3019 Lakeshore Drive, Saint Joseph, MI 49085
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph
HIExpress.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Joseph

The town I live in has several...

by Nicole_20

The town I live in has several beautiful old logging homes decorated victorian style that have been made into wonderful Bed and Breakfasts. There are also several hotels on or near the beach. They just have a wonderful atmosphere.

More Luxury in Lansing

by Basaic about Hampton Inn Lansing

I knew I was staying in town a few days so I opted for a more luxurious room since I might be there for more than just sleeping. I also wanted to be able to review more hotels for VT. The second night I stayed at the Hampton Inn. The bed was more comfortable and the room more luxurious. WiFi worked well. The hot breakfast started the day off well. The desk clerk was okay but I missed Madison from the Days Inn. Fitness Room, whirlpool, hot breakfast.

be careful with USA hostels

by richiecdisc about the good ones are good though

The United States has a form of accommodation for all types of people and all pocketbooks. From swank Five Star Hotels to roadside fleabags, you'll find what you are looking for. As a rule, rooms are not particularly great value compared to similar level countries. While I prefer to camp when possible and use roadside cheapie motels when driving long distances in a day, there are some decent hostels in the USA too. That said, there are some awful ones. I've been eaten by bedbugs from Fort Collins, Colorado to Savannah, Georgia. The US just does not seem to get the idea that a hostel can be a clean nice place to stay for all ages. If they ever get it together as a group, it could revolutionize accommodation in this country. When you do find a good one, it can be great. We've had good experiences in San Francisco and there was a very cool place in Taos, New Mexico on our last big trip. Check my individual pages for potential hostels in areas you are traveling to.

Largest Outdoor Gear Store in the USA

by Stephen-KarenConn about Cabela's

Cabela's of Dundee has become the number one tourist attraction in Michigan since it's opening in the fall of 2000. The 225,000- square-foot complex, costing $60 million, sits in the middle of an 150 acre site which is being developed with hotels, restaurants, a campground and other complimentary businesses. It was the sixth in Cabela's chain of retail outlets, which boasts itself to be the "The World's Foremost Outfitter."

Cabela's of Dundee is much more than just a store. The centerpiece of the building is "Conservation Mountain," a 35-foot-tall mountain wildlife exhibit complete with waterfall and stream. There are several other displays which are designed to dazzle the outdoor enthusiast and promote wildlife conservation. There is even a 65,000 gallon walk-through freshwater aquarium and a trout stream full of huge fish running through the store. We don't hunt and seldom fish, but we have stopped at Cabela's four times in three years, and I can't imagine passing that way again without paying them another visit. The only things we have bought at Cabela's are a camping cookbook, gloves, and chocolate covered peanuts. If it has anything at all to do with hunting, fishing or camping you will probably find it at here. They also have a nice line of outdoor clothing.

When in Hawaii, use the local...

by julident

When in Hawaii, use the local bus service. It is really cheap and very convienient, much better than any of the expensive shuttel buses and things the tour companies and hotels offer. In 99 when I was there you could get a ticket that took you fulll circle around the island of Oahu for $1! You can stay on the bus for a few hours and pass mountains,pineapple plantations and glorious beaches for $1 or get of by a remote looking beach and spend the day there as I used to. After 9 pm the transport it goes a bit stale though so don't plan any nights out using it.

Washington DC hotels

by suschu

We're looking for a hotel in dupont circle area that has an indoor swimming pool and is less than $200 per night. Any suggestions?

Traverse City - Where to stay?

by lemonpie

Where is a really nice place to stay in Traverse City this summer? What is there to do. Are there any great restaurants I should not miss? Thanks!:)

Re: Traverse City - Where to stay?

by pedersdottir

Hello:
Hope you will enjoy your Traverse City visit - it's quite a nice town. Located at the base of Grand Traverse and Little Traverse Bays, there are water sports (and great water views) from all directions. The downtown area has been refurbished to reflect the town's old-time roots, with period buildings outfitted with modern boutiques. Minigolf and water parks abound. If you get the chance, drive down to Interlochen Music Camp (just SW of town a bit) for interesting student (and occasional professional) performances. It's been about 10 years since we were last there, but I recall there being a good visitor's info desk at the historical museum downtown. Try a google search via Traverse City Chamber of Commerce for interesting local hotels.
Bon Voyage!

Upper Peninsula B and B?

by lhforrette

Hello Michiganers, (is that the correct term)

I'm from Minneapolis MN and have never been to the Upper Peninsula. Looking to get away for a long weekend with my lady (anniversary coming up) and was wondering if there are any great romantic type B&B's or hotels on Lake Superior up there? I tried to go online but there is really no good way to tell one from the next...

Price isn't really an issue...it would be a special occasion...just looking for a great place on the water.

Let me know if you know of any...I'd consider Northern Wisconsin also if folks have ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Lucien

RE: Upper Peninsula B and B?

by yooperprof

Hi. I just checked the Michigan Forum and found your question from April. If you are still interested in a romantic B&B in the UP, I can recommend the Big Bay Lighthouse. It's about as remote as you can possibly be in this part of the country, and absolutely charming. Can't get any closer to the lake, either. It's at the end of a county road, about 25 miles north of the town of Marquette.

Comments