6633 Main Street, , Michigan, 49757, United States

Sailing and Boating Horse Riding Cycling
See Amenities

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 9, 2011

We had an awesome stay at Mission Point!!!
The lobby of this magnificent hotel holds history and newness all at once!
The history is documented in one of Macinak Island's secrets that is right on the property! The Tower at Mission Point is the best museum on the island!
There is always plenty of friendly staff around the hotel wanting to help with anything. We felt welcome and at home from arrival to departure.
The rooms are quaintly decorated with cozy beds that make you want to stay all day.
the grounds are exceptional from a beautiful gazebo (perfect for weddings) to the meandering lane that takes you by the lakeside , to the glow in the dark putting golf course.
The waterside veiws from all three restaurants and cafe reveal immaculately kept gardens and property. There are many organic and fresh selections at the Bistro On The Green and five star dinning at Chianti *****
We are planning to make Mission Point a " Family Tradition"

Unique Quality: Historic Theater with first run movies
Glow in the dark mini golf
Fine dinning with live entertainment
Extra comfortable beds
Large workout center
Great veiws

beatiful views, and land scapes

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 9, 2011

This charming place made me forget about the rest of the wordl While me and my family were there, beautiful grounds, cozy couches around the lobby inviting you to relax and read a book, or play table games with friends, restaurants with awsome food and plenty to chose from besides the corteus and friendly stuff wating on us, walking around the hotel was always such a peacefull expirience and I was finding parts of the rich history about this hotel wich was very interesting, my family and I just love this place and would go back as soon as we could.

Unique Quality: amazing views, and landscapes, rich history and unique architectural design.

ciaobellamici's Profile Photo

The Best Open Space...

by written on January 16, 2011

This is one of the BIG hotels on the Island. Many anemities and service, so I am told. I've never stayed there, as it is really great for families with smallchildren, rather than quaint, asI enjoy.
I like their bar - fabulous view.

Unique Quality: Their lawn is outstanding...

Directions: Let Mission Point staff take your luggage and transport you and your family the mile from the docks to the Resort.

My Worst Mackinac Island Experience

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 8, 2009

First, let me say that I am a really easy person to please. In fact, most of my friends tell me that I am too easy and tend to let people walk over me. From my standpoint, I know anybody can have a bad day and things go wrong sometimes so if that makes me too easy, so be it.

Now, about my experience at Mission Point Resort. My wife and I have been going up to the island since the early 70s and just love it. So, for our 30 year wedding anniversary, we decided to stay on the island, something we've never done. We chose Mission Point Resort and made the phone call to reserve the room. I told them it was for a 30 year anniversary & asked for the "Garden View" room package. I was told for just so much more, I could have a "Lake View" room. When I decided to go for that, she added that for a bit more, I could have a “Hot Tub Suite”. So, I figured for the money, it would be wonderful to sit in the hot tub in the evening and look over the lake. After taking the almost $1000 two day package and paying for half of that right away, I never got a confirmation no matter how many times I called or emailed for one. They never even bothered to answer my emails. That should have been my first clue.

We got to the resort and checked in. At that time, since I use a debit card, I was told that there would be a small amount of money ($50 per day) held for incidentals. It was a surprise but what else could I do? We then went to our room. There was no lake view, in fact, the only view we had was of a dirt wall that went almost straight up. Then, outside on the weathered deck was a hot tub with a tent over it. They needed the tent over it because there are upper floors with windows that overlook the tub. Anyhow, I thought I paid for a lake view room with a hot tub so back to the front desk we went.

When told we got the wrong room, they told us that we bought the "Hot Tub Suite" which is where they put us!!?? Ok, maybe I misunderstood at the outset but I was never told if I got a hot tub, I gave up the lake view and besides, they never sent me any confirmation. We asked to speak with the manager but she was on a 20 minute break so we were told we could wait at the bar and when she got back, they would send her our way. After 45 minutes of waiting, we went back to the counter only to find that she had returned and to us, it seemed she didn't think it important enough to come talk to us. Her whole attitude and demeanor was terrible and showed no desire to provide any form of customer service. It was sorta like….Too Bad..that’s the room you picked! However, we did manage to come to an agreement after almost another 30 minutes of discussion. We would keep the hot tub room for the first night, move into a lake view on the second night and the price would be adjusted. I was not thrilled but at this point, I just wanted to get on with our anniversary celebration and enjoy the beautiful island.

We settled into our room and went out on our bicycles to have some dinner and fun but, when I went to use my card, guess what?? They locked up my entire checking account balance. I put a thousand dollars in my checking account....figured $450 to pay off the balance on the package leaving me $550 for two nights of lunch, dinner and fun. They put a hold on the entire $1000 bucks so I was essentially broke. Back to the counter we go where we are told they don't know why that happened but there's nothing they can do and they were not sure that if I transferred more money in, if it would lock up as well. The manager finally decided to give my wife $100 in cash so we can at least have dinner and buy enough gas for the drive home.

The next morning we cancelled our second day and was helped out by the assistant manager, who was the only person at Mission Point that seemed to really care and went a long way toward making our exit painless. It was nice to get some customer service and are happy she was on duty that morning. We went home a day early and after calling my credit union to get my account unlocked, went out and had a great lunch in our own hometown.

I cannot possibly recommend Mission Point Resort. There are so many nice places on the island that a person can, no doubt, do better then Mission Point Resort.

yooperprof's Profile Photo

Comfort on the East Side of Mackinac

by written on June 21, 2005

I haven't yet spent a night on the island, and if I did, I would probably choose one of the B & Bs over the tonier and more expensive htoels. If I had to choose which resort to stay at, I would choose the Mission Point over the Grand. Smaller, less stuffy, less pretentious. 150 rooms.

rossandkelli's Profile Photo

by written on August 26, 2002

Unique Quality: Amidst eighteen acres, overlooking the blue waters of Lake Huron, lies Mission Point - the island's only resort. From flowering lilacs to the rocky shores that border its ground, the distinctive architecture of the resort gracefully compliments the natural beauty of the island.

Directions: Mission Point Resort

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Mackinac Island Travel Forum

Need advice about Mackinac Island, Michigan? Visit the Travel Forum for Mackinac Island and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Mackinac Island hotel reviews

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Mackinac Island
The Grand Hotel's "Other" Restaurant
Restaurants
Looking for something quick and cheap?
Restaurants
Local coffeehouse with a fantastic view
The Gate House
Go to the Top
Things to Do
Unique homes on the water
Fort Michilimacinac