6633 Main Street, , Michigan, 49757, United States

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Mission Point Resort

We had an awesome stay at Mission Point!!!
    The lobby of this magnificent hotel holds history and newness all at once!
    The history is documented in one of Macinak Island's secrets that is right on the property! The Tower at Mission Point is the best museum on the island!
    There is always plenty of friendly staff around the hotel wanting to help with anything. We felt welcome and at home from arrival to departure.
    The rooms are quaintly decorated with cozy beds that make you want to stay all day.
    the grounds are exceptional from a beautiful gazebo (perfect for weddings) to the meandering lane that takes you by the lakeside , to the glow in the dark putting golf course.
    The waterside veiws from all three restaurants and cafe reveal immaculately kept gardens and property. There are many organic and fresh selections at the Bistro On The Green and five star dinning at Chianti *****
    We are planning to make Mission Point a " Family Tradition"

Unique Quality: Historic Theater with first run movies
    Glow in the dark mini golf
    Fine dinning with live entertainment
    Extra comfortable beds
    Large workout center
    Great veiws

• beatiful views, and land scapes

This charming place made me forget about the rest of the wordl While me and my family were there, beautiful grounds, cozy couches around the lobby inviting you to relax and read a book, or play table games with friends, restaurants with awsome food and plenty to chose from besides the corteus and friendly stuff wating on us, walking around the hotel was always such a peacefull expirience and I was finding parts of the rich history about this hotel wich was very interesting, my family and I just love this place and would go back as soon as we could.

Unique Quality: amazing views, and landscapes, rich history and unique architectural design.

• ciaobellamici's Profile Photo

The Best Open Space...

This is one of the BIG hotels on the Island. Many anemities and service, so I am told. I've never stayed there, as it is really great for families with smallchildren, rather than quaint, asI enjoy.
    I like their bar - fabulous view.

Unique Quality: Their lawn is outstanding...

Directions: Let Mission Point staff take your luggage and transport you and your family the mile from the docks to the Resort.

• My Worst Mackinac Island Experience

First, let me say that I am a really easy person to please. In fact, most of my friends tell me that I am too easy and tend to let people walk over me. From my standpoint, I know anybody can have a bad day and things go wrong sometimes so if that makes me too easy, so be it.

Now, about my experience at Mission Point Resort. My wife and I have been going up to the island since the early 70s and just love it. So, for our 30 year wedding anniversary, we decided to stay on the island, something we've never done. We chose Mission Point Resort and made the phone call to reserve the room. I told them it was for a 30 year anniversary & asked for the "Garden View" room package. I was told for just so much more, I could have a "Lake View" room. When I decided to go for that, she added that for a bit more, I could have a “Hot Tub Suite”. So, I figured for the money, it would be wonderful to sit in the hot tub in the evening and look over the lake. After taking the almost $1000 two day package and paying for half of that right away, I never got a confirmation no matter how many times I called or emailed for one. They never even bothered to answer my emails. That should have been my first clue.

We got to the resort and checked in. At that time, since I use a debit card, I was told that there would be a small amount of money ($50 per day) held for incidentals. It was a surprise but what else could I do? We then went to our room. There was no lake view, in fact, the only view we had was of a dirt wall that went almost straight up. Then, outside on the weathered deck was a hot tub with a tent over it. They needed the tent over it because there are upper floors with windows that overlook the tub. Anyhow, I thought I paid for a lake view room with a hot tub so back to the front desk we went.

When told we got the wrong room, they told us that we bought the "Hot Tub Suite" which is where they put us!!?? Ok, maybe I misunderstood at the outset but I was never told if I got a hot tub, I gave up the lake view and besides, they never sent me any confirmation. We asked to speak with the manager but she was on a 20 minute break so we were told we could wait at the bar and when she got back, they would send her our way. After 45 minutes of waiting, we went back to the counter only to find that she had returned and to us, it seemed she didn't think it important enough to come talk to us. Her whole attitude and demeanor was terrible and showed no desire to provide any form of customer service. It was sorta like….Too Bad..that’s the room you picked! However, we did manage to come to an agreement after almost another 30 minutes of discussion. We would keep the hot tub room for the first night, move into a lake view on the second night and the price would be adjusted. I was not thrilled but at this point, I just wanted to get on with our anniversary celebration and enjoy the beautiful island.

We settled into our room and went out on our bicycles to have some dinner and fun but, when I went to use my card, guess what?? They locked up my entire checking account balance. I put a thousand dollars in my checking account....figured $450 to pay off the balance on the package leaving me $550 for two nights of lunch, dinner and fun. They put a hold on the entire $1000 bucks so I was essentially broke. Back to the counter we go where we are told they don't know why that happened but there's nothing they can do and they were not sure that if I transferred more money in, if it would lock up as well. The manager finally decided to give my wife $100 in cash so we can at least have dinner and buy enough gas for the drive home.

The next morning we cancelled our second day and was helped out by the assistant manager, who was the only person at Mission Point that seemed to really care and went a long way toward making our exit painless. It was nice to get some customer service and are happy she was on duty that morning. We went home a day early and after calling my credit union to get my account unlocked, went out and had a great lunch in our own hometown.

