Kewadin Casino Lakefront Inn

1131 North State Street, Saint Ignace, Michigan, 49781-1012, United States

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL! BEWARE!

I booked a Jacuzzi suite to celebrate our 30th anniversary. I was unable to book at the casino for the two nights, so I settled for the Lakefront. We had stayed there quite a few years earlier with our kids. It was okay then, they had a nice pool and game area so I thought that they probably had updated by now, but boy was I wrong. When we first arrived, we recieved our keys and $10 promotion each for slot play and up to our room to drop our things off we went. The room was a bit stuffy and it had a door to the patio and no window so we turned the air conditioner on and left for a few hours of gambling and fun. We returned about midnight to find the most horrific of smells in our room. It took us a few minutes to realize it ws coming from the air wall unit. It smelled like vomit and dog poo! Luckly I had put some candles in my bag. We spent all night long with the door open, with no screen, and candles burning. I was thankful we didn't wake with the room full of bugs or worse yet, critters of some kind.
    As we left for breakfast, I stopped by the office to let them know about the air conditioner. The girl at the desk said she would let the maintenance man know about it. When we returned late that night from our day of sightseeing, the room smelled like Febreeze, vomit and dog poo! Another night with burning candles and open door was our option. Needless to say I was very dissapointed and was glad to be home, and the whole experience behind us. Unfortunatley while unpacking the car I realized we had forgotten our garmet bag with some clothes in it that we had not wore. Immediatly I called the hotel to report what had happened and surprise, no one had a clue where our things were. To make a long story short, It took aout 10 phone calls, including a couple to the manager of the entire casino operation, and two and a half weeks later I received my belongings, minus a brand new blouse I had never worn. No one again knew where on earth it could be and even made me feel as if I was not truthful about the missing item. I still am shaking my head as to where it may be, considering the blouse was on the same hanger as the clam diggers that went with the outfit. To include the clam diggers in the package meant someone had to remove it from the hanger to put it in the package as the hangers and clothes were seperate. Of course "all of their staff are trustworthy and would never think of taking a patrons belongings" I have stopped trying to find out what happened. I would never, never, ever stay here again. The whole experience was horrific.
    BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! PLEASE STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE! If you do decide to book a Jacuzzi suite here, don't let them put you in room #301.

Unique Quality: The hotel was very outdated and shabby. The stairway wall had bird feathers stuck to it and the window casements had an impressive arrangement of black mold. Our patio was filthy, the chairs had mold on them and there were bird feathers and droppings everywhere, GROSS. The view was very nice and the weather was great.

More about Kewadin Casino Lakefront Inn

Kewadin Resort

by Don_Wright about Kewadin Resort

An all inclusive casino resort, with hotel, restaurant, bar, gift shops and workout/sauna room. It also has a concert theatre which features some well known artists. I saw Mindy McReady there last July 1st, 2000, and the next night '38 Special' was playing. You could spend a weekend there, and never leave the place.

Comments