4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

3800 American Blvd East, Bloomington, Minnesota, 55425-1658, United States
Travelocity Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 44% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America

Full Service Hotel I think NOT!

by TripAdvisor Member OWJK

Stayed at the hotel for 5 nights, while in town to do some shopping and check out the twins games
Here were the problems we encountered
- In the pool area there was a large amount of ants crawling around
- One of the hot tubs was closed half way though our stay
- We had told the Reservation lady when we made our reservation over the telephone on we were definitely staying 4 nights but were unsure if we were going to stay the 5th night. When we mentioned this to our check in personnel they said there would then be a $50.00 Charge if we checked out earlier than originally anticipated. How come every other hotel only needs 24 hour notice? Why is this? And why did the reservation representative lie to us?
- When we were checking out we had to use a luggage cart, one of us went to get the car while I had to struggle getting out of then non- automatic doors. As I was struggling at the doors, two of your male employees talking near the front doors watching me as the cart almost feel on me. Where’s My service?

-When we made our phone reservation we had requested a fridge for our room. The lady said there would be no problem with that… That’s all…. There are two issues with this

#1---- When we got to our room there was no fridge in the room… So we proceeded to the front desk to see if they had put us in the wrong room or what not. The male clerk I spoke to said extremely rude “Give us 5 minutes we will bring it up to you”, …. Okay fine so , 5 minutes later we got a knock on the door a guy was at the door with the fridge on a cart…. He said “Here’s the fridge”, okay well then he said come and get it… He made us pick up the heavy fridge and set it up on our own… Where’s My Service? I don’t work for you we were guests in your hotel and your employee couldn’t be bothered to bring it in for us

#2 ----When we received the final bill for our stay, we noticed a $40 charge for the fridge… If we had been told there was a charge for the fridge there would have been no issues…. However nobody mentioned this to us. So when we went to settle up our bill we asked why we had this $40 charge… The extremely rude female at the desk said “Oh well that’s standard charge”…. Well we said why didn’t anybody tell us this? She said “Okay just a minute she went to the back to speak to I assume her manager she came back with a smirk , and said well for future reference there is a charge for a fridge so deal with it” Where’s My Service?
- When we made our phone reservation we were told that the mall was .25 miles away and about a 10 minute walk. However the mall was a 10 minute drive and more than likely a 35 minute walk… Not very convenient
NOT IMPRESSED WITH OUR FULL SERVICE HOTEL!

A Good place to stay if visiting the Mall of America

by TripAdvisor Member Tasty_Mr_T

I stayed hear on a stopover to get some R&R before moving on to Chicago and home to the UK.

I was given an upgrade to the Executive Floor and as this was on the 12th (top) floor then this did help with having a larger roomand a better view!

There is a free shuttle bus to/from the Airport and to MoA, which is only 5-10 mins for both journeys.

The check-in was swift and efficient and my bags arrived ok in my room within about 5 mins time.

The room was ok, nice large 'king' size bed, the bathroom was small and had only basic tolietries (US Hilton please note the superior product in UK and European Hiltons), try some Molton Brown for instance!. The in-room fittings are ok, plenty of storage and A/C is efficient and not noisy.

The 'Club Room' on the 12th floor is open 06:00-09:00 Mon-Fri and 17:00-20:00 Mon-Thur, not Friday. Why it's not open at weeknds when there are so many staying there to visit MoA is a mystery to me?.

The Health Club/Fitness Room is free and has plenty of equipment as well as a pool and jacuzzi to ease the those aching limbs from all that 'Retail therapy' at MoA.

Special mention to the Oak Restaurant, the service is excellent and the menu as well. There is plenty on the menu to appease the most descerning appetites.

All the staff were helpful and as the temp was @ -8c/19f at the time they did try to keep folks on the move where possible.

All told it was a good place to stay and I would recommend this for anyone visiting MoA or the close by Buisness areas, or even as a stopover close to the Airport.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Devonbloke

We stayed at the Hilton one night as a stop over. The room was brilliant, clean and well furnished with very comfy beds. The Staff were both attentive and friendly and the food excellent.

The only tiny downside was that even with the air conditioning at its lowest setting it was still very warm in the room.

I would definitely stay there again

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Reporter

Just returned from a weekend at the Hilton and I have not one negative thing to say about this hotel. The hotel is beautifully furnished, spotlessly clean, the staff friendly. The free shuttle runs on the dot twice an hour to and from the airport and once an hour to and from Mall of America. The restaurant is outstanding; a full buffet breakfast at a very reasonable price and entrees for dinner prepared by an award-winning chef. All these things you would expect at a high-priced hotel, but here at a budget price.

