Le Bourget Aero Suites

7770 Johnson Avenue, (formerly Park Inn International), Bloomington, Minnesota, 55435, United States
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Orbitz.com IHG Booking.com

More about Le Bourget Aero Suites

Not Really a Botique Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member roper1313

If you read through the reviews I think that you can take a little from the good/great reviews and a little from the more negative reviews. This hotel puts itself out as a boutique hotel but is a little too big and just not quite done up enough to be labled a boutique hotel.

Wife and I stayed there for one night (3/15), we booked the night through priceline and got a $50 a night rate which was a great deal. We did hear someone else checking in at the same time for $99 per night.

The hotel is in a good location just off of 494 and France and it within a few minute drive to both Southdale and MOA. It was very easy to find.

The lobby area is small and can get quite loud during the night when the lounge get full. The front desk service was great, we were at the desk for no more than 2 minutes.

We were assigned a double room, which seems to be what we get with Priceline. Oh well we were only using it for sleep so no big deal. The rooms are done nicely with a small sitting area seperate from the beds, nice furniture and nice light fixtures, although one of our lights didn't work. Rooms have a flat screen TV with decent reception, not HD. Beds were nice and comfy.

As mentioned in previous reviews the bathrooms are very small and not very nice. They put a nice granite countertop and sink but left everything pre-renovation. Our biggest complaint was trying to get the shower to have a consistent preasure and temp. Either scalding hot or ice cold for my wife, although when I took a shower it was working fine.

Common areas were a mixed bag. You would have nice light fixtures, with old carpet and old trimwork.

We enjoyed our stay, it served its purpose, and was definitly worth the $50 a night. At $99+ per night the price might be a little steap. The Le Bourget says it's a boutique hotel, but it only goes halfway. If you want a true boutique hotel experience go to The Hotel Donaldson in Fargo, ND. It is one of the best in the country.

BEST KEPT SECRET IN THE TC's

by TripAdvisor Member elle55407

I book this hotel at least 6 times a year for workshops I conduct in the Twin Cities. What a wonderful alternative to any other hotel in the area. And I am super surprised by some of the negative reviews I have read. As most of my students are from out of town and require accomodations, and after trying out many other hotels convenient to the airport and Mall of America, discovering Le Bourget was a bright spot for me!! The staff is beyond excellent, the lobby is modern and new without being cold, and the rooms are spacious and clean. I have asked guests to give me an honest opinion of their stay here, and all have gushed positive reviews!! Obviously, being from the Twin Cities, I have the opportunity to book my workshops anywhere in the metro area. And based on my own experience as well as feedback I've received from my students, I have been beyond satisfied with this hotel.

The shuttle service is free to and from the airport and Mall of America and the drivers are SUPER friendly!! They even delivered my group to another location during the workshop at no extra cost.

I booked a hotel room here for my last workshop, which was super clean very spacious and modern. They have a new chef who is incredibly gifted and delivers an awesome chicken alfredo. And of course, the staff just can't be beat.

I think the reviewer who complained "the soap was too sharp" had to be looking for things to complain about. Whoever heard of soap so sharp it causes physical injury? Good grief. We loved the complimentary products so much, we all asked for extra to take home...which the hotel happily gave to us, no charge.

As for location, while the address says Bloomington, this is more Edina, I think. Regardless, it is located in one of the most desirable areas in the Twin Cities. You can literally walk to so much shopping, dining and entertainment, it's ridiculous. This is a super safe neighborhood, located right on the Bloomington "Strip" which gains direct access to highway 494 and France Avenue. Very convenient if you need to get around.

Another reviewer suggested staying at The Grand, instead. Well "The Grand" was not really so grand. I booked a room there for my very first workshop a few years ago. It was very run down and in major need of repair, and it was actually torn down and turned into a parking more than three years ago! In the same area, I have tried out many hotels. The Hotel Sofitel is just down the road from Le Bourget. Great restaurant, but the hotel is very worn out and dated and not so clean and for what you get, WAY over-priced. The Clarion is just plain dirty and weathered. And the Courtyard by Marriot is not only 'run-of-the-mill,' they offer none of the perks you get at the Le Bourget.

I would personally recommend the Le Bourget to anyone looking for a nice, clean, friendly, modern and convenient stay in the Twin Cities. It definitely delivers all that and more. And if you are worried about sharp soap, walk across the street to World Market and buy a bar of your own.

