Hamilton Inn Select Beachfront

Expedia.com Travelocity

Tags

Family Travel Historical Travel Road Trip
See Amenities

Very Disappointed---Pulled a fast one on us.

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 15, 2014

I made reservations 4 weeks prior to arrival. One week before arrival I called hotel to confirm our reservation. Upon arrival on reserved day, I was told that they did not have our reservation, even though they had all of our personal information in their computer. We were given a room $20.00 above the quoted per night cost (at time of reservation). I was told that it cost us more because they gave us a bigger room. I was in no mood to argue, I was tired from a day long drive up to the hotel and there were other families waiting to check in. We took the room and paid the extra. A week after the trip I am outraged at the 'switch' that they pulled on us. They made the mistake and we had to pay $60.00 plus taxes over and above the reserved quote. This 'loss of reservation' has cost them any future business from our family.

Other observations from someone who used to stay there every year:

For those wondering about the breakfast bar, we travel a lot and this breakfast bar is not very good. Coffee is weak, fruit was not fresh (Dole tropical mix, like chunky fruit cocktail) biscuits and gravy, powdered eggs and sausage. Cereal-3 choices, toast-2 kinds of bread, plain bagels, waffle maker, pancake maker juice, tea, water, milk. No yogurt or muffins or fresh fruit. Get there early because by 8 the breakfast room is packed.

No internet connection if you are a night owl. No microwave (they used to have them). No coffee maker in the lobby.

Lots of dead mayflies on the ceiling by patio sliding door.

Laundry room by the pool but you need quarters and the main desk does not give change.

rhensnest's Profile Photo

Misleading

by written on June 16, 2012

We were very dissapointed with our stay. My husband and I were celebrating our 10 yr Anniversary. We picked this hotel because their add said they had a resturant. My husband and I wanted a hotel with room service. The resturant is across the street and they don't offer room service. Our rooms balcony on the beach was so covered in spiderwebs that you felt creepy just going out there. There was a spider in our hot tub and an ant on the door. This building isn't very old, but there was a HUGE crack in our celing that they did a poor job trying to patch. The breakfast was not very good. We chose to go out the second morning we were there. We were so unhappy with our stay that we decided to check-out a day early and the manager got quite crappy with us and told us that we would still be charged for the 3rd night unless they could rent our room. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

very disappointed

by written on July 31, 2011

I spent three nights at this hotel in July, and it was the worst hotel I every stayed in. The rugs in the room and throughout the hotel were damp and dirty. If you took a shower in the room and walked around in the room then checked your feet they would be black from the filth. The sheets were clean but the comforter was dusty and damp, the whole hotel seemed to be damp and moldy.
I tried to cancel my 3rd night after my first night there and they would not let me because they said they needed to 48-hour notice not a 46-hour is to late. I was very disappointed with the breakfast; it was all the lowest grad food they could find and no fruit or yogurt. The stay with them was terrible glad to be out of that place and will never return. My advice to you is don’t say there I’m sure there are much better places to stay in Mackinaw City to stay.

Unique Quality: Great location for walking, the hole town is very well layed out for walking.

Directions: lake front

Worst stay ever

by written on February 23, 2009

It was absolutly horrible first of all the room they sent us to first was not clean, when i called for a wake up call I did not get it therefore I was late for my meeting which was the only reason I stayed in mackinaw. I also wittnessed the manager literally screaming at one of the housekeepers in fornt of guests and all. I was very dissapointed. They were not very courteous at all

Nearby Hamilton Inn Select Beachfront

• Pets Allowed
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Mackinaw City Travel Forum

Need advice about Mackinaw City, Michigan? Visit the Travel Forum for Mackinaw City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Mackinaw City hotel reviews