8112 N MI-123, Paradise, Michigan, 49768, United States
Priceline.com Orbitz.com Otel.com

More about Paradise

Shipwreck Museum of Whitefish PointShipwreck Museum of Whitefish Point

Original Bell - the Edmund FitzgeraldOriginal Bell - the Edmund Fitzgerald

Upper falls from close up lookout pointUpper falls from close up lookout point

Tahquamenon River-Upper Falls parkTahquamenon River-Upper Falls park

Paradise , MI - movie or books

by Guglie

Hello,
I'm starting to draw a Comic Book Series for a French Publisher taking place in Paradise, Michigan

Writer and publisher asked me for a very realistic and detailed drawing set, so I'm browsing internet looking for pictures about Paradise (I'm Italian and can't afford a tourist travel to your beautiful city).

I found several of them (landscape, hotel/motel, lighthouse...), but I still didn't find anything about the "city structure": streets, main shop, main building (church, city hall), pubs, monument (statue, fountain) etc..

You know..I have to start drawing in a very detailed way a city I really don't know.

I'd like to ask you if you can help me suggesting me a movie (taking place in Paradise or in a very similar set), books (with pictures) I can buy.

I'm sorry to bother you with this weird request and I really thank you in advance for your support.

You can e-mail me the answer at the following address too:

m.rebec@lycos.com

Best Regards,
Simone

by travelgourmet

Good Luck with your quest. When researching an area, be it village, town, or city, it is best to contact the Chamber of Commerce of the locality. In this case without being able to visit then I would e-mail the town. I know that they do have of map of business shops on the main street and perhaps they would be able to send you photos to use for your storyboard. See website:www.paradisemichigan.org Buona Fortuna, Ciao

by travelgourmet

You can also look up in VT in destinations, Paradise, Michigan for pictures. Ciao

by KalamazooJohn

I just saw your request and thought of a good movie to help you. "Escanaba in da moonlight" with Jeff Daniels is set in northern Michigan and would give a good idea of the landscape. Perhaps you have discovered this one by now. It is available on video.

RE: RE: Paradise , MI - movie or books

by Guglie

Thanks a lot to both of you!!!:-)

Tou gave me very useful advice!

Ciao,
Simone

RE: RE: Paradise , MI - movie or books

by CONNOROBRIAN

I've been to Paradise Michigan a few times, buts its been at leats 10 years since the last. Its not a city. It is a little deadbeat town on nowheresville of the UP of Michigan. Its on a little two lane highway thats main destination is the goroues Taquamenon Falls state park.
The town has a small cafe that serves breakfast. A big old log bar/restaurant, a gas station and a dumpy motel. Thats about it. Winters are brutal on the Lake superior coast. Not many people live there year 'round.

Travel Tips for Paradise

camp 33, and the falls the...

by yamaha_willi

camp 33, and the falls the winter is the best time to see them. my best memory is staying at Crisp Point Lighthouse,and what I miss the most is the Beauty and the sounds and the great people like the ross'

Paradise...Literally

by HotRodEtte

"Small town, close to the sights"

Paradise is a small country town just off the eastern coast of Lake Superior. There isn't much to the town itself, but only 10 miles away you will find the lovely Tahquamenon Falls and Whitefish Point, home of the Shipwreck Museum and the wreckage and official crew member gravesite of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Paradise, Michigan

by Yorick12

You could drive through Paradise and if you blink you'll miss it. Population around 300, it's VERY small, but the surrounding area has much to offer in the way of nature trails, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing and other outdoor activities.

jchisholm's new Paradise Page

by jchisholm

Paradise is definitely paradise on earth. The best thing about paradise is simply sitting on the beach and looking at the beautiful, blue water. It's quite peaceful and I strongly suggest for those who like the simple things in life to make this an absolute must.

yamaha_willi's new Paradise Page

by yamaha_willi

Love it up there, I work at Crisp Point in the summer and snowmobile there in the winter. For the best place to get fish go to the Penguin, just as you come into Paradise on the left. for the best beer ever camp 33. and they have great food too! when your out on the trail rainbow lodge has awsome chili and grilled cheese and Bruce makes the best homemade pies. and for service Jays snowmobile service and shell station and rentals cant be beat. also for the money curleys is great, clean, warm. also some of the cabins are very nice all times of the year.

Comments