500 Thomas Edison Parkway, Port Huron, Michigan, 48060, United States

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron
Booking.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

• Week-end Getaway

My husband and I went to the Thomas Edison Inn for our 20th wedding anniversary in 1990. It was wonderful. We went again for our 40th anniversary and it was not so wonderful. The hotel is very dated and not kept up. The staff at the front desk really couldn't answer any of our questions and really didn't know much about the rooms or the area. We did have two balconies, one facing the Blue Water Bridge and one facing the St. Clair River. That was nice. The screens on the door walls wouldn't lock and kept coming off the tracks. There were no extra pillows and no extra blankets. We were charged for a suite, which is what we got, but we had book a water front room. The front desk couldn't or wouldn't help fix it. They told us that was all they had available and we got stuck with the bill.

Unique Quality: Nice pool and beautiful river front view.

Directions: River front Port Huron, MI

• greencard's Profile Photo

My favorite place to stay in...

My favorite place to stay in Port Huron is the Thomas Edison Inn. The hotel is great, comfortable and has all you need. Rooms are nice and clean and a lot of them have a nice view of the river. There is also a restaurant in the hotel as well as a full health club with a pool. This is where I always stay when I travel to Port Huron/Marysville.
    I usually pay our corporate rate of around $65 per night. I really don't know what the regular rate is, I imagine something like $90.

Unique Quality: One of my favorite things about the hotel is watching huge freight ships pass by on the river on their way in or out of Lake Huron from the dining room.

Directions: The hotel is located right on the river and underneath the breathtaking Blue Water Bridge which rises like a mountain over it. It has to be that tall to accommodate all the ship traffic in and out of

More about Thomas Edison Inn

Not Your Average Restaurant

by J.Dorland about Thomas Edison Inn

This is an older, well kept, higher end restaurant in the Thomas Edison motel located under the Bluewater Bridge. This is not a cheap place to eat but the food makes it well worth the extra money. The service is excellent and the atmosphere great. Filet mignon or the surf and turf are favourites. The food is perfect and the waiting staff very attentive. I would highly recommend this eatery for those special occasions.

A Great Place To Shop

by J.Dorland

There is limitless shopping in Port Huron. Just about every store chain can be found "out on the strip" just north of town. I visit Port Huron regularly find it a friendly place for eating, shopping and accommodations. My favourite places to eat are: Cheap Charlies (the best pizza I've had) and the Thomas Edison Hotel ( great food and atmosphere). I often go to the Birchwood Mall while in Port Huron for general shopping and stay at either the Holiday Inn Express ( hard to find) or the Hampton Inn ( my favourite). The rooms are clean, the staff are excellent and the rates reasonable.

Comments