905 S. Huron, Mackinaw City, Michigan, 49701, United States
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 77% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Clarion Hotel Beachfront

Nice Hotel

The Clarion Hotel Beachfront is a nice hotel. It is very clean and the breakfast was nice with a lot of choices both hot and cold. We were there over the 4th of July weekend so it was crowded but the wait in the breakfast line was minimal. Parking was never a problem. The hotel is south of the town's activities but is within walking distance. Our only complaint was the size of the rooms. We had a 2 bedroom suite for 6. (2 Qu. in one room, 1 K in the other) The room with the 2 queen sized beds was small with very little walking room, no closet, and a table with 2 chairs squeezed in between the wall and the bed which made it very difficult to get out of bed on that side. The room with the King bed was the same size so it was comfortable and had the only closet which was small and held the ironing board and iron which took up space. There were small dressers to put a few items but not near enough space to place suitcases and clothes. The beach was nice and never crowded. Our last night was miserable because we had loud people above us and they were up very late. Overall, a good experience.

A bit disappointing but not terrible

by TripAdvisor Member vabeachlady

Family of 5 stayed here in July, 2004 as part of a cross-country trip. This hotel is obviously pretty new - everything was still clean and new-looking. Check-in was very pleasant and efficient, but the clerk spent most of the time going over the stack of coupons and flyers for local restaurants and stores. It felt more like a sales pitch than a hotel check-in. The room I reserved was described on the Choice Hotels web site as a suite made up of "two hotel rooms" with "3 queen beds" and a sleeper sofa, refrigerator and microwave. What it was one nice-size hotel room with what I swear were two double beds, a sleeper sofa, one bathroom, and another tiny room with barely enough space for what I am positive was another double bed. There was also the world's tiniest refrigerator and a small microwave. Other two bedroom suites we stayed at on our trip had two bathrooms, so I was little disappointed with this suite - especially considering that we were paying $230.40 for one night. The location right on the beach was nice. The complimentary breakfast had just average food, served in a nice, large room that seemed big enough to accomodate the crowd (although there was a long line of people waiting to get in when we left, and not too many empty tables.) There were several other, nice-looking hotels in town. I would probably consider staying somewhere else if I'm ever in the area again.

The Clarion was GREAT!

My 19 yr. old daughter and I visited Mackinaw City in the last week of June. I had booked this hotel based on reviews from this website and got a very good price from Expedia. When we drove up, we thought it was the best looking hotel in the whole strip of hotels, and it really fit the theme of the area. The girls at the check-in desk were very helpful and quick. They gave us the coupon pack for the area, and we were happy to use them later to get a: free tote bag at Mackinaw Crossing, a free ice cream cone, a free tub of caramel popcorn and a free pound of fudge. Our room was on the second floor and very clean and fresh smelling. The breakfast was wonderful with so many items to choose from. It was a large room and could probably fit 150 people at different size tables. The choices included: hot scrambled eggs, sausage and gravy, pre-measured waffles that you could make yourself, fruit salad, toast, bagels, cereal, milk, juice and coffee. Everything we tried tasted very good, and we were glad to have a great start before heading over to the island.
I can't say enough good about this hotel. The indoor pool and jacuzzi looked nice, although we did not use them, and the water was warm on the beautiful beach. We will stay at the Clarion again!!

They know how to satisfiy us

We went to Mackinaw City to spend our 4th of July weekend with 6 Adults. We were worried on what kind of a room we will be getting but when we arrived at the Clarion's, we felt much better. Just the outside looked so nice and clean. When we checked in, the Customer service was more than helpful. About the room: We received a Suite (2 Bdrm), big enough for 6 people, for $198 a night which was just good enough for us. Thru out our stay we were satisfied with everything they had offered us. Great Breakfast too is included in that price.
We all know that if we ever go back to Mackinaw, we will be staying at the Clarion's

No elvalator in building where the main office is in

The rooms were clean but the layout of the place is bad. You have to walk across the parking lot to get to the breakfast bar and there is no elverator in the building I was in. The pool is also across the parking lot. I went out to get a snack and could not find a vending mach. around. So ...I drove to aplace to get something.Very rude at the front desk, won't be back here again!!

Accomodations great - breakfast not so much

by TripAdvisor Member msawye89

I gave this hotel an above average rating only because the rooms were large and comfortable and the location is great but for the prices, I would expect a much better breakfast in the morning. Given I have stayed with other chains that offered free hot breakfast and it was tasty and had alot to choose from, I don't think it's too much to ask to get the same thing elsewhere. But we booked through the chamber's website and got a deal so we were happy with everything and not disappointed with the other aspects of our stay so I would recommend it to others, so long as you didn't want a fulfilling meal in the morning.

Clarion's Great-We've been here before

We've stayed at the Clarion before and were not disappointed when we chose it again in October. It's beautiful,great complimentary breakfast,friendly staff and the Lakefront rooms are awesome.I can't imagine a better place in Mackinaw City.

Customer Service

The Clarion in Mackinaw City was great with Excellent Customer Service. We stayed at the hotel the 1st weekend everything in the city and island were reopening = no crowds. The front desk staff were great. They upgraded us at no charge to a fantastic room with a view of the island. The staff was helpful with many questions we had about different activities and sites to see. The breakfast buffet was nice also (included). I highly recommend. I do not recommend the Comfort Inn.

Over Rated, Over Priced

by TripAdvisor Member mjkandik

We stayed at the Clarion during Memorial Day weekend. It was average. Our room with two queen beds and a sofa bed was not worth the money. The bathroom was so small that it was hard to move in. The shower water was either hot or cold. Maid service was daily, around 5pm. The breakfast was the same for the three nights. Bugs were all around the place. It was impossible to even visit the small beach area because of the bugs. The hot tub was not hot on the last day. The pool area made your eyes burn. I was not very impressed. Plus, the free indoor water park is a joke. Think jungle gym... Plus it is dirty and way over crowded. Our next visit will be over the bridge. St. Ignace hotels and motels seem cleaner and a lot cheaper.

Not that Happy with Staff or Room

We arrived at the hotel 4 hours before check in time an asked for the earliest time that we would be able to get into our room as we had a one year old baby with us and he needed to get some sleep. I was told by the staff that my room was not ready but it would be ready no later then 3 PM. After returning after 3 PM I was told that the room still was not ready. Then instead of helping me the staff help two other customers that came into the office after me. Finally after another twenty minutes they came back to me an decided to give me another room on the same floor. The room was large and facing the lake. At the top of the room at least 15 feet from the floor there was a large window with no curtains or blinds to keep out the light. By six in the morning the room is so bright what we could no longer sleep and by seven in the morning you needed sunglasses.

Northpointe InnNorthpointe Inn