Hampton Inn Mackinaw City, MI

Tags

Family Travel Casino and Gambling Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
rhensnest's Profile Photo

Misleading

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 16, 2012

We were very dissapointed with our stay. My husband and I were celebrating our 10 yr Anniversary. We picked this hotel because their add said they had a resturant. My husband and I wanted a hotel with room service. The resturant is across the street and they don't offer room service. Our rooms balcony on the beach was so covered in spiderwebs that you felt creepy just going out there. There was a spider in our hot tub and an ant on the door. This building isn't very old, but there was a HUGE crack in our celing that they did a poor job trying to patch. The breakfast was not very good. We chose to go out the second morning we were there. We were so unhappy with our stay that we decided to check-out a day early and the manager got quite crappy with us and told us that we would still be charged for the 3rd night unless they could rent our room. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Fantastic hospitality

by written on February 23, 2009

I had a wonderful stay, when I checked in the staff was so friendly everyone from housekeeping to the management were wonderful. The rooms were also very clean and i just felt very welcome the entire stay. I know that i will never stay at a different hotel in Mackinaw again

Hampton Inn

by written on October 27, 2008

This was the best stay we have ever had! We were pleasantly surprised to see how very welcoming the staff was, how nice the rooms looked and how good of a breakefast they had! We had an aniversary in our party and the hotel staff went out of their way to prepare and set up a welcome basket in their room mentioning that theya re there for anything that we might need at any time of day. It was more than great and we are definitly coming back next year. Though we have to say that theya re open year round so you never know we might make it for the winter season too! Thank you guys soooo much! The Mills Family

Unique Quality: welcoming
friendly staff
nice clean room
great breakefast
comfy beds

Directions: Star Line and Arnold Ferry Docks are right across the street from them

#1 Breakfast

by written on October 6, 2008

This was our first experience with a Hampton Hotel and we were very pleased. First of all, the customer service was beyond any service we have ever recieved at a hotel. Everyone was nice but what put them over the top was when my wife needed some cold medicine late in the evening, the general manager went out of his way to go to the drug store and pick it up for us so that we did not have to go out so late!

Other than the service, our favorite part was the hot breakfast they offer. We were greeted as soon as we walked down for breakfast! Then we were pleasantly suprised to find that we were having biscuits and gravy and eggs along with a big spread of bagels, fruit, cereal, muffins, etc. It was great! We will definitely be making a return visit very soon!

Unique Quality: CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Breakfast
Beds were so comfortable!

mackinaw city's best

by written on April 23, 2008

One of the best hotels i've stayed at so far, friendly customer service, a great breakfast and the most comfortable beds! I would definitly recommend the hampton to all my family and friends.

Unique Quality: Close to all downtown shops, right across the street from the fairies. No shuttles and no driving!!!

Directions: Off I-75.

Mackinaw City Travel Forum

Need advice about Mackinaw City, Michigan? Visit the Travel Forum for Mackinaw City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Mackinaw City hotel reviews