2601 W Marquette Woods Rd, Stevensville, MI 49127
Baymont Inn and Suites Stevensville
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

Travel Tips for Stevensville

Like most areas of the...

by kimberbakos

Like most areas of the Midwest, the Berrien county area is full of friendly, helpful people. Don't be surprise if someone comes up and talks to you at a restaurant or gas station. It is something I miss whenever I leave this part of the country.

Gardening

by kimberbakos

One of my favorite pasttimes is gardening, and where we are in MI is the perfect climate. Our area is known as the fruit belt because it is where so much of our nation's fruit comes from - apples, grapes, peaches and blueberries are this areas biggest crops. I don't plant anything that exciting, but to me it is still a thrill to watch the firt crocuses blooming in the snow, and the roses get frost on them in the fall. I have three garden beds at our house, and lots of containers of plants as well. By far my favorites are the johnny-jump-ups that I plant each year. I really love the strays that come up in surprise places each year, hence the name of the flowers.

I love to plant container gardens, since they can be changed each year and give the outside of the house a whole new look. I have two planters on the patio that I replant each year. Last year was bacopa, yellow marigolds, and pink geraniums.

My new garden bed is a showcase from spring bulbs and later in the year, hostas. This is the first year the bulbs bloomed. I think it turned out great! What do you think? The daffodils smell great, too.

I was afraid to try roses, since I have been told they are very picky. But I planted these three years ago and they are doing great. They bloom in clusters instead of individual blooms, which make a great show from late spring until the first hard freeze.

Gardening is usually something I do by myself, since neither my husband or son enjoy it. But it looks like this year I may finally have a helper!

Comments