I cannot possibly recommend Mission Point Resort. There are so many nice places on the island that a person can, no doubt, do better then Mission Point Resort.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Comfort on the East Side of Mackinac

I haven't yet spent a night on the island, and if I did, I would probably choose one of the B & Bs over the tonier and more expensive htoels. If I had to choose which resort to stay at, I would choose the Mission Point over the Grand. Smaller, less stuffy, less pretentious. 150 rooms.

• rossandkelli's Profile Photo

Mission Point Resort

Unique Quality: Amidst eighteen acres, overlooking the blue waters of Lake Huron, lies Mission Point - the island's only resort. From flowering lilacs to the rocky shores that border its ground, the distinctive architecture of the resort gracefully compliments the natural beauty of the island.

Directions: Mission Point Resort
    One Lakeshore Drive
    PO Box 430
    Mackinac Island, MI 49757
    Phone 906-847-3312

More about Mission Point Resort

Mission Point Resort, nice room, but bed terrible

We liked Mission Point Resort, the room was very nice, except the bed was terribly hard, need new ones.
We ate breakfast only at the resort and it was excellent.
Mackinac Island is nice for a 2 day trip about once every 10 years.

Mission Point Resort - We plan to go back there!

After reading very bad reviews this year, we were hesitant about staying at Mission Point (MP), however, once we got there we were glad we chose it! The road that leads to MP was filled with beautiful topography, including numerous displays of colorful flowers. The resort, with its "lodgy-feel" and historic charm fit our needs greatly (my husband and I brought our 1-1/2 year old twins and their two grandmothers). The rooms are a little small but truly there was not anything extra we needed. With no air conditioning in some of the rooms you might be concerned about sleepless nights, however our 85 degree days cooled at night. Our room had a ceiling fan and a portable window fan if we needed it (we only needed 1). The pool was clean and pleasant and although it is not very large, our twins and the other guests enjoyed their time splashing around. I would recommend that MP put a pool in the grounds in the front of the resort (similar to pool at The Grand) yet at the same time I reminisce about the acres of green grass with the 100 or so adirondack chairs waiting to greet you and think perhaps a pool here would be out of place. We had a wonderful meal at both of their more expensive restaurants and tasty lunches in their family dining area. Our entire family was greeted pleasantly and the additional services we needed were fulfilled in a timely manner. Lastly, Mac The Moose spent about 20 minutes with our children and both of them responded to Mac warmly. Mac did a great job!

We stayed at the Mission Point...

by ferdnbean

We stayed at the Mission Point Resort. Room very nicely kept, maid service above average, amenities were abundant, and the personell there were very helpful.
I believe we stayed for around 120.00 for two adults and two small children, two full beds. Please not that the Mission Point has special rates after peak summer and also accepted my 'Entertainment Book' coupon...gave us the room for HALF PRICE ! You name it, they have it here. My only regret was we didn't stay an extra day to enjoy the resort.

mission point is the best

by TripAdvisor Member onumom

We just got back from a 9 day stay at Mission Point and had a wonderful stay. This was our 5th visit to the resort and we will continue to go back every year. The room was beatiful, the view was awesome, the food great (kids eat free!) and the staff was absolutely the best. I was shocked to read so many negative reviews. I can't believe that someone complained about the peeling paint and then complained because someone was painting outside their room. Many places on the island do not have air conditioning. It is all part of the charming island life. I give it an "A". I would encourage anyone to stay here. I would never stay anywhere else.

Amazing Mission Point

I have read several of these comments on the web site and i feel that many of you that have visited the resort have not fully appreciated its beauty!! If many of you had asked at the front desk you would have found out that the reason they do not have air conditioning is due to a lack or energy being supplied to the island. Themselves and the Grand Hotel are not fully air conditioned.
The staff at the resort gave me the impression that they are a happy bunch, many of them being foreign and over here for school, you have to remember that they are humans too and im quite sure many of the problems were out of their control! I personally had a wonderful stay at the resort, my room was beautiful, food excellent and the general vibe of the hotel was amazing. Although the island suffered a power out-tage, the front desk staff handled the situation without difficulty and the bell-men were exceptional removing my bags down three flights of stairs in the pitch dark!
All I can say is that you may go by what other peoples experiences are but you truely have to experience the resort for yourself! It is truely amazing and I cannot wait to return in the fall!
Keep up the good work MPR staff and be LARKY!!!

Secluded B&B

by Gypsygirl05 about Small Point

This small B&B has only about five rooms, but they're all quite spacious and mercifully quiet. There's a great wraparound porch out front that's hidden behind large lilac bushes, and the little cottage is set at the very edge of town just past Mission Point, where wilderness and the bike path (or M-185) take over. It's far enough outside the general chaos of town that you can get a great night's sleep, but it still has that characteristic charm of the island. Even the structure is very unique. The owners have bikes there for rent, and a simple breakfast is served each morning (toast, muffins, fruit and juice). The bathrooms are shared for the most part I believe, which isn't a problem since there are so few guestrooms. For those who are interested in the more supernatural side of things, this bed and breakfast is rumored to be one of the most haunted buildings on the island. Local books and guests describe various apparitions appearing and strange noises happening in the night, though we didn't experience any of this while we were staying there. The building is also of a unique Gothic structure, with a high, peaked roof that is much different from most of the other buildings on the island.

Comments