Comfort Inn Lakeside

PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Comfort Inn

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 27, 2008

The Comfort Inn turns out to be a really decent choice. We got in in the late afternoon, but check in was a breeze - no lines, no fuss, and a friendly person at the desk. Rooms are the motel-style, so no indoor corridors. The room itself was clean, quiet, and had room to move around in. Refrigerators are standard, so there's a place to keep things cool overnight. They have a fairly good sized indoor pool and whirlpool, but they were crowded so we didn't take the time to check it out. We also did not spend the extra $20 to have a lake view. Parking lot is good sized and easy in/out. Right next door to the ferry across the lake. They do have a small beach area, right off the dining area for the continental breakfast. The breakfast is fairly standard - waffles, pastries, beverages. There are many dining options and shopping within walking distance. Overall, this was a very good choice - highly recommended!

JBPoodle Jun 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I stayed at here June 22-24, 2013 and it started out fine. Hotel is dated but for the price and location it was fine. After the my second night there, I awoke to a bed bug crawling across my pillow. I called the front desk and they sent the "breakfast lady" up to check. Never was able to speak to a manager. The front desk was beyond rude, no apology, no offer to compensate me or move me to another room. In fact they treated me as if it was my fault they had bedbugs! I even caught the bedbug in a cup and showed it to them. I reported my complaint to the corporate office and still have not heard anything from the hotel. TERRIBLE SERVICE AND A HEALTH HAZARD!

Nearby Comfort Inn Lakeside

• Free Parking
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Mackinaw City Travel Forum

Need advice about Mackinaw City, Michigan? Visit the Travel Forum for Mackinaw City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Mackinaw City hotel reviews