They robbed me and made me feel like a idiot

by TripAdvisor Member hotelvip

Well to start I just want to say that midway thru my stay here It was a 3 stars hotel. I checked in about 4pm on friday may 18th 2007 and that went smooth. I stayed at this place when it was park inn and now its Le BAS so they redone a lot. They have a bar in the lobby but it has no ultra premium stuff and no beer on tap and its 4 bucks a bottle of beer! and its all one big open space which kinda sucks but oh well. They used to have a hottub but took that out to but in some treadmills and call it a fittness center, which is very dumb considering they have a pool but no hottub! I went to my room and the decor is nice in a cheap way but nice still. The beds were real comfy and nice the flat screen tvs were nice except it takes a second delay each time you turn the station which can be fustrating for channel surfers like me. Like the other person on here said, the bathrooms are small!! Ive seen bigger bathrooms on cruiseships, only one person at a time and im not kidding, its that small!!! The room is not as big either really and no microwave or fridge like when it was park inn. They have flat screen monitors in their so call business room but no fax or copy machine, not business friendly at all and their shuttle to the airport lacks bigtime because of the long waits and unschedualed times. I asked later if i could have a late check out because my flight will be late and she says 1pm otherwise its 25 dollars!!!! Ive never ever been charged to check out late! So I said fine ok and went to my room. The next day I woke up at 9am and went out to shop nearby and came back around 12:15 pm and guess what? My room was cleaned and my stuff was gone!!!! My energy drinks, my jewel of russia vodka which was unopened and my bottle of players extreme cherry vodka all gone! Very pissed off I went to the desk and asked where my stuff was and they said im not sure let me check with housekeeping,well they found the cherry vodka in the trash empty when it was half full and never found my jewel of russia vodka which is very expensive and they never said sorry, never said can we compensate you back and they acted like they could care less and gave me the managers number to call on monday.
Mexicans should not work at hotels when they cant communicate and let each other know the guest check out times! Oh by the way they put a hold on your card for 50 dollars as a deposit which is more then most hotels ive been to. Im a very nice guest and this hotel failed to be honest and they deserve a 1 star raiting. Dont stay here unless you like crappy hotels. I almost forgot when i was drinking my stuff i bought from home on their outdoor tables the bar guy came out and asked for my id even though i look well over 21 and its none of his business that im drinking outside on the tables. Contact me if you wanna know anything more, thanks!

Wow, Pleasantly suprised

by TripAdvisor Member DadaLargo

My Friend and i stayed at this hotel for a weekend away. We absolutely loved it. Staff was nice and helpfull. The beds were great so were the rest of the amenities. It reminded me of Europe...ofcourse not the same like in Europe but close.

First Class Hotel NOT

by TripAdvisor Member midwesterntraveler30

I arrived and the check in was smooth. The room appeared clean, upon further scrutiny. There was liquid residue on the flat screen TV, mirror. The comforter had not been washed either. I attempted to order room service the following morning. I was told the server was busy and would call me right back. 20 minutes later no call back. So I called again and the front desk at to go locate the server for me. When the room service meal came the coffee cup was disgustingly dirty. There was no ketchup for the hashbrowns, and the large orange juice I had ordered was the poorest quality bottled from concentrate. Ironically their vending maching had higher quality OJ then that. Immediately I called to complain, knowing that the server had not made it back to his post yet. I was treated horribly, no apology, no offer to bring a new cup, I was told to call the Manager on Monday. I ended up putting the tray outside my door and told them to come get it. I have stayed at many many hotels, and never treated that way and never have I received rancid bottled orange juice in lieu of a glass of juice. First Class, no way. Thats clearly overstated.

Sleek, Clean & Hip - Great Price

by TripAdvisor Member HeatherDallas

This is a really sleek boutique hotel that has a European feel. They have a small staff but make up for it with good character. The place has a very clean design, very modern rooms (i.e. flat screens, mahogany woods, crisp white linens, L'Occitane products). They even have a yoga space in the fitness room. The location is tucked nicely. I've stayed here twice on business trips and it meets my needs and is close to the airport. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying overnight for business.

