1445 W. Chicago Blvd

Satisfaction Poor

Travel Tips for Tecumseh

Skydive of course!

by rossandkelli

I had always talked about wanting to skydive but never really thought it would become a reality. Our friends John and Jennifer mentioned that they wanted to do it too so the next thing you know we've got a jump scheduled for two weeks.

As the date got closer we got more and more excited but on the morning of our jump I got a bit nervous. I think the anxiety came from truly not knowing what to expect. I thought it would feel out of control or that I would feel like I would get sick but it didn't at all, I thank my dive master for that!

Once we were in the plane I felt anxious and the reality of it all hit that I was actually going to jump out of an airplane at 13,500'.

My dive master told me to watch as everyone else jumped because it was cool, so I did and my response was simply 'oh my god'. They just flew out and dropped and told myself, that's going to be me!

I think the most nerve racking part was being moved to the door, Rich was a lot bigger than me and pretty much picked me up off the floor so I had no control but I trusted him so that helped.

The initial jump out of the plane required a bit of a scream on my part but within a few seconds it turned to excited screams instead of 'oh sh*t' screams.

We were flying! I imagine it's the closest thing to actually flying so the experience consumes you, I kept looking around and of course looked down a lot. My photographer Andy came flying up to meet us which was cool in itself, he got some great shots and an awesome movie. After a minute Rich pulled the chute and up we went, a little jerk but not bad at all. We then pulled the straps of my gear toward my knees so I could sit, easy. Rich showed me how to maneuver and how to land...of which I helped. The glide down was a couple minutes and was quiet as can be, we chatted a bit and then prepared for landing.

To land you come in on your butt, since first timers don't know what to do it works best that way.

My immediate response upon landing was 'let's go again'. I will be going back to take the course and to learn to jump on my own...liked it that much.

After you land and get out of your gear you can watch your video, they give you the roll of film for development. I went to a one hour photo and they came out great!

Packing List

by rossandkelli

It's usually warm in the summer so wear shorts and light shoes, I had on tennis shoes and socks and was sweating! Just dress comfortable and leave your jewelery at home or in the car. If it's your first jump, get the video and still shots...it's worth the $80 to capture your first experience on film!!!! We took a camera and took a few pictures of each couple getting ready, waiting and landing so do that as well because all the shots they take are mostly in the air.

Skydive Tecumseh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by rossandkelli

JUMP! My husband, two friends and I went to Tecumseh simply to Skydive for the first time so our experience is limited to that BUT it was THE most amazing experience of my life! We've got video too but unfortunately won't be able to share that.

YOU'VE GOT TO CHECK OUT THE TRAVEL LOG! Go to the right of the page, it's above the list of locations.

The picture is of me and my Dive Master Rich Mulcare.

Ross & Kelli Skydive Tecumseh

by rossandkelli

Ross & Kelli getting suited up.

Waiting, that's my photographer on the left, Andy.

Our friends, John & Jennifer. Thanks Jenn, your the reason we're all here!

Getting in Line for the plane. It's not really a line just a place to congregate before loading the plane. John and Jenn are in there if you can see them.

The Plane, this one flies on the weekends but during the week they user smaller Cessna's.

Our Plane Ride up to 13,500 feet. Far left, Kenny, Ross' Dive Master and Ross in front of him. Far right, my Dive Master, Rich, and me in front of him. Everyone else in the picture are experienced divers, Ross and I were the only two tandems on the plane.

Kelli, just before we jump. They kinda hang you out of the plane or so it feels that way. My photographer, Andy was hanging onto the side of the plane for the first couple pictures then he dove down to meet us!

"There goes Kelli & Rich!"

JUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm screaming for the first few 5 seconds, sorry about that Rich, but then it turns into yells of complete excitement!

Free Fall! It's amazing, my stomach didn't drop like I thought it would, not like it does on a roller coaster! It's like your flying not falling...amazing experience! Rich did a few spins for me too but I think next time I'd like to do more flips and spins because I know what to expect!

Still flying!

Here comes Andy for some more photo opportunities.

We look happy don't we? ;o)

Rich is getting ready to pull the cord. You don't know it's going to happen because it's so loud you can't hear so I figured it out when Andy waved to us that he was saying 'see ya' and bam the chute opens and you go flying up...very cool, not scary at all.

Once the chute is open you can talk normal, it's quiet and beautiful. Rich showed me how to guide and land so that was interesting too. While we were in the air we spun around a few times which was an awesome feeling...I'd do more of that next time!

Not sure when this was but I thought it was a cool picture.

Coming in for a landing. You come in really fast but slow down quickly then you pull your legs out straight in front of you and slide in on your butt, very easy.

I think I'm going to become a skydive junkie! I'm planning on going back for classes and certification so I can jump alone! What a rush!

"There Goes Ross & Kenny!"

Ross and Kenny. Curtis was their photographer and he had a bit of a hard time because Ross and Kenny are both big guys and they dropped like lead weights so it was difficult for him to keep up with them...the video is awesome though!

Free Falling, Ross looks very happy! He's always wanted to do this.

There goes the chute...

Landing...where's Kenny?

Ross coming in for his landing.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!