1900 Summerton Rd, Mount Pleasant, Michigan, 48858, United States

Lovely Landscaped Casino Resort GroundsLovely Landscaped Casino Resort Grounds

Travel Tips for Mount Pleasant

Skateboarders Paradise

by janetanne

Mt. Pleasant may be a rural Mid-American college town, where not much seems to be happening except the casino for the big kids...but, hey all you kids over in Athens, Greece...you don't have a skateboard park like the one they have in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan!

Every town should have the open-minded creativity that enable them to create a healthy and safe environment for the kids to practice their skateboarding skills! Go For It! If I were 20 years younger, I wouldn't hesitate to try this fun-looking sport! Just don't forget to wear your protective gear:):) A skateboard, a helmet, knee and elbow pads, shoes and a determination to soar up the ramps.

Mount Pleasant, Michigan

by chewysocky

"The Reason"

The reason why I went to Mount Pleasant was for a competition Pow-wow which happens on the same weekend as Wikwemikong has their Pow-Wow (the first week of August). The scenery was amazing (maybe due to that I don't leave the country a lot).

"Attractions"

I wasn't really in Mount Pleasant for a long time , but I now that they have a really big casino close by. The pow-wow is usually on the first week of August, it's an annual event.

Soaring Eagle Casino/Resort

by truesunn

"Weekend Getaway!"

We stayed at Comfort Inn University Park, which was $60 cheaper than staying at the actual resort, and only about 4 miles away! The room was clean, but our bathroom light was burnt out!!! We had to use the sunlamp!

Soaring Eagle is lodge themed, which is nice if you are an outdoorsy person, but I wasn't too impressed. It was EXTREMELY crowded.

We had to wait about 20 minutes to get an opening at a craps table, and I stood around looking for a black jack table about that long as well. In the middle of the craps game, they upped bets from $5-$10!!! Also, we all know when the dice lands on its spine on the chips, it is a misthrow and you shoot again... Oh no, not here, the pit boss declared it a crapped throw and everyone at the table lost money.

It is also EXTREMELY smoky in there!!! I am a smoker, and I was getting sick from it!

We ended up loosing $100 between raising the ante and calling crap on a misthrow. I don't think I would waste my time going up there again...

Comments