Frequent Guest

by TripAdvisor Member Layover

I live about 90 minutes north of the Twin Cities and for flights earlier then 10 am, I always stay here. Usually about once a month. In the dozens of stays I've had nary a problem. Food is always exceptional. Staff is courteous. In all the years only had one noisy night: several hundred vets who were bussed in to be at a Bush rally. Made an Ozfest concert look like a boyscout picnic. Incredibly loud. Drunk. Fights in the hallway. The front desk immediately moved me to a room on the "quiet floor" where they stick flight crews. The location is terrific. They have shuttles to the airport and the mall. BUT...I will agree that it's become pretty pricey. And more and more often it's soldout.

Great hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member cactus7

Stayed one night. Front desk staff were courteous and helpful. Quick check-in. Great room......very roomy. Comfortable beds with clean crisp sheets.....lots of pillows. Very convenient location to the Mall of America and the airport.

The best......

by TripAdvisor Member PackOGils

Just got back from a two-night stay with hubby and 5-year-old son. We had a wonderful experience staying at the Hilton. From the beginning…easy to find off 494, check-in was fast, had us down for one king bed and had no problem changing us to two beds. Also, we booked a “Discovery Kids” package so my son got a nylon backpack with goodies including a digital camera at check-in. Plenty of parking at the hotel. Hotel is at the end of a street with no thru traffic. Surprisingly little airplane noise. The wildlife preserve would have been a great place to walk since it is right off the hotel parking lot but we didn’t get over there. The lobby and halls are well appointed and our room was lovely. Comfy beds, lots of pillows, fluffy towels, plenty of hot water, dimmer in the lamp, the list goes on! We did not have any problems with noise in the hall or other rooms. The pool area was our favorite! Finally a hotel that heats the pool warm enough for me! Not one, but two hot tubs, plenty of chairs and always dry towels. It was bright and clean and just a pleasure to hang out with the other families. We paid $124 a night and breakfast was included. The breakfast buffet was fine and featured scrambled eggs, French toast, sausage, bacon, oatmeal, cold cereals, muffins, toast, bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, juices, milk and coffee. I thought it was nice but if you don’t have the breakfast vouchers you pay $15 per person, definitely not a good value at that price. Of course we took the shuttle to MOA. It would leave the hotel at 20 minutes after each hour. We did drive to MOA too and it was easy to get there and had plenty of free parking. Other notes….staff was quiet and efficient (housekeeping staff take a bow!) Ice machines were around the back of the elevators in a room with a door. Three elevators meant no waiting – even on Sunday at check out time. I would definitely stay here again. Hope this helps…enjoy your trip!

Not a business hotel

by TripAdvisor Member espj

I recently stayed at this Hilton for a company conference. I arrived about an hour before check in and couldn't get a room even though some in my party did. If it is a busy hotel, I can understand that. But it went downhill from there. The room's bathroom is about the size of a postage stamp. The joke was that you could pretty much take care of everything by standing in one spot. On top of it, there was no safe in the room. Most hotels have that now and it is important for locking up computers. This "business" hotel, however, did not provide that. Nor did they have anything to offer at the front desk.

The food during the conference was fair. The conference room itself was part of the bigger ballroom. The walls were not very soundproof. You could hear what was going on in the room next to you which was very distracting. And controlling the A/C was not an option. Brings lots of clothes to layer.

The day we were departing, we were told that our check-out had been extended and all we needed to do was call the front desk. I had done that and they still locked me out of my room after the normal check out. So I had to go to the front desk with my arms full, show ID to get my room key reactivated. Very inconvenient.

The internet in the room was also problematic. I could not connect the first night. The second night I had to call the 800 number. The fix was to unplug the modem and restart. It worked but I had to do that several times during my stay to use the computer. There was no wireless available from what I could tell.

To print boarding passes, you could use the business center computers for free. Otherwise, they charge to use them. Good in theory but after multiple attempts by several of us, we never could print a boarding pass.

The positive, the hotel room was fairly quiet. And I liked that the room doors closed very softly.

If I had my choice in Minneapolis though, I'd go downtown. There is really nothing special about this hotel.

Comfortable Nice Hotel- I Recommend!

by TripAdvisor Member ladybugx87

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a business trip in June 2007. I took the shuttle from the airport which was nice. It arrived a few minutes later than promised but was clean, etc.

Check in was very fast. I am a HH member so I got a free drink ticket which was nice. My room was spacious but the bathroom is quite small, which is one reason I cannot give this hotel a 5. The windows allow a lot of light in and the TV has enough channels.

The hotel bar is nice- the waitress was very upbeat and pleasant. She recommended drinks for me and my colleagues and was very fun to chat with.

The gym was fairly nice. It had 2 treadmills and 2 elliptical machines and some bikes and weight stuff. It was quite warm though. I recommend the jogging trails across the street which I did my second morning.

My other complaint would be housekeeping. My room did not seemed to be cleanded very well, especially the bathroom. I normally don't complain about the cleaning job but this one was not up to a 5-rating hotel.

Comments