615 E. Front St., Traverse City, Michigan, 49684, United States

West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort
IHG Booking.com Orbitz.com

• ciaobellamici's Profile Photo

What a great location!

I recently attended two graduate classes that were held at the Holiday Inn West Bay. 2 weeks of biking down the TART trail from my home to the Bay - fabulous. I loved the setting and the possibility of hanging out by the water as we completed our group assignments.
    The Holiday Inn impressed me with almost every component of their facility - especially the location on the water.
    The Blue Angels were in town for the National Cherry Festival airshows and their practices began on Wednesday and continued through the rest of the week at specific hours, prior to the two performances on Saturday and Sunday. Plane lovers such as myself were in heaven as we watched them perform their amozing feats directly over our heads. We even viewed a rehearsal from the DOCK!
    THER IS NO BETTER LOCATION TO WATCH THE AIRSHOW THAN THE HOLIDAY INN. No question - I have found many excellent locations but this was easily the finest and most exciting spot to see land, sky and water enhancing the planes as they performed. There is shade and comfortable benches, restrooms, restaurant, and lots of happy people!

Unique Quality: LOCATION - LOCATION!

Directions: The beach, TART TRAIL

• 850prc's Profile Photo

GREAT location, very comfortable

Didn't actually stay there, but on the advice of the locals...I'm recommending it. As Holiday Inn properties go, it's average. Clean, well-maintained....and a good location.

My understanding is that basic rooms can be had for around $100 a night, which is not bad for a touristy place like TVC. They may be higher than that in summer.

Unique Quality: Here's one that will stir you up... a couple of the unwed males I know in TVC have referred to the downstairs bar in the Holiday Inn as "the best meat market in town". I'm guessing they're not referring to chateaubriand or pork tenderloins, either.

Do what you will with that tidbit of information.

I do know that on Friday night, the bar rocks hard... I could hear the bass from the hotel almost a block away on an evening stroll.

Directions: Right at the lakefront in downtown Traverse City.

Comments