922 Delta Commerce Drive, Lansing, Michigan, 48917, United States

Lansing CapitalLansing Capital

capitol buildingcapitol building

"contraposto" pose"contraposto" pose

Travel Tips for Lansing

YOU MIGHT TRY HEADING TO OLD...

by MILLER2607

YOU MIGHT TRY HEADING TO OLD TOWN, THERE ARE A FEW UNIQUE SHOPS AND RESTAURANTS, CUBAN, MEXICAN, ETC..ITS ON THE NORTH SIDE OF LANSING OFF OF LARCH ST.
ALSO A GREAT PLACE FOR WALKING IS THE RIVERWALK TRAIL. YOU CAN GET TO IT FROM THE RIVERFRONT AREA ON GRAND, THAT HAS PICNIC AREAS AND LEADS YOU TO THE TRAIL AND YOU CAN FOLLOW IT FOR MILES, THRU THE CITY AND WOODS, BY THE ZOO, ITS GREAT FOR BIKING TOO. DOWNTOWN LANSING IS ALSO THE CITY MARKET. ITS GREAT FOR FRESH FRUIT AND SOME UNIQUE GIFTS AND YUMMY FOODS!

The "trap" town

by harry_waagosh

"Lansing Michigan Yikes"

I'm just kiddin' about the trap town. The only reason why I call it the trap town is because the locals like to say that once you live in Lansing, its hard to leave. Plus the fact that I use to live there and it makes the top list of my favorite places to travel.

I like Lansing for a number of reasons. First of all, Lansing is a unique town. It was built upon the automobile industry. Lansing is unique in several way's, first of all it was one of the capital centers for manufacturing. Yes, Lansing built Oldsmobile's, Cadillac's, Pontiac's, REO Speed wagon's and a number of other autos. Thanks to General Motors I am able to say that I was a part of this phenomenal culture, at least it was the hand that feed me growing up.

"From a Travelling perspective"

If you are able to make it to Lansing on a visit, in the summer, try to get down to Oldsmobile park. This gem is a must see. Why pay an outrageous price for a professional baseball ticket and support a minor league team that is based out of Toronto, Ontario. Every summer when I am back in the 'L' town I try to get down to the corner of Michigan Avenue and Cedar/Larch Street's. Check the schedules on their websites http://www.lansinglugnuts.com/ and this will give you some sort of clue.

"THE COMMON GROUND"

Oh I almost forgot to mention... DON'T MISS the COMMON GROUND FESTIVAL... It happens annually during the second week of JULY!!!
This is a must see event for all. There are usually over 25 Bands that will perform, on three different stages over the course of 7 days.

2009 days have been announced: July 6-12, 2009.
Past performers: TOO MANY to List!!!
Steve Miller, Styx, Jefferson, Cars, Poison, Bonnie Raitt, The Bangles, Cinderella, Shinedown, Finger 11, Trace Adkins, Hagar, Zappa, REO speedwagon, Staind, Zombies, The Sweet, Grand Funk Railroad.

Tickets generally run around $80 - $100 bucks

It is well worth the spent dollar...thats less than $15 a concert (remember thats a concert everyday for 7 days!!!) and the major acts are well worth the money spent!!! :)

melody129's new Lansing Page

by melody129

What can I say? This is the place where I hang my hat at night. Well, I don't actually wear a hat, but you get the picutre right? :)

Lansing has some absolutely wonderful "hidden secrets", but we have some "issues" as well. Living here all my life, I can say that for a "small town" we do have a bit of an ego problem. I interact with several people who are very well known in Lansing, and it seems to me that they seem to think that everyone should know who they are, and treat them like royalty. We do have a tendancy to be rather judgemental as well, although I do think that it is just the way things have always been, so we'll keep it up, be it good or bad....

Comments