3575 North US 31 South, Traverse City, Michigan, 49684, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

• just4funds's Profile Photo

Indoor Waterworld!

Great Wolf Lodge is brought to you by the folks at Cedar Pointe (Sandusky, OH.) There are now 5 Great Lodges (Great Bear Lodge in Sandusky, and also Great Wolf Lodges in Wisconsin Dells, Kansas City, Williamsburg, VA and Traverse City.)

The rooms are standard double double (no way those were queen sized beds!) The bathroom setup was cramped (sink and mirror are in the main room, and the privvy is in with the shower.) The rooms include a microwave and small fridge, and most have at least a small balcony with chairs.

Unique Quality: The indoor waterpark is truly what you'd expect to find at most regional waterparks. There are 3 major waterslides in which you must ride on a tube, two smaller waterslides where it's just you and the water and then two mini slides for the tykes.

The central structure in the room is the labyrinth of passages which form the base supporting the Great Bucket. This structure has many layers, and there are numerous stations scattered throughout with some type of water activity (sprayer, shower, dumper, you name it!) Atop the structure sits the bucket, home to 700 gallons of thunder. Approximately every 5 minutes the bucket fills far enough to tip and release a majority of the 700 or so gallons of water which flows down a rough surface designed to slow the water and spread it out so that nearly the entire multitude of children gathered below leave satisfied. The cherubs know to gather because as the water nears the top of the bucket it spills out a side-hole that directs it to a water-wheel which rings a bell as it spins.

The snack bar prices are very reasonable, and they do serve alcoholic beverages too. Pack your own refreshments and snacks, get down there early to make sure you get a table in the location you prefer.

Directions: US 131 North to Cadillac, Follow M-115 to M-37, North to Traverse City. Great Wolf Lodge is where the old Oleson's buffalo farm was.

More about Great Wolf Lodge

My Visit To Great Wolf

I really enjoyed my stay at the Great Wolf Lodge. First of all, I really liked the water park because it was the biggest water park I have ever been to before and the slides there were long and fast paced.
Secondly,I liked the kid room bunks because there rooms had Nintendo 64 and a good selection of movies to choose from. Thirdly, there was a very good restaurant service there.Including,a trading post and a snack bar. Above all, my most favorite thing there was a very big arcade center. In conclusion, The Great Wolf Lodge was the most outstanding resort I have ever stayed at. You should definetly try out a stay at the Great Wolf Lodge!

A BLAST

Great Wolf Lodge was a blast! It was so much fun we didn't want to leave. Met so many great great people as well. We stayed two nights and are planning on going again sometime soon! I would reccomend this hotel to any people wanting to have a good time. I cant believe all these complaints since I didnt have any!

A kids dream big and small

This place is a dream for kids big and small. My little boy will not stop talking about the Cub Club and all the activities to do. As a parent of 3 I could not find a better place without having to "trek" to Florida and visit the mouse. I had heard nothing but good things and read a couple of negatives on this site...I don't think they stayed at the same place my family did. Everyone has a bad day but Great Wolf Lodge in TC is just amazing. Everyone is very friendly and my kids still sing the songs from the clocktower. We have already planned another visit with 4 other families this summer. WOW.

Great Wolf

We took a 9 year old and 7, and 4 months. Of course, the baby couldn't do much, but the older kids had a blast. The only problem we had was that we had asked for a crib at least 4 times, and it finally arrives at 10:30pm. Needless to say, the baby was already asleep.

Fun For Kids, Average for Adults

GWL was a nice place, but in the pamphlet rooms look a lot larger than the really are. We had the large room with the loft and had 8 people in it, but there was no place to sit when you all weren't in bed. One couch and one chair was not enough room for us. Water park was nice and well staffed, but closed at 10:00. After going skiing until 8:00 we had little time to come back and even sit in the hot tub. No pool over 4 foot deep, and the one that is that deep is too small. Would not stay there again in the next 4-5 years.

Enjoyable, would do things a little differently

This was our first visit. How I would prepare differently? I would pack foodstuffs for breakfast & lunch and have lots of snacks. Then plan a dinner out elsewhere. Would not bring any nice clothes as it is VERY casual & kids did not really stay in their clothing much. The hotel: The rooms weren't as big as we had anticipated but were novel in their bunk beds of various themes & the kids enjoyed. Trying to listen to two TVs is impossible in close proximity so it wasn't as if the kids were separated from us. The beds were very comfy (hide-a-bed too). Plus, our son was sick during the night and accidently "muddied" our carpet. The staff was so understanding & promptly sent a carpet cleaner & sanitized the bunk beds, toilets, sinks thoroughly (when we reported in the AM)!!
All the staff were quite friendly & attentive without any encouragement. Small freezer (individual ice cream bars maybe & then only if you plan to eat that night). The laundry service came in handy for us. I do think you could get by on 1 night. Get to the lodge promptly at check-in with kids fed & snacks for 10pm when the waterpark closes. Then have early b'fast in room & head to water park in the AM (before the crowds which come at 9:30) & then check out at 11 (but you can still swim). Would make it more affordable and completely wears out the kids!

we were impressed !!!

Our trip was wonderful and we plan on going back. the lodge is beatiful and the water park was awesome but what stood out the most was how friendly the staff was. a great place to take the kids.

Great Family fun!!

Had a great time at the wolf lodge, fun for all ages. Check the internet often because they have great deals sometimes. I got a night for $119 (Sunday). Everything is right there so you don't even have to leave the resort if you don't want to. There is a big mall very close and a Meijer right next door if you forgot anything. Also, they will let you in to the water park before you check in so you don't need to wait for your room before you enjoy the fun. They have changing rooms and lockers right there.

Over Priced- Under serviced

For a hotel in this price range the service stinks! The Waterpark is ALL this place has going for it. Restaurant service is terrible; the high-school kids they have passing out towels are snotty and rude; There are NO luggage carts available when you need them and our room was not even cleaned our restocked. Don't Bother To Complain - We filled out comment cards and got no response.

Comments