceptable. This is one of them.

Directions: Near I-75, Sprinkle Road exit