Cozy Bed, Clean, Fancy Decor, Good Price, But Not Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member aurelius33

I stayed here the other night after a fashion show in town. They have very clean facilities.
Arriving in the room, there is complimentary coffee/ice bucket, lots of towels, and a very cozy bed. The comforters and sheets were all freshly cleaned, thick, and warm. Slept well.
The lighting sets a good mood and is adequate. The room was cold but the temperature was very easy to control. The decor is great. There is a sort of wicker-ish wallpaper - but very clean lined, dark furniture. The whole place has a very modern vibe. This isn't luxury, but I wouldn't expect that for about 125 (which is what I got the room at through Expedia on a Thursday night).
The shower is a little low but has lots of settings. The tub is large enough. There is really fragrant shampoos.. the shower gel was mint/rosemary/pine though.. too strong for me. The soap and everything else was great.
There is a widescreen flat panel TV and plenty of channels. It swivels and is viewable from both rooms. It's just far away enough for comfortable watching.
There is an alarm of course.. unfortunately we were woken up by some sort of nearby construction noise. That was on the north side of the hotel. If you're booking this place in Fall 2007, consider that. It's not the place's fault though.
The staff at the desk were very friendly and attentive.
Carlos the waiter was great at breakfast. Unfortunately the chef didn't heat the food enough and the omelette was runny. The prices were at least comparable to Denny's or Perkins plus a few bucks. I'd eat somewhere else or specify instructions to the chef on how well you want the food done.
Overall I'd say that it was a good value with a great look, especially compared to some of the other nearby hotels. If you're looking for all of the perks and very fancy service, go to the Sofitel or Graves 601. But if you want a nice mid-range place with a really comfortable bed and good looks, go here instead of Holiday Inn etc.,

Excellent stay / great little place

by TripAdvisor Member lakeflyer

I will start off by saying that I got a great rate for this hotel. For the money, there is no way I would be able to find anything comparable to Le Bourget.

The hotel is tucked away, off the 494, in a relatively quiet location, but with easy access to the Mall and downtown. The front desk / bistro area is very slick, with frosted glass and comfy black leather couches in the lobby. It definitely gives you a boutique hotel feel.

The elevator continues the hip vibe, with swirled stainless steel walls. The hallway is a bit dark and room numbers are on a fleur-de-lis, nice touch. You open the door to the room and immediately there is a closet area on the side as you open the door. Instead of doors, the closet has brown velvet curtains. It sounds cheesy but it's nice.

The bathroom is on the other side. I will say that the bathroom is small. The door leading into it does not fit the rest of the decor, it looks like a leftover from whatever this place was previously. However, there is granite counters for the sink area and the shower head has all kinds of settings. The water pressure is great. Bath amentities are L'Occutaine. Great stuff! Towels are thick and soft. I had more than enough too.

Going further into the room, there is a little seating area with a couch that is also a pull-out bed and a low coffee table. Along the wall is a credenza-type desk, dresser combo. There is enough room to work on a laptop. The flat screen TV swivels for viewing in either the sitting area or the bed area.

The bed area is divided from the seating area by a wall that extends halfway across the room. It's nice separation but the bedroom is not completely separated in case you want that. I didn't mind.

The bed has a cool chocolate brown wooden headboard with attached halogen reading lights. The bedding is clean and very comfortable. I slept surprisingly well. I had no problems with cleanliness at this place.

The room decor is hip, all chocolate brown and French blue. The bedding is crisp white. There are a few coordinating wall colors. But it all works together. The air conditioning works really well.

The only problem that I had is that I couldn't log onto their free wireless service. However, they do offer a FREE business center with printing capabilities. I love when a hotel offers that.

I did not try the bistro or room service. There is an indoor pool and fitness room that I did not use. Both looked pretty clean and functional. I would definitely return to this hotel if I was able to come close to the rate that I am paying for this stay. I think it's a great value.

Awful service

by TripAdvisor Member wanderlustminnesota

We booked three rooms for an overnight stay. I would strongly recommend against staying at this hotel because of the poor service. We have stayed at a range of hotels - Country Inns to Four Seasons. Regardless of price, the service even at the less expensive hotels is generally good. This hotel has a front desk staff whose primary goal seems to be to pass you on to someone else and avoid addressing any concerns themselves. They are just short of outright rude, but certainly indifferent. If you have any problems at the property, do not expect any help from the staff. And don't bother asking for the manager. She is the worst offender, and sets the tone for the others. As for the rooms, the hotel's website photos are beautiful and a bit decieving but then again it was hard to believe that we could get true luxury at that low price (just over $100 per room). The reality is that you get what you pay for, which in our case, were three reasonable, slightly oddly configured rooms with small bathrooms and good linen. The property itself is not bad but doesn't make up for the appalling service.

Comments